Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 4GB tablet plan + CPO Tablet For $5/mo (Existing Customers only, 2 yr agreement, YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 10:54 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4945 posts
2793 upvotes
M-Arkham
RosalynG779926 wrote: The Huawei one has 2GB or 3GB of memory guys ? I can't see that info on their website
The 16GB one is 2GB and the 32GB one is usually 3GB
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1015 posts
839 upvotes
Vancouver
was going to try adding this via online and seeing what happened despite the calculation error, but this turned me off at the last step:
I have read, understood and agree to all of the details in my Agreement, including my service agreement, Fido Payment Program Agreement, the Fido Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy and Privacy Policy above

Once you complete this price plan change, your existing plan, promotions and discounts will no longer be available.

The price shows $18.50 / month for the plan minus $18.50 promo discount (this should be $15/month minus $5/month) and the device is $13.50 + tax and no discount, which rather should be $18.50 credit here. Doesn't matter too much where the discount shows but the 4GB plan is not charging correctly.

nevermind; decided i'd take it for the team and find out what happens. i'll report back later.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 24, 2012
2520 posts
1007 upvotes
MARKHAM
Gee wrote: Do you have a phone plan with Fido?
it was a 3gb data only plan. i dont have a phone plan with them
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31854 posts
5905 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
JasonCao wrote: it was a 3gb data only plan. i dont have a phone plan with them
I don't have a phone plan either. I have two Data plans 4 Gigs each and I pay 10$ per plan.

Not sure if I want to rock the boat
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 24, 2012
2520 posts
1007 upvotes
MARKHAM
Gee wrote: I don't have a phone plan either. I have two Data plans 4 Gigs each and I pay 10$ per plan.

Not sure if I want to rock the boat
10$ for 4gb is good deal. i was paying 15$+tax for the 3gb, maybe thats why i got it for free.
Jr. Member
Nov 19, 2011
124 posts
30 upvotes
London
I have the 3gb $ 15 month plan, reduced to $ 7.50/month. I signed up online for the tablet/4gb data all in for $ 15.25/month. We’ll have to see if they honour it i.e. the delivery of the new tablet. I can then present the captured screens and see if I can talk them down to $ 5.00 all in. Still its a good deal for me. I don’t have a line with them and I need SIM card in my camera at the lake. We’ll see.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2288 posts
544 upvotes
I'm seeing this:
Data 4 GB
$10.00/mo.

Monthly installment
$13.50/mo.

Total
$5.00 /mo.

Discounts will be reflected in full during order review

So i continue to the checkout and values change, hence there's obviously a mistake here:
DATA ONLY PLAN - 4GBPLAN INCLUDES
$18.50 - $18.50/mo = $0
$15.25/mo Fido Payment Program – 24 **note that the -$5 is missing here !
$0.00 Setup Service Fee
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Sr. Member
Aug 25, 2006
821 posts
163 upvotes
I think they did something wrong with the online checkout. The SPECIAL OFFER Save $18.50/mo. for 24 months is applied incorrectly to the monthly cost instead of to the tablet.
It should have been $5 for the 4G and $0 for the financing of the tablet.
Instead, it is $0 for 4G and $15.25 for financing the tablet.


Full price $324.00
Total Fido Payment Program amount $366.12
Down payment $0.00
Fido Payment Program term 24 months
Monthly payment (plus taxes) $15.25
Interest rate: 0.00%
Annual Percentage Rate (APR): 0.00%
Cost of borrowing: $ 0.00
If the mobile service associated with your device is cancelled or transferred to another person, or if you downgrade to an ineligible plan, you must repay any outstanding Fido Payment Program balance as set out in your Fido Payment Program Agreement.
If your Fido Payment Program Agreement is cancelled before the end of your Fido Payment Program term, you must repay your outstanding Fido Payment Program balance.
Jr. Member
Jun 4, 2012
122 posts
32 upvotes
RICHMOND
I have put the order in too. Total says $14.15 for some reason. But i have taken the screenshots where it showed $5 per month. Lets see what they say. Otherwise ill just return it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6028 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
You can just order online now?!!
Or you already have a voice plan?

I have only a 3GB data plan.
I tried add a line after I log in and realize I can actually see the $10/4GB plan if i choose need a new device.
But as others mentioned, the total at the end is wrong.

I ordered as well.
Let's see what happen.
morganplus8 wrote: I have the 3gb $ 15 month plan, reduced to $ 7.50/month. I signed up online for the tablet/4gb data all in for $ 15.25/month. We’ll have to see if they honour it i.e. the delivery of the new tablet. I can then present the captured screens and see if I can talk them down to $ 5.00 all in. Still its a good deal for me. I don’t have a line with them and I need SIM card in my camera at the lake. We’ll see.
Would you be able to cancel the 3GB plan afterwards when the contract expires? In the terms, it does say you need to keep the original line.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jr. Member
Nov 19, 2011
124 posts
30 upvotes
London
theflyingsquirrel wrote: You can just order online now?!!
Or you already have a voice plan?

I have only a 3GB data plan.
I tried add a line after I log in and realize I can actually see the $10/4GB plan if i choose need a new device.
But as others mentioned, the total at the end is wrong.

I ordered as well.
Let's see what happen.



Would you be able to cancel the 3GB plan afterwards when the contract expires? In the terms, it does say you need to keep the original line.

Yes you can cancel the 3GB too.. I need a second SIM card for my camera at the lake. So this extra SIM card will be helpful. I only have the one 3 GB contract with Fido and nothing with Rogers. I hope they send me the new tablet for my SUV and the SIM for my camera. We'll see what they do. I will try to clear up the pricing issue when the tablet arrives just like you. Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6028 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
morganplus8 wrote: Yes you can cancel the 3GB too.. I need a second SIM card for my camera at the lake. So this extra SIM card will be helpful. I only have the one 3 GB contract with Fido and nothing with Rogers. I hope they send me the new tablet for my SUV and the SIM for my camera. We'll see what they do. I will try to clear up the pricing issue when the tablet arrives just like you. Good luck.
One important point to note is that the new 4GB plan is eligible for the over usage protection plan after May 28, 2020, which means you wont need to worry about paying extra if you use more than 4GB.
Data Overage Protection is available with postpaid plans including Data, Talk and Text plans that were activated on or after August 7, 2019, as well as postpaid Data and Text plans and Data Only plans activated on or after May 28, 2020. Still not sure? Just sign into My Account and go to your mobile dashboard, where your data usage is displayed. Look for a shield icon near your ‘Remaining data’. If the shield icon is displayed your plan includes Data Overage Protection.If your plan does not have Data Overage Protection, you can still benefit from Data Overage Protection by changing to an eligible plan.
I am planning to use it with the Novatel mifi 7730l.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jun 30th, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Member
Feb 18, 2019
345 posts
362 upvotes
If you activate one of these plans, does the SIM work in a phone?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1208 posts
411 upvotes
DonkeyDoo wrote: If you activate one of these plans, does the SIM work in a phone?
Yes - I use it as my second sim for data

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 1 guest)

BertL67369, Darknova, rotchm, nike