Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 4GB tablet plan + CPO Tablet For $5/mo (Existing Customers only, 2 yr agreement, YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 9:11 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6026 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
If you have dual sim phone, you can use this sim for data and a cheap voice plan for voice.
It adds up much cheaper than a 2gb voice plan.
If you use iPhone, you can still use a Novatel mifi 7730l hotspot or alike to use data.
If you have a $10 freedom 1gb voice plan plus this $5 data plan, you make a $15 4gb+1gb plan.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jun 30th, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Newbie
Feb 18, 2017
17 posts
30 upvotes
Prince George, BC
Thanks to the OP, I got to replace my older $15 3GB plan with a $10 4GB plan and a Samsung tablet.

It was supposed to be a recertified Samsung Tab A 8.0 (2018). However, I just got it today and went to plug it in to my micro-USB and I saw a USB-C instead. I took a closer look and I got a SM-T307U - a 2020 Tab A 8.4 with Android 9! 3GB RAM too, score!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 17, 2006
697 posts
137 upvotes
I went the chat route and the agent was happy to give it to me for $5/month but wouldn't waive the activation fee. (I currently only have a 4GB data plan) Maybe it's worth it but I didn't go for it now.

He claimed that at the checkout you would have to contact an agent and tablets can't be activated online.

Also no-go on a discount for my current $10/month plan.
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Jr. Member
Nov 19, 2011
124 posts
30 upvotes
London
So I got my statement for the package that showed a cost to me of $ 15.25 and it is now twice that amount. They show the $ 18.50 discount but they didn't apply it!!! How difficult is it for Fido to do these things?? Did anyone else end up with a price higher then their posted $ 15.25 price?

" Plan Details
Plan Name Data Only Plan - 4GB Plan Category Fido Financing Plan Monthly Service Fee $15.00 Service Agreement Term 24 month(s) Term Start Date June 30, 2020
Term Expiry Date June 30, 2022 Plan Includes - Plan includes 4GB of data for initial charge of $15. - Data Overage Protection. Data is paused once you hit your plan's
limit. To un pause, you can add more data.

™Trademarks used by Fido, under license © 2019 2
When using your services, including any unlimited services, please remember that you are subject to our Acceptable Use Policy, provided to you and posted at fido.ca/terms.
Summary of Monthly Fees, before discounts

Monthly Fees for Term Services $0.00 Monthly Fees for Month-to-Month Services $15.00 Financing Program Monthly Payment $15.25 Total Monthly Fees (before taxes and discounts) $30.25
Promotions and Discounts
Description Amount Duration Start Date End Date Payment Program Promotion $18.50 24 months June 30, 2020 June 30, 2022

*Financing Program Promotion ends if device financing agreement is cancelled."
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3390 posts
3223 upvotes
Montreal
I think I could see how Fido come up with the $18.5 discount.

Certified Huawei or Samsung = $324 / 24 months = $13.5/month. Fido offers this free + $5 credit ==> $13.5 + $5 = $18.5/month discount.

You see the those devices financing appear on the contract depends on provinces as this number has tax included. You could ignore this number. For example,
  • Quebec: $13.5 + tax = $15.52
  • Ontario: $13.5 + tax = $15.25
  • Alberta: $13.5 + tax = $14.17

So basically, we will have to pay for all provinces
$10/month plan + $13.5 device cost - $18.5 discount = $5 + tax
Newbie
Dec 11, 2013
82 posts
74 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Need to have a phone line with them. Just add one for one month and cancel after?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6026 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
morganplus8 wrote: So I got my statement for the package that showed a cost to me of $ 15.25 and it is now twice that amount. They show the $ 18.50 discount but they didn't apply it!!! How difficult is it for Fido to do these things?? Did anyone else end up with a price higher then their posted $ 15.25 price?

" Plan Details
Plan Name Data Only Plan - 4GB Plan Category Fido Financing Plan Monthly Service Fee $15.00 Service Agreement Term 24 month(s) Term Start Date June 30, 2020
Term Expiry Date June 30, 2022 Plan Includes - Plan includes 4GB of data for initial charge of $15. - Data Overage Protection. Data is paused once you hit your plan's
limit. To un pause, you can add more data.

™Trademarks used by Fido, under license © 2019 2
When using your services, including any unlimited services, please remember that you are subject to our Acceptable Use Policy, provided to you and posted at fido.ca/terms.
Summary of Monthly Fees, before discounts

Monthly Fees for Term Services $0.00 Monthly Fees for Month-to-Month Services $15.00 Financing Program Monthly Payment $15.25 Total Monthly Fees (before taxes and discounts) $30.25
Promotions and Discounts
Description Amount Duration Start Date End Date Payment Program Promotion $18.50 24 months June 30, 2020 June 30, 2022

*Financing Program Promotion ends if device financing agreement is cancelled."
Did you add the line today? You got thr statement so fast? Isn't it suppose to be like a month?

May be call them up and have it sort out?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jr. Member
Nov 19, 2011
124 posts
30 upvotes
London
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Did you add the line today? You got thr statement so fast? Isn't it suppose to be like a month?

May be call them up and have it sort out?
Yes, I got the confirmation of the deal (or the contract in several pages) in matter of a couple of hours. The numbers are nothing like the ones shown when I setup the contract. I will call them and see what is wrong here. I would like to hear what others are going through as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1015 posts
839 upvotes
Vancouver
morganplus8 wrote: So I got my statement for the package that showed a cost to me of $ 15.25 and it is now twice that amount. They show the $ 18.50 discount but they didn't apply it!!! How difficult is it for Fido to do these things?? Did anyone else end up with a price higher then their posted $ 15.25 price?

" Plan Details
Plan Name Data Only Plan - 4GB Plan Category Fido Financing Plan Monthly Service Fee $15.00 Service Agreement Term 24 month(s) Term Start Date June 30, 2020
Term Expiry Date June 30, 2022 Plan Includes - Plan includes 4GB of data for initial charge of $15. - Data Overage Protection. Data is paused once you hit your plan's
limit. To un pause, you can add more data.

™Trademarks used by Fido, under license © 2019 2
When using your services, including any unlimited services, please remember that you are subject to our Acceptable Use Policy, provided to you and posted at fido.ca/terms.
Summary of Monthly Fees, before discounts

Monthly Fees for Term Services $0.00 Monthly Fees for Month-to-Month Services $15.00 Financing Program Monthly Payment $15.25 Total Monthly Fees (before taxes and discounts) $30.25
Promotions and Discounts
Description Amount Duration Start Date End Date Payment Program Promotion $18.50 24 months June 30, 2020 June 30, 2022

*Financing Program Promotion ends if device financing agreement is cancelled."
Looks correct to me. It states
Total Monthly Fees (before taxes and discounts) $30.25[/b]
Promotions and Discounts
Description Amount Duration Start Date End Date Payment Program Promotion $18.50 24 months June 30, 2020 June 30, 2022

Which means $30.25 - $18.50. I've been told the $5 discount on the 4gb plan will show up in month 2 or 3.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6026 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
a_dee wrote: Looks correct to me. It states
Total Monthly Fees (before taxes and discounts) $30.25[/b]
Promotions and Discounts
Description Amount Duration Start Date End Date Payment Program Promotion $18.50 24 months June 30, 2020 June 30, 2022

Which means $30.25 - $18.50. I've been told the $5 discount on the 4gb plan will show up in month 2 or 3.
$30.25-$18.5-$5=$6.75 which is still wrong.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Newbie
Sep 13, 2016
35 posts
14 upvotes
Fido will never refund the set up fee... unless it’s explicitly on agreement... if any rep promises a refund... get it specifically written on agreement... cheap tactics by Fido to make money..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6026 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
udhatya wrote: Fido will never refund the set up fee... unless it’s explicitly on agreement... if any rep promises a refund... get it specifically written on agreement... cheap tactics by Fido to make money..
But there is no setup fee on this plan.
When we add the line, it mention month to month is $5.
There is no way they can get away with this and keeping any fee.
I will complain to CCTS for sure if they do.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1015 posts
839 upvotes
Vancouver
theflyingsquirrel wrote: $30.25-$18.5-$5=$6.75 which is still wrong.
I believe it would be tax, because for me its $30.12, which is $15 plan + $15.12 device, which is $13.50 + 12% tax. So the delta in my case $30.12-$18.50-$5=$6.62 where the extra $1.62 is 12% tax on the $13.50.
Member
User avatar
Jul 3, 2008
483 posts
260 upvotes
Ontario
TL;DR The numbers seem right, but the summary seems wrong.

I'm trying to understand the funny math
1 Full price: $324.00
2 Total Fido Payment Program Amount $366.12 <- cost of device + tax
...
5 Monthly payment (plus taxes): $15.25 <-- it's actually including taxes
Hmm... I can understand from the perspective that they can't make a device cost less than nothing. So they charge $13.50 but offer a promotional discount of $18.50 to offset consumer cost

Doing more math myself for my own sake:
Cart Summary:
Plan $15 -$5/mo for 24m
Device $13.50 -$18.50/mo for 24m
Extrapolated Total costs: $15 Plan + $13.50 Device = $28.50 + tax
Extrapolated Total discounts: $5 Plan + $18.50 Device = $23.50
Extrapolated Total: $5/mo
Or organized differently
Plan Cost: $15/mo
Device Cost: $13.50/mo (or $15.25 after tax)
Associated Discounts: $18.50/mo and $5/mo = $23.50
The biggest thing that doesn't sit well with me is the plan is listed at $18.50 and not $15. But again, I can kind of understand if there's a system limitation in illustrating negatives.
My mind is still a mess with the clusterfark of numbers, but at least I've got a reasonable idea where to point at if I need to hunt someone down to fix it

Echoing someone else in this thread, I believe Fido's system doesn't like to show negatives in the plan summary. The numbers seem right, but the summary seems wrong.

Agreement summary for reference:
Image
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1015 posts
839 upvotes
Vancouver
dotsthewarlock wrote: The biggest thing that doesn't sit well with me is the plan is listed at $18.50 and not $15. But again, I can kind of understand if there's a system limitation in illustrating negatives.
My mind is still a mess with the clusterfark of numbers, but at least I've got a reasonable idea where to point at if I need to hunt someone down to fix it

Echoing someone else in this thread, I believe Fido's system doesn't like to show negatives in the plan summary. The numbers seem right, but the summary seems wrong.
The initial purchase page appears wrong, perhaps a limitation of how they calculate. The paperwork you receive after purchasing seems correct so far. The only thing not yet verified is the $5 plan credit which I'm told will start 2-3 months in.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

Dylndeals, star2002, behere