Expired Hot Deals

Fido

4GB tablet plan + Huawei T5 Tablet For $10/mo (Existing Customers only, 2 yr agreement, YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 7:07 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 15, 2009
73 posts
78 upvotes
Nepean

[Fido] 4GB tablet plan + Huawei T5 Tablet For $10/mo (Existing Customers only, 2 yr agreement, YMMV)

This deal is available for new customer now.
call the number 1866-315-3436
some representative could refuse to give new customer using all kinds of excuse.
but some will offer to new customer, no questions.

my pad has been on the way.(I am new customer, and have been asked to open a voice line)
ordered at 25 Sep.
Last edited by aasoror on Oct 6th, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleared up title
64 replies
Member
May 2, 2010
341 posts
217 upvotes
Thanks OP. They wouldn't sign me up as a new customer, but let me order this with a new post-paid cell plan. I opted for the $55, 11GB plan, which is better for me than my current Koodo $60 12 GB plan. I'll try to jump back to Koodo after I port, with the hopes of getting the $45 25GB plan! They are shipping both the cell SIM and the tablet with SIM this week the rep said.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1221 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
But the previous deal for existing customers is
4GB for $0/mo on the 32GB Huawei Mediapad T5 Tablet at $0 down and no activation fee.
Sr. Member
Nov 23, 2018
526 posts
674 upvotes
Underground Bunker
Not the best deal, I am paying 7.5$ for the same deal(tablet+4gb-no phone plan) at fido. This has been known for years. Others are paying 0$.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2005
2447 posts
1160 upvotes
Montréal, QC
is the SIM locked to the Huawei Tablet?
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 15, 2009
73 posts
78 upvotes
Nepean
from others post, and feedback from friends.
the SIM is not locked to the pad, we should be able to use it in any device.
Jr. Member
Jun 15, 2012
157 posts
65 upvotes
tofubb wrote: But the previous deal for existing customers is
4GB for $0/mo on the 32GB Huawei Mediapad T5 Tablet at $0 down and no activation fee.
So, they just gave you a tablet with 4GB data for free? You pay nothing?
Sr. Member
Jul 2, 2016
674 posts
1730 upvotes
haoyz wrote: This deal is available for new customer now.
call the number 1866-315-3436
some representative could refuse to give new customer using all kinds of excuse.
but some will offer to new customer, no questions.

my pad has been on the way.(I am new customer, and have been asked to open a voice line)
ordered at 25 Sep.
I got this deal a few weeks ago. Signed up at the Fido store and they have me the Huawei T5 10 tablet plus 6gb of data for $10 a month.
Newbie
May 7, 2007
55 posts
33 upvotes
Kitchener
In the past the SIM is not locked to the tablet. I took advantage of the promotion last year (the $0 a month promo and free tablet) and put it in an old cellphone for one of my kids - works fine, but no phone calls which isn't an issue since kids these day's don't ever talk on the phone.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
2342 posts
129 upvotes
choiclark wrote: So, they just gave you a tablet with 4GB data for free? You pay nothing?
With two years term, and if you cancel during two year term, you will need to pay back the tablet
Member
User avatar
Dec 25, 2012
206 posts
138 upvotes
Small note, it's a 2 year old low-end tablet.

Free is free, but don't let it turn you off tablets in general.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 15, 2003
2457 posts
468 upvotes
$10 for 4GB of data is excellent. I have no clue why this would get so many down votes. What's the issue?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 24, 2006
2873 posts
1668 upvotes
Barrie
RideGuy wrote: $10 for 4GB of data is excellent. I have no clue why this would get so many down votes. What's the issue?
No Idea, I have 2 3GB plans @ $0 per month and 1 4GB plan at $2.50 per month and I happier than a pig in you know what. I use VOIP.MS for calling and texting and it is the cheapest cell phone plan in the world.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 24, 2005
2396 posts
2490 upvotes
OP, your title is misleading.
You had to sign up for a voice plan as a precondition to getting this additional "$10/month data only plan with free tablet".
The title should be: "Fido: $70/month, BYOD cellphone plan (5GB) with free tablet and 4GB data-only plan on a 2 year contract".
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1221 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
choiclark wrote: So, they just gave you a tablet with 4GB data for free? You pay nothing?
Yes, they have this promotion few months ago, but for existing customers only.
Newbie
Dec 14, 2018
20 posts
17 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote: No Idea, I have 2 3GB plans @ $0 per month and 1 4GB plan at $2.50 per month and I happier than a pig in you know what. I use VOIP.MS for calling and texting and it is the cheapest cell phone plan in the world.
please for the love of god tell me what you are doing
Newbie
Nov 27, 2017
41 posts
29 upvotes
My kids are on the $15 3gb plan. The overage is $10 per GB, and once in a while they go over. What’s the overage cost if they switch? Right now they can phone for an emergency and text if necessary. They don’t but they can if it is an emergency. Not sure if I should give that up
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
7259 posts
7054 upvotes
Calgary
This tablet is a tough sell on Kijiji. 3 weeks so far......
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2005
2447 posts
1160 upvotes
Montréal, QC
angus_w_chan wrote: In the past the SIM is not locked to the tablet. I took advantage of the promotion last year (the $0 a month promo and free tablet) and put it in an old cellphone for one of my kids - works fine, but no phone calls which isn't an issue since kids these day's don't ever talk on the phone.
Are the phone calls function completely disabled? Mine is still active and cost 1$/min if someone accidentally answer.

Top