5GB extra for free for some loyalty customers

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 8:43 pm
[OP]
May 13, 2021
2 posts
11 upvotes

[Fido] 5GB extra for free for some loyalty customers

Just got a message saying they’re offering me 5GB/month for no extra cost or contract. Don’t know anyone else got this or not.

And when I got to the “My Account” page in Fido, this popped up:

Additionally I have been using an offered deal of 20GB/month for $50 since the day after the outage happened. Basically a total of 25GB/month now.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3217 posts
1963 upvotes
SW ON
AlphaStream wrote: Just got a message saying they’re offering me 5GB/month for no extra cost or contract.
Where are you located?
[OP]
May 13, 2021
2 posts
11 upvotes
Metro Van, not sure if it’s location based or not
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2744 posts
512 upvotes
Jebediah wrote: Looks phishi...

Fido been giving out free datas all the time. I'm on a 1+3gb data plan, but i have like 15gb bonus also, not that i need it WFH, I only use like 1gb a month
Nov 30, 2015
153 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
After well over a year (or two?) of hearing about everyone getting these free bonus data offers I finally got it. It still won't keep me from looking elsewhere when my contract is up this year.

I'm in Vancouver if anyone is wondering.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
5964 posts
5488 upvotes
One this day, 148 years ago, "the Financial Panic of 1873 took hold. The New York Stock Exchange was forced to suspend trading for the first time in its history and the crash precipitated a depression that lasted for six years."
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
1018 posts
441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If this was offered on my 0 data plan, that would be like winning a lottery lol.
Dec 17, 2011
67 posts
52 upvotes
Winnipeg
In Winnipeg earlier today, a coworker of mine said he logged into his Fido account and "they gave me an extra 5 gigs on my account at no extra cost...so now I have 30 gigs for $55/mo." Why can't Rogers do this for me? Comparison, I have corporate plan which gives me $52 for 15GB.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6404 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the offer would appear if login via browser vs app?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1242 posts
244 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
This was my offer when I logged in. 10GB for $40 would have been more appealing to me.
Images
  • Offer.png
Jul 18, 2017
62 posts
89 upvotes
Yup! Thanks OP. Just got my extra 5GB added. Most ppl probably have a much better deal than I do but $65 for 25GB isn't bad at all.
Jun 20, 2015
665 posts
183 upvotes
Place
as usual, not me.

been with them for a decade lol.
Good luck!
Nov 24, 2012
390 posts
215 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
They've had this for a while...
is targeted ! Depending on your usage.
Dec 27, 2017
343 posts
142 upvotes
Will this erase/replace any existing bonuses? I already have some from previous offers and wouldn't want to lose those for 5GB.
Dec 10, 2005
191 posts
77 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I am very loyal, but no offer.
So sad.
Call or chat in and just ask. I did and they gave me 3 gb extra for 3 months this time which isn't great, but I'm in Ontario, and I already have a $10/m loyalty discount on my plan. In the past I've had 15 bonus gb, lost it when I down graded plans due to working at home.
Nov 12, 2011
866 posts
385 upvotes
Ontario
note that you can still receive this promotion even if you claimed it before. I claimed this back in september then received the same notification about a month later thinking I'm getting 5+5.
but it removed my original bonus 5 gb and I had to contact customer service to get them to re-apply the bonus 5 gb.
eljay0 wrote: Will this erase/replace any existing bonuses? I already have some from previous offers and wouldn't want to lose those for 5GB.
yes they removed for me
Dec 27, 2017
343 posts
142 upvotes
willy156 wrote: note that you can still receive this promotion even if you claimed it before. I claimed this back in september then received the same notification about a month later thinking I'm getting 5+5.
but it removed my original bonus 5 gb and I had to contact customer service to get them to re-apply the bonus 5 gb.

yes they removed for me
Thank you. That has happened to me previously and they wouldn't reverse it, so before I had 5GB bonus and accepted an offer for 2GB more and was stuck on 2GB. I complained and all they would do is 3GB for 3 months. And then another 5GB came, so I took it and I am up to 8GB, but don't want to risk it, especially, since I don't need the extra data.
Mar 7, 2011
13 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
I got a bonus 5Gb from Rogers. No notification whatsoever. I checked my Rogers app, and saw I have an extra 5Gb available this month.