Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

60Mbps for only $60/month, unlimited, no contract (ON)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2016 12:02 am
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa

[Fido] 60Mbps for only $60/month, unlimited, no contract (ON)

From Fido's website:

"Available for new Fido internet customers only within Fido Internet service area (where technology permits). Offer includes Fido Internet 60 service (Unlimited internet, up to 60Mbps) for $60/month. A one-time $49.99 technician installation fee may apply if required and based on address condition. Taxes extra. No term or cancellation fee. Modem must be returned upon termination of service."

My current plan (15Mbps for $50/month, unlimited) is with Distributel, who is also offering 60Mbps for $60, unlimited - but they require a 1-year contract and can't guarantee the $60 after that (they bump our current plan's price up by a dollar or two every couple of years I think?...I assume the same thing would happen for this $60 plan). Questions for anyone who might know the answers:

- Fido doesn't seem to have any guarantee on the price staying at $60, do you think they'd bump it up periodically too?
- Does Fido ever offer bundle prices? I'm with them for my cell plan already.

At the moment, 15Mbps is fast enough for us (mostly streaming YouTube and Netflix, sometimes on 2-3 screens at a time), but I figure we'll eventually need more speed as streaming video takes more bandwidth in the future (I think?). Wondering if now is a good time to get 60 Mbps for a good price...
Last edited by cappaj on Nov 20th, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
29 replies
Oct 29, 2013
54 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal
Is this specific to certain provinces? I just checked Fido's website for Quebec and there's no mention of home internet service.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
It says it's available "only within Fido Internet service area (where technology permits)" - not sure where their internet service area is though? It's available to me here in Ottawa, but I don't know beyond that...
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Apr 17, 2015
89 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Same: I dont see it on Québec version of their website
Nov 23, 2012
602 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
It is only one year promo, after that it is 95.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
Looks like it's only available in Ontario, sorry about that! I edited the thread title to say "ON".

rliuthu wrote: It is only one year promo, after that it is 95.
That was the previous deal, I think - now it's straight up $60 a month and the price doesn't change. Unless I missed something in the terms?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7575 posts
396 upvotes
Canada
cappaj wrote: Looks like it's only available in Ontario, sorry about that! I edited the thread title to say "ON".

That was the previous deal, I think - now it's straight up $60 a month and the price doesn't change. Unless I missed something in the terms?
Got a flyer in the mail that also said the $60 is guaranteed for 1 year and is $90 thereafter.
He died for me, I live for him
Sep 28, 2015
5 posts
shannn wrote: Got a flyer in the mail that also said the $60 is guaranteed for 1 year and is $90 thereafter.
I called in to change to this plan. I purposely asked if the plan will go up in price after a year. The sales person did not mention that it will go up to $90, only mention that they can not guarantee that it will stay at this price after a year.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1743 posts
349 upvotes
shannn wrote: Got a flyer in the mail that also said the $60 is guaranteed for 1 year and is $90 thereafter.
I got the same thing in the mail
Jul 22, 2003
57 posts
18 upvotes
Signed up in store today after seeing the promo on their website the other day.
The in-store rep mentioned the 1 year price lock for this promo, but upon confirmation on the phone with head office the Fido in-store rep advised this price will continue past the 1 yr mark with no expiry.

Crossing my fingers I was not trick. The contract I signed in store did not mention an expiry date for this plan as well.
Apr 17, 2001
387 posts
290 upvotes
What's the "technology" that they are using? Still cable or GSM?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
is this a good price? can-net has cable 100Mbps/10 for $50 no contract
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
kwanyeung20 wrote: is this a good price? can-net has cable 100Mbps/10 for $50 no contract
I've never heard of can-net - are they in Ontario? Do they have a website?

I saw another smaller ISP, Carrytel, has a 50Mbps deal for $40/month + modem rent-to-own ($6/month for 18 months), but that's DSL. I *think* cable is better, but not sure?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
cappaj wrote: I've never heard of can-net - are they in Ontario? Do they have a website?

I saw another smaller ISP, Carrytel, has a 50Mbps deal for $40/month + modem rent-to-own ($6/month for 18 months), but that's DSL. I *think* cable is better, but not sure?
https://www.cannettel.com/Plan/Cable
they have just ended the promo and raised the price to $60 for 100Mb/10 and the activation fee raised up from $30 to $100 so it's not a hot deal anymore, but it might work for some.
or just wait for another promo! I'm probably switching to it if they have a promo next year.

having said that, fido might be better since it is still direclty under rogers and $60 for 60mbps is not bad.
May 22, 2011
21 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
Can anyone speak on the quality and service on their internet provided? The rogers internet that I have here isn't very stable (some slow downs) and I know Fido is under them, so I was wondering if I'd experience the same.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3508 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: is this a good price? can-net has cable 100Mbps/10 for $50 no contract
How is the service with Can-net? Any slow downs at all? Is it reliable?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6907 posts
5592 upvotes
I signed up for the 30mbit 300gb for $50. I was offered $60 for unlimited but didn't need it so opted for cheaper plan. Everything is branded Fido but it is exactly a Rogers service. If Rogers sucks for you, then this will probably suck for you as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
orbitdesign wrote: How is the service with Can-net? Any slow downs at all? Is it reliable?
i replied to your pm, but basically i didnt make the switch yet because i still have a contract. it's a competitive price though for sure.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
This can-net seems good but no pricing on their website so is GSM technology fast or what and my guess I need new modems?
Love saving money......
Mar 7, 2004
605 posts
11 upvotes
I spoke with a Fido rep and he said the price doesn't expire after one year like the it says in the flyer. It might go up in price like any other regular service plan, though. Pretty sure he mentioned two-months notice if the rate goes up.

Anyways, this seems like a good deal to me. I'm paying $50/month right now for half those speeds and a 300GB cap.