[Fido] 75 Mbps at $32.50 a month + $150 +50 GC at Walmart

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 10:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5033 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto
archvenus14 wrote: signed up for it online for $150. Dint bother with going to walmart for the extra $50. Thanks OP!

Hopefully there is another deal in a year. Not willing the pay the horrendous full price
I have Fido for 3 or maybe 4 years now, always with either 50% off or close to it. Just have to pay attention to latest offer before the year ends, and then either beg for it, or cancel + signup with different family member.
Oct 28, 2017
60 posts
5 upvotes
Does anyone know when the service starts the cycle? The day you sign the paper or the day you connect the modem?
Oct 29, 2017
32 posts
13 upvotes
DolbyM wrote: Used Live Chat to get 50% of the 150u package + 150 GC
What did you say, exactly? Were you an existing Fido internet customer?
Oct 29, 2016
8 posts
3 upvotes
jshutchinson3038 wrote: What did you say, exactly? Were you an existing Fido internet customer?
Nope. I had a cell phone line with Fido and I just asked for internet with that deal and they added it to my account. Chatted on Thursday and got the modem on Friday.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2734 posts
2263 upvotes
Toronto
steam04 wrote: Does anyone know when the service starts the cycle? The day you sign the paper or the day you connect the modem?
The billing cycle is assigned by their system. It can not be set or changed.
Your activation date is supposed to be the date you receive your modem.
If the modem is delays you should be able to get credit for the days you were without a modem.

Account, Charges and Billing Information
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/terms/fido ... conditions

"Service charges will start on the Activation Date and are billed in advance. Unless we both agree to a different arrangement, your billing period runs for one month, and ends on the bill date noted on the top of your bill. Your Activation Date and billing period won’t always start on the same day. When this happens, your Service charges and allotted usage are pro-rated for the period between your Activation Date and your bill date."
Apr 25, 2007
69 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Signed up Friday at Walmart Warden Scarborough. They had a sign on the $150 + $50 gift cards earlier in the week but the CSR now claimed the promotion was over so no $50 gift card but LOL there was a Fido sign at the cash turned sideways that said $25 gift card so I asked about it and was told you needed to buy something that connects to the internet. No cheap Ethernet cables anywhere to be found and I tried hunting and found some products but they supposedly didn’t qualify so gave up. Hope I get the $150 from Fido.
I just went to Etobicoke South Walmart and was able to get the $50 Walmart gift card as well by buying a Wi-Fi switch that cost ~ $13 after taxes, leaving a balance of ~ $37 in the gift card. I also didn't have to pay anything because the CSR took it directly out of the gift card.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3453 posts
586 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP, got the $150 + $50 at Walmart Morningside. Had to spend the $50 on an accessory, but I returned it immediately at the customer service desk Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14452 posts
3478 upvotes
Late to the game..so today last day?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 21, 2018
34 posts
15 upvotes
kiasu wrote: Late to the game..so today last day?
I think tomorrow is, "till the 30th".

I'm just on live-chat on the fido website right now, agent gave no issues with the $150GC/$32.50/mo 75u, assuming you don't wanna try to angle hard for the extra $25-50 in store (which I do not).
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14452 posts
3478 upvotes
porcupine5 wrote: I think tomorrow is, "till the 30th".

I'm just on live-chat on the fido website right now, agent gave no issues with the $150GC/$32.50/mo 75u, assuming you don't wanna try to angle hard for the extra $25-50 in store (which I do not).
I mean $150+$50
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Feb 18, 2019
263 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
Bill says $8 per month for modem rental. Can I choose to bring my own and save this fees?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2246 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
SneakyPete wrote: Am I reading it right we should receive an email to claim the gift card? If so, how many days after sign up should we expect the email?
From my LiveChat:

You have 30 days to get your services installed. If you don’t install your services within 30 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.
Up to 6 weeks after your installation, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to register for your Fido Mastercard® Prepaid Card. The registration email will come from fido@e.helloworldmail.com.
You’ll have 45 days from the day you receive the email to register. If you don’t register within 45 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.
After you’ve successfully registered for the card, electronic gift cards take 1-2 weeks to arrive.
All the instructions for redeeming your Mastercard Prepaid Card will be in the email we send you.
Be sure to check your junk mail folder to ensure you don’t miss the email.
Your service must remain active for 30 days to be eligible for Prepaid card.
You can use your pre-paid Mastercard anywhere except in Fido retail locations or to pay your bill.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
May 8, 2016
197 posts
328 upvotes
I live in an apartment. I currently have Rogers 500mbps installed. I have that White (standing) modem with a coxial cable. When I'll get this Fido modem, I just need to replace the Rogers modem, connect the same coxial cable to it and it would work? Or is there something to be done from the backend as well?
Nov 14, 2003
434 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
jawadjaved87 wrote: I live in an apartment. I currently have Rogers 500mbps installed. I have that White (standing) modem with a coxial cable. When I'll get this Fido modem, I just need to replace the Rogers modem, connect the same coxial cable to it and it would work? Or is there something to be done from the backend as well?
That's the way it is supposed to work. I had to find the reset button on my Fido modem to get it to work; other than that, it really should be that simple.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2734 posts
2263 upvotes
Toronto
SohSay wrote: Bill says $8 per month for modem rental. Can I choose to bring my own and save this fees?
No
Nov 25, 2020
20 posts
4 upvotes
*Alert* Have you guys gotten your first bill yet? There are hidden fees, I Purchased the 150 download @ $37.50 but my first bill came up to $53 [incl. $6.16 HST ] . Did you guys get charged these extra fees?
Nov 23, 2017
348 posts
141 upvotes
AlbertL73372 wrote: *Alert* Have you guys gotten your first bill yet? There are hidden fees, I Purchased the 150 download @ $37.50 but my first bill came up to $53 [incl. $6.16 HST ] . Did you guys get charged these extra fees?
Yes, it is a prorated charge that they calculate from the date your modem is shipped to your first billing date. That cost is on top of your discounted plan plus taxes.
Nov 25, 2020
20 posts
4 upvotes
Ph7nam wrote: Yes, it is a prorated charge that they calculate from the date your modem is shipped to your first billing date. That cost is on top of your discounted plan plus taxes.
ah ok so its date of modem + 1 full month. How much are the modem rental fees per month?
Nov 23, 2017
348 posts
141 upvotes
AlbertL73372 wrote: ah ok so its date of modem + 1 full month. How much are the modem rental fees per month?
The modem rental fee is included in your discounted plan.