Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Fido] 75 Mbps at $32.50 a month + $150 +50 GC at Walmart

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 10:20 am
Member
Mar 8, 2013
330 posts
549 upvotes
Toronto
AlbertL73372 wrote: ah ok so its date of modem + 1 full month. How much are the modem rental fees per month?
Your first bill should show you a breakdown of all the fees for the first partial month and for the second full month.

The regular full price of the 75 Mbps service is $65.00 per month ($57.00 service + $8.00 modem). With the 50% discount, it's $32.50 per month ($28.50 service + $4.00 modem).
The regular full price of the 150 Mbps service is $75.00 per month ($67.00 service + $8.00 modem). With the 50% discount, it's $37.50 per month ($33.50 service + $4.00 modem).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4741 posts
2811 upvotes
Is this offer/deal dead now then since it's Dec.2nd?

I'm curious, I'm on Rogers 1Gbps. I know we truly never get 1Gbps speeds, but 150Mbps would not be enough for 4K/gaming and 5-6 people in a house, correct?
Last edited by Sejad on Dec 2nd, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5033 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote: Is this offer/deal dead now then since it's Dec.2nd?

I'm curious, I'm on Roger 1Gbps. I know we truly never get 1Gbps speeds, but 150Mbps would not be enough for 4K/gaming and 5-6 people in a house, correct?
Even Netflix 4k streaming recommends 25Mbps only. So depends on what u all doing and if simultaneously. Imo should be enough, unless u all straight downloading large files all the times
Newbie
Nov 25, 2020
20 posts
4 upvotes
Callister wrote: Your first bill should show you a breakdown of all the fees for the first partial month and for the second full month.

The regular full price of the 75 Mbps service is $65.00 per month ($57.00 service + $8.00 modem). With the 50% discount, it's $32.50 per month ($28.50 service + $4.00 modem).
The regular full price of the 150 Mbps service is $75.00 per month ($67.00 service + $8.00 modem). With the 50% discount, it's $37.50 per month ($33.50 service + $4.00 modem).
thanks
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
542 posts
201 upvotes
Just signed up with Fido for the 150plan $37.50 +150GC - live chat is still offering it.

No shipping fee, no activation fee, free modem rental and no contract. Can't go wrong with this deal for 12 months
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 1, 2018
36 posts
138 upvotes
GTA Online
vortex240 wrote: Just signed up with Fido for the 150plan $37.50 +150GC - live chat is still offering it.

No shipping fee, no activation fee, free modem rental and no contract. Can't go wrong with this deal for 12 months

Been trying forever all day to get this via Live Chat... I assumed the deal was dead, going to try again now. Thank you.
So this is a sig, eh? 😕
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
542 posts
201 upvotes
ThisIsMyDesiredUsername wrote: Been trying forever all day to get this via Live Chat... I assumed the deal was dead, going to try again now. Thank you.
Got connected on the first try, on live chat within a minute around 1pm - had the whole thing setup in 15min tops.
Newbie
Aug 19, 2008
9 posts
1 upvote
got the black friday deal 150 MBPS for $37, plus $150 prepaid mastercard, no installation, No modem rental fee, modem will be mailed (they suppose to email me a tracking number once the modem is shipped), all this over the phone call to fido Internet department.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 1, 2018
36 posts
138 upvotes
GTA Online
Got the deal, though Rep said both are valid, the $150 GC is "While Supplies Last". At the time of signing up the card was available so we'll see. Either way, $37.50 for 150M is cheaper and faster than the $69 I'm paying TekSavvy for 75M.
So this is a sig, eh? 😕
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2009
834 posts
281 upvotes
crazyqqq wrote: I signed up for the internet during the Black Friday week last year. I called in to get this deal. But they told me that I can get neither the 150 GC nor 50% as an existing customer. It's for new activation only. But what they can do is to add a second line in my account then cancel the first one. In this way, I will be able to take advantage of this offer. But I will have to get a new modem and return the old one through purolator with a pre-print label.

So for existing customers, you don't have to cancel your service first before signing up for the new one.
Thank you for the info.

So what is the protocol here?

wait for new modem to arrive → pull the old one → plug new one in → wait for new modem to be provisioned = new ip address → take the old modem back to Fido store and cancel old account there (assuming it came from said store originally a year prior)? And... all done?
Newbie
Oct 28, 2017
60 posts
5 upvotes
ThisIsMyDesiredUsername wrote: Got the deal, though Rep said both are valid, the $150 GC is "While Supplies Last". At the time of signing up the card was available so we'll see. Either way, $37.50 for 150M is cheaper and faster than the $69 I'm paying TekSavvy for 75M.
But teksavvy just published an article about why not to go with Virgin or Fido for internet. They also made it explicit that they are not suggesting us to go with teksavvy but should definitely consider individual ISP to help out small biz.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 1, 2018
36 posts
138 upvotes
GTA Online
steam04 wrote: But teksavvy just published an article about why not to go with Virgin or Fido for internet. They also made it explicit that they are not suggesting us to go with teksavvy but should definitely consider individual ISP to help out small biz.
I'm all for helping smaller businesses, heck I bought a lot of my Christmas presents locally this year. But, at the same time myself and everyone is trying to save money right now with what's going on in the world. I called TekSavvy before switching and was offered 0 discounts. As much as I wanted to continue supporting TekSavvy after switching to them from Rogers, I simply cannot pay the prices for the speeds they offer.

That on top of the constant DNS issues I had with them and have complained about for the past year and change made it easy for me to switch to Fido. So far it's been a lot more reliable than TekSavvy.

Yes there is some bureaucratic bull with the CRTC regulating Internet service and what the small guys pay. But at the end of the day, consumers only want cheaper, reliable service and TekSavvy didn't fit this bill for me. Sorry.
So this is a sig, eh? 😕
Newbie
Nov 16, 2019
1 posts
I'm wondering if anyone has received the prepaid MC card.
Checked everywhere but didn't see when will Fido issue it.
Newbie
Mar 26, 2008
62 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
When I signed up the rep said it should take 4-6 weeks, following this thread to see if anyone else received theirs yet.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2137 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
lots of ppl who signed up directly with Fido already got $150 gift card invite email... even the ppl who signed up like 2 weeks ago...

so can anyone who got $150 gift card recently report back to us please????

Thank
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2009
834 posts
281 upvotes
spy cl wrote: lots of ppl who signed up directly with Fido already got $150 gift card invite email... even the ppl who signed up like 2 weeks ago...

so can anyone who got $150 gift card recently report back to us please????

Thank
Signed up Dec 10, just finalized my digital wallet at prepaiddigitalsolutions.com account, requested physical card.
Should be home by the end of Jan (7-8 days shipping time).
Card exp is Jan 31, 2022
It's a Mastercard
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2137 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
FastFret wrote: Signed up Dec 10, just finalized my digital wallet at prepaiddigitalsolutions.com account, requested physical card.
Should be home by the end of Jan (7-8 days shipping time).
Card exp is Jan 31, 2022
It's a Mastercard
You signed up at Walmart, right ? Just want to make sure!
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2009
834 posts
281 upvotes
spy cl wrote: You signed up at Walmart, right ? Just want to make sure!
No, I signed up via phone call.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2137 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
no more waiting for me, just took 5 minutes to file CCTS complaint.. don't want to waste my time to contact Fido and get round a round.

btw, I've waited 8 full weeks, signed up on Nov 26.

Top