Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 7GB FOR $45/mo- + $0 iPhone 6s +a New Line !!HOT!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 10:22 am
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13566 posts
3776 upvotes
VANCOUVER
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Also because this deal is for new customers too. The other one is for existing customers only, hence quite a few “unable to get the deal” downvotes since the title doesn’t mention that little tidbit.
I thought this deal is also for existing customer...you have to add a line to an existing account.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2488 posts
1811 upvotes
Prince George
Rogido wrote: I thought this deal is also for existing customer...you have to add a line to an existing account.
Maybe... I was just going by what it says in the OP: “This is for new and existing customers”. I didn’t look into the details because the Rogers network coverage isn’t as good in my area, so it doesn’t matter how cheap it is.
Oct 22, 2019
11 posts
6 upvotes
Hmm.... currently with Virgin 6gb/$40. Would switching to this be better?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13566 posts
3776 upvotes
VANCOUVER
bananatea wrote: Hmm.... currently with Virgin 6gb/$40. Would switching to this be better?
Not unless you really need a phone and would be happy with the 6S. In 12 months this will cost $50/month. Mind you, your Virgin plan will go to $45 sooner or later.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2343 posts
562 upvotes
iphones are all sold out
closest thing is the moto g7 play for $5 a month
they will not reduce this any further, i tried...
or you could pick the flip fone for $3.xx instead?
no free fones at the moment
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Feb 12, 2013
5 posts
2 upvotes
rversed wrote: Anyone who has done their homework: is this basically the best deal out there right now?

I’m also a health care employee in Alberta but the prices are a bit outside my price range ($75+).

I’m currently with Zoomer, 5 lines total. Everyone in the plan has 3-4GB at least and are between $35-$40.
This sounds like a good deal. I'm trying to decide between this and Zoomer 5GB plan as I don't use much data.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13566 posts
3776 upvotes
VANCOUVER
redkid wrote: iphones are all sold out
closest thing is the moto g7 play for $5 a month
they will not reduce this any further, i tried...
or you could pick the flip fone for $3.xx instead?
no free fones at the moment
Actually they had raised the price of the Iphone 6S to $5 even before it was out of stock.
Apr 23, 2003
502 posts
250 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sonnyw wrote: My wife just got $40 per month for 6GB, unlimited talk and text with zoomerwireless. BYOD and no contract and no additional fees.

My two daughters got $36 per month for 5GB, 800 talk minutes, unlimited text. Again, BYOD and no contract and no additional fees
Don't forget the $100 activation credit and $50 referrals :)
Apr 30, 2018
53 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
Imo this is not a deal. It required to adding a line for the full 7gb. Otherwise it's 5gb. Which isn't bad, but it's not "HOT".

Also, being locked into a 6s for two years doesn't sounds good. It would better if BYOD for the freedom of switching
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5357 posts
3248 upvotes
M-Arkham
DennisA83876 wrote: Imo this is not a deal. It required to adding a line for the full 7gb. Otherwise it's 5gb. Which isn't bad, but it's not "HOT".

Also, being locked into a 6s for two years doesn't sounds good. It would better if BYOD for the freedom of switching
There was another promo floating around that gives u an extra $5 off per month for 12 month, with no devices attached, effectively making this a $40 byod plan for 12 month. I switched one of my zoomer line(term expired) over to that for now before most likely switching back to zoomer on a different acct, but will wait til after summer is over since I got a feeling data usage will go up for a bit on that line.
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Aug 1, 2016
266 posts
417 upvotes
DennisA83876 wrote: Imo this is not a deal. It required to adding a line for the full 7gb. Otherwise it's 5gb. Which isn't bad, but it's not "HOT".

I've been shopping around for some phone plans for a few of my family members who are looking to upgrade. Everything right now is so god damn underwhelming its not even funny. We're halfway through 2020 and our plans here in Ontario make us seem like we're living in some third rate country. Scratch that even back home (a poor country) they have way better plans than us.

I'm on Koodo's PM migration plan where I got 8GB for $40 a month. That was back in mid 2018. You would think that after 2 years with how much advanced tech has become, and so many services embracing the ecommerce era we would have had much better plans by now or that those kinds of plans would have been the norm at the very least. But nope, instead all I see are plans that are offer much poorer value or you have to jump through a crap ton of hoops in order to get something decent. EFF the RoBeLus, just goes to show you how much we're being shafted here.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13566 posts
3776 upvotes
VANCOUVER
DannyH17 wrote: I've been shopping around for some phone plans for a few of my family members who are looking to upgrade. Everything right now is so god damn underwhelming its not even funny. We're halfway through 2020 and our plans here in Ontario make us seem like we're living in some third rate country. Scratch that even back home (a poor country) they have way better plans than us.

I'm on Koodo's PM migration plan where I got 8GB for $40 a month. That was back in mid 2018. You would think that after 2 years with how much advanced tech has become, and so many services embracing the ecommerce era we would have had much better plans by now or that those kinds of plans would have been the norm at the very least. But nope, instead all I see are plans that are offer much poorer value or you have to jump through a crap ton of hoops in order to get something decent. EFF the RoBeLus, just goes to show you how much we're being shafted here.
I agree. Plan and phone deals are scarce. I think the telcos are taking advantage of Covid...they know people now depend on their phones more than ever. So they know they can throw us scraps and we have to choice.
Dec 21, 2009
691 posts
264 upvotes
Vancouver
Rogido wrote: I agree. Plan and phone deals are scarce. I think the telcos are taking advantage of Covid...they know people now depend on their phones more than ever. So they know they can throw us scraps and we have to choice.
Covid is making people use way less data. Wifi at home is free and fast. I think I'm down to about 1gb a month now. And I go out everyday.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13092 posts
3558 upvotes
RFD
Hey if anyone who gets their iPhone 6S and wants to sell it for a cheap quick sale, please let me know by PM.