Hot Deals

[Fido] 9GB Data + Unlimited Talk/Text for $50/mth (and $120 credit + 2GB Data Bonus for adding a line YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 6:44 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3569 posts
899 upvotes
Home

[Fido] 9GB Data + Unlimited Talk/Text for $50/mth (and $120 credit + 2GB Data Bonus for adding a line YMMV)

Most people probably already know and there are already threads for Koodo and Virgin.

I also came across this promotion at Fido, and wanted to try adding a line on my Fido home internet account.
There was an error, suggesting to 'contact Fido' if I want to add a mobile line.

So I called and spoke to this agent, and after a long conversation and process, in the end I have the below information or set up:
1. $50/month for 9GB + unlimited talk and text, and -$10 bill credit for first 12 months. She did confirm this is before tax, so it is $40+tax.
2. Because I was not able to do it myself online, she waived $40 connection fee.
3. I was confirmed this plan and bonus data will stay as long as I keep the same plan.
4. I also saw an offer in my account 'Add a line and receive $5 off for 24 months AND 2GB bonus'.
She said I already get $10 off for 12 months (See #1 above), but she can't do anything about 2GB bonus mentioned in this offer, as this offer itself is for a 2nd line. So, no 2GB bonus.
She also said that, if I want to add a line, next week for example, I will get this offer for that line.
Last edited by terry0703 on Aug 22nd, 2020 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
298 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3179 posts
3158 upvotes
Oakville
where r u located OP?
-ZdpZ... ;)
Nov 20, 2015
75 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Who's eligible for the $10 credit? Everyone? Or just Fido home internet customers
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1288 posts
300 upvotes
This is dumb. I have 15gb with Fido for $65/month no contract, but they won’t give me this plan because it’s only for new accounts.

I should just leave. I don’t want to pay more than $50/month and I only use 6 or 7 GB a month anyway..
Last edited by broc on Aug 21st, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3569 posts
899 upvotes
Home
jcharch wrote: Who's eligible for the $10 credit? Everyone?
Didn't ask that.
However, what took long for me was that she had to create a brand-new account for mobile line, and merge my existing home internet account into that.
Before the merge, she offered the credit from her side first, I didn't even mention or ask for anything. So my assumption was that it's probably there for new customers.

If others try and confirm otherwise, I will change the subject and my posting to add 'YMMV'.
Jun 3, 2016
239 posts
124 upvotes
Ajax Ont.
It's the bonus 5GB one time thing or monthly?
With time, everything will go on sale...
Oct 19, 2019
319 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Jaegerjaque wrote: It's the bonus 5GB one time thing or monthly?
What do you mean "one time thing". Of course it is monthly and will stay as long as you keep the plan.
Nov 26, 2019
13 posts
6 upvotes
Saw this promo as well, and was able to get it by adding a line. I never got offered a $10 credit like you did though.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1096 posts
2186 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
broc wrote: This is dumb. I have 15gb with Fido for $65/month no contract, but they won’t give me this plan because it’s only for new accounts.

I should just leave. I don’t want to pay more than $50/month and I only use 6 or 7 GB a month anyway..

Add a new line Like OP did so you at least have the plan under your account, port out your old number to another carrier (prepaid) and then port it back to Fido onto the new line you created. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know it’s dumb but it’s what you need to do to get what you want from these cartel telecom incumbents in Canada.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
May 24, 2017
623 posts
424 upvotes
GTA
broc wrote: This is dumb. I have 15gb with Fido for $65/month no contract, but they won’t give me this plan because it’s only for new accounts.

You should leave.... Go to Koodo or Virgin, then wait for a win back call! Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 11, 2013
672 posts
615 upvotes
Calgary
Paulie1RFD wrote: You should leave.... Go to Koodo or Virgin, then wait for a win back call! Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
+1
I’m porting over to virgin and keeping my fingers crossed for a sweet winback deal
Oct 21, 2009
731 posts
650 upvotes
Haha everyone is playing switch to another provider just to get this deal. It would've been less hassle if telecoms were not such huge scumbags and gave it to their existing customers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3569 posts
899 upvotes
Home
jshutchinson3038 wrote: You should edit to say it’s add a line (?).
I didn't think it was for adding a line.
She offered me first, and it was way before she even started looking at my home internet account to merge.
So, the offer was available when she created a brand-new account for me, and there was only this one mobile phone line in that account.

However, it does look like it's YMMV, so I edited to add YMMV.