Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

9GB Data + Unlimited Talk/Text for $50/mth (and $120 credit + 2GB Data Bonus for adding a line YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 6:44 am
Sep 6, 2017
166 posts
57 upvotes
Just grabbed the $50/9GB through live chat, didn't ask about the credits as I forgot lol, but it doesn't matter, I was only doing 1 line.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1080 posts
542 upvotes
GVRD
thebigbully wrote: Is this deal still alive? Can anyone confirm?
I just checked my Fido account, and they do still have 2GB/-$5 offer is still there on top of 9GB/$50 plan (for add-on line). If you already have an account with Fido, you can activate a new line with this promo.
Apr 4, 2019
24 posts
23 upvotes
Hi,
I am currently with Fido and have a device which will be paid off in December 2021. When I chatted with Fido, they said if they move me to the $50 9GB plan, they have to charge the outstanding balance on the device before moving me. Is this standard practice? I will be staying with Fido and using the device I got from them last dec.

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light.
Nov 6, 2011
706 posts
377 upvotes
Calgary
camper123 wrote: Hi,
I am currently with Fido and have a device which will be paid off in December 2021. When I chatted with Fido, they said if they move me to the $50 9GB plan, they have to charge the outstanding balance on the device before moving me. Is this standard practice? I will be staying with Fido and using the device I got from them last dec.

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light.
Yes, pretty standard. I just finished paying my final $120 so that I can from a $67.50 plan to this $45 ($22.5 less) but they also had sign up credits which took care of it.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1048 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto
If you recently signed up for Fido, make sure to check Fido Xtra in the Fido App to collect your Freebie! I chose the $5 Esso giftcard, you can also select $5 from Cineplex or a free original burger from Harvey's. You can collect one freebie for each new line at Fido!
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
silverferrari wrote: If you recently signed up for Fido, make sure to check Fido Xtra in the Fido App to collect your Freebie! I chose the $5 Esso giftcard, you can also select $5 from Cineplex or a free original burger from Harvey's. You can collect one freebie for each new line at Fido!
can confirm, I got this on all my new lines
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
silverferrari wrote: If you recently signed up for Fido, make sure to check Fido Xtra in the Fido App to collect your Freebie! I chose the $5 Esso giftcard, you can also select $5 from Cineplex or a free original burger from Harvey's. You can collect one freebie for each new line at Fido!
strange! I signed up with fido and added a line and don't see anything free.....other than harveys frings/weightgain
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1048 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto
pererac wrote: strange! I signed up with fido and added a line and don't see anything free.....other than harveys frings/weightgain
I didn’t see it at first after I signed up last week, maybe it takes a few days for their system to reflect the freebie offer?
Dec 27, 2017
318 posts
278 upvotes
Eternith wrote: I switched from Koodo to Fido today at Wireless Wave in Metrotown Burnaby. They were able to get me $45/11GB on a new activation, no second line needed. Other third-party shops said it can only be added to a second line, but somehow they were able to do it on primary. Told me only they can do it because they were competing with Shaw Mobile which was across from them. The promotion ends this weekend.

It shows as $50/11GB online, but the paperwork I was given shows $5 discount for 24 months.

I also switched from Koodo to Fido $ 45 11GB plan at Wireless Wave in Metrotown today. Plan details

$45 (24 months) after which it switches to $ 50
9 GB + 2 GB Bonus (bonus remains forever, i.e. after 24 months it will be $ 50/11GB)
1000 International calling minutes to Australia, Bangladesh, China (includes HK, Taiwan, Macau), Germany, India, Italy, Mexico and UK
Jul 19, 2015
27 posts
19 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Wow, I just signed up online for the $50 9Gb deal. Looks like I'm heading to Metrotown tomorrow to get a better deal!

I'm switching over from Freedom Mobile. I called Freedom retention today and they offered me a $50 15Gb deal... which is what new customers can get right now on the Freedom website. I'd rather get less data but better signal/coverage from Fido. If Fido doesn't work out, I can just go back to Freedom with their new customer offer. I really don't get why their "retention plans" are the same as new customer plans.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10991 posts
13540 upvotes
dumplingz wrote: Wow, I just signed up online for the $50 9Gb deal. Looks like I'm heading to Metrotown tomorrow to get a better deal!

I'm switching over from Freedom Mobile. I called Freedom retention today and they offered me a $50 15Gb deal... which is what new customers can get right now on the Freedom website. I'd rather get less data but better signal/coverage from Fido. If Fido doesn't work out, I can just go back to Freedom with their new customer offer. I really don't get why their "retention plans" are the same as new customer plans.
mobile-shop-fido-34-month-11gb-2nd-line ... #p33091397
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
Has anyone successfully got this on an existing line?

Thanks.
Sep 6, 2010
235 posts
395 upvotes
Mars
Fido is the worst. I am on the 15gb for $65 plan but they won't let me switch to this cheaper one. I hate all these phone companies. All big scam artists. Its like they all get together and discuss the plans before the release it to the public.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
I really don't get those companies always give best deal to new customer but not willing to give them to exist customer. It lead to customer moving to another provider, then you offer win back offer.

Why don't you just let existing customers have new plan too? Are they banking on people don't want the trouble to leave?

Unlike 20 years ago you have to change number when you leave a provider. Now a day you can port the number, so is actually not that difficult.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Sep 23, 2020
448 posts
114 upvotes
Same issue, has anyone any luck getting the $50/9GB on existing line?
I have three lines with Fido
First one accepted a phone for $5/month with 12 months left, so they won't give me anything
Second one is $50/9GB
Third is $60/10GB
They won't switch my third to match $50/9GB unless HUP
Is there a difference between using online live chat vs phone call
What can I say to them to match my third to $50/9Gb
I rather not go through porting out/in because I have never done it
Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
Lvxios wrote: Same issue, has anyone any luck getting the $50/9GB on existing line?
I have three lines with Fido
First one accepted a phone for $5/month with 12 months left, so they won't give me anything
Second one is $50/9GB
Third is $60/10GB
They won't switch my third to match $50/9GB unless HUP
Is there a difference between using online live chat vs phone call
What can I say to them to match my third to $50/9Gb
I rather not go through porting out/in because I have never done it
Thanks!
If fido not budging, go to Koodo corporate store and get this deal... Its not just for Freedom customers.

koodo-hot-koodo-39-9gb-35-11gb-add-line-ymmv-2404250/
Dec 16, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
I'm on a 2-year phone contract with FIdo but was able to get this deal via live chat.
The first rep that I talked to on the phone was not helpful so I just gave it a try again through live chat.
I recommend using live chat. It's just so much easier to negotiate as you don't have to worry about coming across as pushy or aggressive.
The rep initially tried not to give me the 50$/9GB plan, saying I'm already an existing customer and offering $55/6GB instead.
I just kindly asked him if there was any way for him to help me get the deal. He made an exception for me and changed my plan.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
DealHunterRFD wrote: Fido is the worst. I am on the 15gb for $65 plan but they won't let me switch to this cheaper one. I hate all these phone companies. All big scam artists. Its like they all get together and discuss the plans before the release it to the public.
If Fido is the worst why are you trying to switch to another plan with the worst company? Why are not switching the companies?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
cheapshopper wrote: Why don't you just let existing customers have new plan too? Are they banking on people don't want the trouble to leave?
Yup, nailed it.
Jun 5, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
Balduno wrote: Has anyone successfully got this on an existing line?

Thanks.
Was able to get it on an existing line. I had $60 for 15GB plan. I now have $50 got 9 GB + unlimited talk/text + 1000 long distance minutes added on for $0 for 24 months