Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] 9GB Data + Unlimited Talk/Text for $50/mth (and $120 credit + 2GB Data Bonus for adding a line YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 6:44 am
Newbie
Jan 13, 2017
66 posts
11 upvotes
Im currently with koodo $48 5gb SK plan in Ontario
Would you guys recommend switching to fido? Is the service better/same compared to Koodo?
Last edited by ilostmyid on Sep 28th, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2019
983 posts
958 upvotes
ilostmyid wrote: Im currently with koodo $48 5gb SK plan in Ontario
Would you guys remember switching to fido? Is the service better/same compared to Koodo?
Isn't Koodo offering the same plan? You're probably good with either provider, especially if you're in the GTA.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
3886 posts
728 upvotes
Newbury, ON
I was going to jump on this from rogers ($67/month ignite 'deal') but noticed one thing missing. rogers has name display but not usa texting. fido has usa texting but not name display in the package. annoying.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
3762 posts
1045 upvotes
rilles wrote: I was going to jump on this from rogers ($67/month ignite 'deal') but noticed one thing missing. rogers has name display but not usa texting. fido has usa texting but not name display in the package. annoying.
Koodo doesn't advertise it, but they have name display on incoming calls - which I didn't realize I valued until I switched to Fido and didn't have it. But your name doesn't show up on outgoing calls. Might still be an option for you.
Jr. Member
Sep 24, 2017
117 posts
47 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Hi I ported my number from Freedom to Fido yesterday with 50$ plan (11$ off) and got a S10 as well. Am now thinking to switch from Fido to Koodo. Is it possible to switch the plan now to Kooda without any penalty?
Newbie
Nov 27, 2010
24 posts
3 upvotes
CorSter wrote: Koodo doesn't advertise it, but they have name display on incoming calls - which I didn't realize I valued until I switched to Fido and didn't have it. But your name doesn't show up on outgoing calls. Might still be an option for you.
I just got on this plan and I confirmed with the rep about caller display. This is the plan details. It does mention caller display and from what I can gather caller display and name display are the same.

FULL PLAN DETAILS

Data: 9GB
Talk: Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes
Text: Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to U.S. & Intl Mobile Numbers

Data Overage Protection. Data is paused once you hit your plan’s limit. To use more data, you can buy data top-ups.
Call Waiting
Conference Calling
4 GB
Call Display
Voicemail
Sr. Member
Sep 24, 2013
895 posts
600 upvotes
Ontario
rilles wrote: I was going to jump on this from rogers ($67/month ignite 'deal') but noticed one thing missing. rogers has name display but not usa texting. fido has usa texting but not name display in the package. annoying.
I'm with Fido and I have name display. It's included in Post Paid Accounts
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
3886 posts
728 upvotes
Newbury, ON
buddshek wrote: I'm with Fido and I have name display. It's included in Post Paid Accounts
The website lists "call display" as part of the $50 package, then as part of a $7 add on it lists "name display".
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
3762 posts
1045 upvotes
buddshek wrote: I'm with Fido and I have name display. It's included in Post Paid Accounts
Used to be, now it's only part of the $7 bundle unfortunately
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
3886 posts
728 upvotes
Newbury, ON
I like to filter my calls, so name display is important... anyone else with a $50/9GB koodo deal that can confirm call and name display both are displayed?

I almost signed up with Fido, at the credit check it wanted a drivers license or password or SIN. A ran off to get my DL and after entering all the info... it said it failed due to timeout. So don't linger if you want to sign up.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
3886 posts
728 upvotes
Newbury, ON
rilles wrote: I like to filter my calls, so name display is important... anyone else with a $50/9GB koodo deal that can confirm call and name display both are displayed?

I almost signed up with Fido, at the credit check it wanted a drivers license or password or SIN. A ran off to get my DL and after entering all the info... it said it failed due to timeout. So don't linger if you want to sign up.
Found an old thread on RFD - koodo does have both, Fido has then separate.
I tried to sign up with fido, but their credit check system kept failing with an "unknown error" today and yesterday. Well... I went to Koodo for essentially the same deal and everything worked.
Member
Jul 1, 2009
298 posts
20 upvotes
GTA
I flip-flopped my accounts and will save a decent amount - thanks OP.

now i wonder how much credit impact will this have for flip flopping 4 accounts and going through 8 credit checks :|

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)