• Sep 2nd, 2021 1:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2541 posts
3511 upvotes
St Clements, MB

[Fido] Back to School $20/mo Add-a-line Talk and Text Plan

Existing Fido customers can add an additional Talk and Text line for $20/month for 24 months ($25/month thereafter). Plan number (for Manitoba): LTOM0122S

Eligible phones include the Moto E or a flip phone. Yesterday a Moto G Stylus was eligible and fully discounted.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210831-120318_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by cslusarc on Aug 31st, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1637 posts
3108 upvotes
Vancouver
This seems really cold. You can get the $13 (reduces further by $1/year) plan from Public Mobile and add out-going (non-expiring) 500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes for $5
Sep 13, 2019
294 posts
457 upvotes
Quebec
soymilkslam wrote: This seems really cold. You can get the $13 (reduces further by $1/year) plan from Public Mobile and add out-going (non-expiring) 500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes for $5
OP plan is probably an unlimited call. Regardless, you can get $23 ($25- $2 with autopay) and -$1 per year for unlimited text & call + 1GB data.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6677 posts
4242 upvotes
Toronto
$99/yr ($8.25/month) unlimited talk/text from freedom if you can tolerate their service.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1100 posts
2430 upvotes
Fredericton
soymilkslam wrote: This seems really cold. You can get the $13 (reduces further by $1/year) plan from Public Mobile and add out-going (non-expiring) 500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes for $5
peteryorkuca wrote: $99/yr ($8.25/month) unlimited talk/text from freedom if you can tolerate their service.
Not everyone in the country lives in a service area covered by these smaller players.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1637 posts
3108 upvotes
Vancouver
life359 wrote: Not everyone in the country lives in a service area covered by these smaller players.
Small? They are powered by Telus.

If you get Telus reception, you have Public Mobile
Nov 21, 2016
300 posts
457 upvotes
abbotsford
soymilkslam wrote: Small? They are powered by Telus.

It’s technically Telus towers, yes.

Except for some strange reason public mobile has historic and notorious reception and dropped-call issues. Google “public mobile dropped call” and look at the myriad of results that come up. Public mobile have themselves acknowledged the problems too, so it’s not like it’s any secret.

I’ve wanted to use public mobile for a basic calling phone, but I figured what’s the point if I’m in an emergency and it can’t do it’s 1 job that I need it for properly. Maybe it would be different if i wanted it for a phone with rare calls and mostly for texting and data. But that’s not me.
May 27, 2016
177 posts
140 upvotes
BC
gyggyg wrote: It’s technically Telus towers, yes.

Except for some strange reason public mobile has historic and notorious reception and dropped-call issues. Google “public mobile dropped call” and look at the myriad of results that come up. Public mobile have themselves acknowledged the problems too, so it’s not like it’s any secret.

I’ve wanted to use public mobile for a basic calling phone, but I figured what’s the point if I’m in an emergency and it can’t do it’s 1 job that I need it for properly. Maybe it would be different if i wanted it for a phone with rare calls and mostly for texting and data. But that’s not me.

Well, I've been on the grandfathered PM $10 plan for over 2 years now and I can't remember having a dropped call ever, let alone not being able to call when I had service. They've given me hundreds of free minutes and about 8 GB free data and I only pay $5 a month now. Maybe its a GVA problem as I know my wife had issues once in Chilliwack.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12158 posts
6011 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: Small? They are powered by Telus.

no freedom in manitoba and public mobile has issues in manitoba with there customers after towers were shut down so they suck now out here. Affects public mobile and prepaid koodo users only and there tech said theres no rush to figure the issue out they want users to switch to telus or koodo tabs.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2541 posts
3511 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Dear Friends,
Labour Day Weekend promotions have been loaded and the $20/month pricing has expired.