Expired Hot Deals

Fido

Back to School 2021 TABLET promotion (2 years = $5/month for 4gb PLUS Free ZTE tablet)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 10:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12032 posts
108855 upvotes
Ontario

[Fido] Back to School 2021 TABLET promotion (2 years = $5/month for 4gb PLUS Free ZTE tablet)

waived activation fee
waived sim card

BYOD = $10/month for 4 gb
2 year plus free zte tablet = $5/month for 4gb

ZTE is a China brand as well. ZTE has been booming since the Huawei ban.
If you don't like the brand, just sell it or don't use it.

NOTE: DO NOT CANCEL BEFORE THE 2 YEAR CONTRACT or YOU WILL BE CHARGE OF THE REMAINING MSRP
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
45 replies
Aug 18, 2007
393 posts
273 upvotes
Downvoter, care to explain what's wrong with that offer?
Banned
Apr 6, 2021
104 posts
44 upvotes
s12345 wrote: Downvoter, care to explain what's wrong with that offer?
I didn’t downvote but I think they don’t like it compared to last years deal where you would get a Samsung tablet with 4gb of data and that was completely free without a dime. I got 2 of them last year both tablets valued about around 500$ together and 1 tablet is actually paying me to get the service because I’m getting paid 5$ plus tax just to take a lightly used tablet plus a data plan and the other is just a free tablet and plan but it’s a premium one
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2019
1007 posts
2766 upvotes
s12345 wrote: Downvoter, care to explain what's wrong with that offer?
I didn't downvote either but where are the links to all of these telecom deals? How do we get the deal?
May 22, 2008
148 posts
136 upvotes
Is it in-store only? If so which stores? I don't see this promotion on fido.ca
Blarg
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12032 posts
108855 upvotes
Ontario
rmkbow wrote: Is it in-store only? If so which stores? I don't see this promotion on fido.ca
any fido stores. no multi carriers like WM or BB or TMS
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1593 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
This has been going on for a while :)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4913 posts
1031 upvotes
Please don't lock yourself in for 2 years for this trash tablet. Android tablets in general are trash. If you get a low end android tablet it will end up being a paper weight after 1 year.

If you really need a tablet stick with an iPad. An iPad will still be useful after 4 years.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4386 posts
4615 upvotes
bluetroll wrote: Please don't lock yourself in for 2 years for this trash tablet. Android tablets in general are trash. If you get a low end android tablet it will end up being a paper weight after 1 year.

If you really need a tablet stick with an iPad. An iPad will still be useful after 4 years.
Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4831 posts
4845 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Same tablet model for years, i wonder when they will bring out those landfill grade tablet
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Oct 18, 2007
619 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
I got this plan recently zte is a slow tablet for everything but basic surfing and netflix but is ok for my mother in law.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1115 posts
684 upvotes
Canada
Thayadino wrote: I didn’t downvote but I think they don’t like it compared to last years deal where you would get a Samsung tablet with 4gb of data and that was completely free without a dime. I got 2 of them last year both tablets valued about around 500$ together and 1 tablet is actually paying me to get the service because I’m getting paid 5$ plus tax just to take a lightly used tablet plus a data plan and the other is just a free tablet and plan but it’s a premium one
What samsung tablet was it?
Banned
Apr 6, 2021
104 posts
44 upvotes
Flames wrote: What samsung tablet was it?
Premium tablet was
Samsung tablet 8.4 2020 when I got it.
Other tablet I forgot since I gifted it Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Mar 17, 2016
329 posts
338 upvotes
bluetroll wrote: Please don't lock yourself in for 2 years for this trash tablet. Android tablets in general are trash. If you get a low end android tablet it will end up being a paper weight after 1 year.

It's $120 for two years of 4gb data. you can sell the tablet and get half that back. no one is getting this deal for the tablet. The deal has been ongoing in some form for years.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1832 posts
273 upvotes
I got 2 Samsung Tab A 2020 in Feb this year for $0 /2 years. This is not a deal at all.
POCO F3 8GB 256GB + Rogers Unlimited talk & text $15. 3 x Telus unlimited 25.$35 each. 3 x tablet lines $0. 3 x 200mins CAN-US L&R $0. 3 x Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text $0. 3 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m smartwatch plan
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1471 posts
2042 upvotes
Waterloo Region

toastbusters wrote: It's $120 for two years of 4gb data. you can sell the tablet and get half that back. no one is getting this deal for the tablet. The deal has been ongoing in some form for years.
There is only one reason folks go for this deal, the tablet is just a placeholder.
But seriously why do folks here on RFD like to throw the iPad into conversations about budget Android tablets? 90% of people who own these things only run YoutubeVanced on them, and that's something the iPad can't outdo them at
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2021
1162 posts
1096 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: waived activation fee
waived sim card

BYOD = $10/month for 4 gb
2 year plus free zte tablet = $5/month for 4gb

ZTE is a China brand as well. ZTE has been booming since the Huawei ban.
If you don't like the brand, just sell it or don't use it.

NOTE: DO NOT CANCEL BEFORE THE 2 YEAR CONTRACT or YOU WILL BE CHARGE OF THE REMAINING MSRP
Isn't this available for months now? I signed up for this beginning of August when they sent the email so that i could have a new account 2 years old and be assured I will be staying in the game. Anything special about this or no?
TV: $0 via IP (slingbox) | Cell: $5 4GB*6 = 24GB
Internet: $10 fibre 30mbps up/down unlimited | Home phone: $0 via VoIP (freephoneline)

Telecos monthly cost: $16.45 after tax
Jul 15, 2009
162 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
Could I use this in a cellphone for data? Isn't Fido cracking down on these plans?
Jul 10, 2019
175 posts
383 upvotes
Montreal
These tablet deals are great. I got two MediaPad t5 for 0$ and 4gbs data lines for 0$. Sold both on Kijiji.

Wouldn't ever recommend anyone actually using it. Not even reliable for YouTube vanced. Your kids will hate you lol!