Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Back to School 2021 TABLET promotion (2 years = $5/month for 4gb PLUS Free ZTE tablet)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 10:23 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4007 posts
2868 upvotes
Kitchener
fuzionx23 wrote: I got this plan recently zte is a slow tablet for everything but basic surfing and netflix but is ok for my mother in law.
You two must be close….
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
993 upvotes
GTA
leadersuper699 wrote: I got 2 Samsung Tab A 2020 in Feb this year for $0 /2 years. This is not a deal at all.

No one should be using these garbage tablets whether it’s the Samsung or this cheapo. The real deal is the data plan, you could easily sell either tablet for $120 and end up spending nothing for the 2 year plan.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1594 posts
2205 upvotes
its too weak, just get the iPlay 40 Pro. I have it and way better than ipad. Any Android tab ur gonna need minimum 6GB ram. This one has 8 so should be good for a bit longer. Its also dual sim

Don't even bother getting ipad they're terrible, I had one and they used the software to cripple the hardware and I was unable to use it anymore cause it was too slow, I think they even got sued. I also had no way to downgrade
https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-p ... es-2020-11
I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart
Oct 27, 2015
75 posts
147 upvotes
This one is weird because the way it works I think is that they still charge you $10 for the plan and $7.50 for the tablet per month. But then they give you $12.50 per month discount which essentially leaves an extra $5.00 that makes it seem like you get the data plan for $5 instead of $10. But I don’t think it is directly applied to the plan. It’s just an extra $5 off your bill before tax.

But keep in mind you still have to pay the taxes on the $7.50 for the tablet which is about 98 cents per month (almost a dollar) and I think, you would pay taxes on the $10 for the data plan not for $5 which is $1.30.
Dec 28, 2019
190 posts
112 upvotes
Is this for existing Fido customers only?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
5029 posts
4469 upvotes
bdl999 wrote: Is this for existing Fido customers only?
From the other thread it seems for Fido users only... Too bad... Could use some cheap data and free tablet
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5304 posts
7379 upvotes
Vancouver
BS

- There is no such plan as 'stand alone' deal... Requires Voice&Data line.

- Also Fido just started cutting off and changing standalone tablet (data only) plans in $15 250mb data plans for everyone without active Voice&Data line, so beware... (there is another thread on that..)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
5029 posts
4469 upvotes
max011 wrote: BS

- Also Fido just started cutting off and changing standalone tablet (data only) plans in $15 250mb data plans for everyone without active Voice&Data line, so beware... (there is another thread on that..)
Yup...
Jun 9, 2016
293 posts
268 upvotes
RSmith2 wrote: These tablet deals are great. I got two MediaPad t5 for 0$ and 4gbs data lines for 0$. Sold both on Kijiji.

Wouldn't ever recommend anyone actually using it. Not even reliable for YouTube vanced. Your kids will hate you lol!

I am wondering your sold the data line that under your name? Is that safe?
Feb 13, 2018
89 posts
69 upvotes
One thing I don't like about these tablet plans is it don't share with your phone plan. I'm with Rogers and I have a 18GB smartphone plan with a tablet line. I use the majority of my GB on my iPad pro so 4GB isn't enough and when I call them they said they only offer this plan for tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2018
5129 posts
1596 upvotes
does it matter?

Since last 14months to 18 months this deal is popular but I could never get it as no talk+text+data.
rejected 3 times. And in that period I renew my Internet twice. They still wont give it to me. Even at the store.
SO I would say $15 is cheap price to pay for 4GB data plan with free tablet.
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1477 posts
2047 upvotes
Waterloo Region

I cringe when I see people making absolute statements like these. We have 2 data-only lines, no emails, no cut-off. Maybe that will change in the future, let's wait and see.
Jan 26, 2020
220 posts
176 upvotes
I got free Samsung 8.4 and free 4 gb data + 20 fb $50 pal from Rogers. I am not sure where tablet is, but now I have 24 gb for $50..

Samsung tag is good built but screen lags and is slow
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1044 posts
400 upvotes
London
s12345 wrote: Downvoter, care to explain what's wrong with that offer?
Upvoted. It's a common manner here in the forum to downvote even if it is a good deal, but not hot or even warm. This deal has been here for a while and there is nothing new about it.
Jul 10, 2019
175 posts
383 upvotes
Montreal
l1197493 wrote: Don't even bother getting ipad they're terrible, I had one and they used the software to cripple the hardware and I was unable to use it anymore cause it was too slow, I think they even got sued. I also had no way to downgrade
https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-p ... es-2020-11
iPads easily last 5 years+ and get more consistent software updates/ optimization. More apps are natively designed for iPad. Plus fantastic resale value. Can’t see any tablet beating that. Android phones are better tho .
Oct 20, 2017
244 posts
734 upvotes
Canuckticut
AsianXL wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy
What are you laughing at? He's right! Clearly nothing wrong with comparing a 150$ Android tablet with a 900$ iPad! That guy is a definite genious for pointing this out.
Dec 4, 2005
306 posts
36 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SelfHighFive wrote: This one is weird because the way it works I think is that they still charge you $10 for the plan and $7.50 for the tablet per month. But then they give you $12.50 per month discount which essentially leaves an extra $5.00 that makes it seem like you get the data plan for $5 instead of $10. But I don’t think it is directly applied to the plan. It’s just an extra $5 off your bill before tax.

But keep in mind you still have to pay the taxes on the $7.50 for the tablet which is about 98 cents per month (almost a dollar) and I think, you would pay taxes on the $10 for the data plan not for $5 which is $1.30.
Images
  • 9FC88018-1CF7-4227-87B1-7FBCE8C03275.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5304 posts
7379 upvotes
Vancouver
Gangsta101 wrote: I cringe when I see people making absolute statements like these. We have 2 data-only lines, no emails, no cut-off. Maybe that will change in the future, let's wait and see.
You can cringe all you want, but, as I said, there is no legit way to obtain this plan as a stand-alone deal (without required Voice&Data plan). Period. So this post is deceiving.

If you going to lose your old-time data only plans without required Voice&Data line remains to be seen, however there are a lot of people who already received emails telling them so. Fact that you did not receive such an email (yet) does not make it a rule or a ground to advice others.

There is a thread with much more info on that here:

fido-4gb-lte-data-plan-10-byod-no-contr ... 78212/422/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9095 posts
5059 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Isn't this deal on going? I was waiting to get the recertified t5 but it never came.
Also it is impossible to cancel the plan after you get it because each time you tried to cancel they offer you 1 or 2 years free. You will ended up having more and more data line.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile