Hot Deals

[Fido] BC/AB - Fido Winback $45 25GB (+5gb) + bonus offer -- YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 2:18 am
Feb 25, 2018
293 posts
217 upvotes
can i create a burner number/line with fido, then port to freedom afterwards calll fido for the winback $35/25gb. Then port my 'real' number to fido?

I'm just signed up for the koodo $39/9gb yesterday and don't want to lose it if fido won't give me the $35/25gb
Oct 9, 2013
325 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
Fathamsta wrote: can i create a burner number/line with fido, then port to freedom afterwards calll fido for the winback $35/25gb. Then port my 'real' number to fido?

I'm just signed up for the koodo $39/9gb yesterday and don't want to lose it if fido won't give me the $35/25gb
How do.u get a burner number isn't there any activation charge for that ??
Feb 25, 2018
293 posts
217 upvotes
amb0171 wrote: How do.u get a burner number isn't there any activation charge for that ??
Not burner but a temp line I don't intend to use, aka a new #

I think I might get hit with activation unless I can get that waived.
Jun 17, 2007
230 posts
83 upvotes
Sept 22 - Ported out to Freedom
Sept 23 - Morning got email saying a Fido Ambassador will be calling me in the next few days
Sept 25 - Called into Winback number, but they don't have my number listed as having any Winback offers.

Should I sit tight? Did all of you who called into Fido get confirmed that your number has a targeted offer before they gave you the $45/25GB deal?
Feb 20, 2017
119 posts
249 upvotes
What's the cheapest+easiest way to port fido to freedom right now?
Aug 9, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Ashock wrote: Sept 22 - Ported out to Freedom
Sept 23 - Morning got email saying a Fido Ambassador will be calling me in the next few days
Sept 25 - Called into Winback number, but they don't have my number listed as having any Winback offers.

Should I sit tight? Did all of you who called into Fido get confirmed that your number has a targeted offer before they gave you the $45/25GB deal?
I received an email on Monday morning, called in the afternoon and they said that my number wasn’t in the system even though my sister’s (who moved at the same time as me) was in the system. I called them 4 times on Tuesday and the last agent talked to his supervisor and let me have the plan even though I wasn’t in the system.
Aug 27, 2007
8 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
In Vancouver. Previously on the $50 for 15 GB plan.

Sept 24: Ported to Freedom around 5PM Pacific Time
Sept 25: Got a call around noon from an unknown number.

Fido rep asked why I left. I advised Shaw has a $45 for 25 GB plan. She immediately offered up $35 for 25GB. No haggling or pushback. Also got my wife on this plan as well.

My friend called winback right after me and was first offered $5 off, but eventually got the $10 after asking again.

Thanks for the tip OP
Apr 29, 2020
31 posts
9 upvotes
BluePeeps wrote: In Vancouver. Previously on the $50 for 15 GB plan.

Sept 24: Ported to Freedom around 5PM Pacific Time
Sept 25: Got a call around noon from an unknown number.

Fido rep asked why I left. I advised Shaw has a $45 for 25 GB plan. She immediately offered up $35 for 25GB. No haggling or pushback. Also got my wife on this plan as well.

My friend called winback right after me and was first offered $5 off, but eventually got the $10 after asking again.

Thanks for the tip OP
What number did your friend call? I just tried 844-836-5948 and they said they couldnt offer me anything to match $45 for 25gb...
Aug 27, 2007
8 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
ilovesushi12 wrote: What number did your friend call? I just tried 844-836-5948 and they said they couldnt offer me anything to match $45 for 25gb...
1-855-343-6946
Dec 11, 2012
248 posts
110 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I switched two numbers to Freedom prepaid, then same day got an email from Fido, day after I called them and told them about the email and they right away offered me $45/25gb byop, but then he said if I do 2-years contract, he can do $35/25gb per line and said why not.

I did ask for my other two Fido lines still with Fido and he said he cannot do anything as they are still with Fido. I called 1-844-836-5948. Also I couldn't re-use my simcards and he had to send me new ones, not sure why.
Nov 26, 2019
28 posts
15 upvotes
Damn, looks like it's super easy to get the $10 off, I should've pushed harder.
Oct 9, 2013
325 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
LukeDoky wrote: Damn, looks like it's super easy to get the $10 off, I should've pushed harder.
Did u ask 1000 ld mins..
Nov 26, 2019
28 posts
15 upvotes
Oh, did not know there is 1000 LD mins. Man, I feel like I missed so many things.
Nov 19, 2015
40 posts
39 upvotes
White Rock, BC
iN10Se wrote: Why wouldn't you be able to do a triangle swap on the line? I intend to do a number swap between lines.... hoping this works.

I do not know, I called Fido today to do a triangle swap and they denied me, googling it aswell confirms Fido doesnt triangle swap, it’s really bizarre, Because I did this for my brother last year on ROGERS and they did a triangle swap for me, but Fido will not. I’m going to port my existing line out, then see if I can port it back in using in the plan I got lol, if that doesn’t work I’ll just call in for the winback again hope I get it. If not I’ll just use the new number, port my old number back to Fido, Cancle it, wait 3 months and get my old number back, as it they don’t release it for 3 months
Nov 11, 2013
742 posts
742 upvotes
Calgary
Well this was unexpected, my new iPhone came with bonus urbeats 3 headphones. Must be a unadvertised Fido promo.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)