Hot Deals

[Fido] BC/AB - Fido Winback $45 25GB (+5gb) + bonus offer -- YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 4:56 pm
Nov 27, 2014
237 posts
197 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Jaylay14 wrote: What phone are you currently using with Shaw Mobile?
Iphone 11 Pro Max and my wife an iPhone XS Max. Both our lines with Shaw have been terrible...
Oct 9, 2013
321 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
globalstar66 wrote: I called Fido today to ask them about Winback, but they checked and said my 2 numbers that I ported (I moved 2 to Shaw and kept 4 at Fido) were not in their system. And that it COULD still be added, but she could say for sure. I just cannot be with Shaw another day, as my day today was a misery with all the issues.... Grinning FaceGrinning Face
So u r saying the winback team.cannt apply the promotion as u only moved 2 lines... ..??
Nov 27, 2014
237 posts
197 upvotes
Calgary, AB
rajat001 wrote: So u r saying the winback team.cannt apply the promotion as u only moved 2 lines... ..??
No, I said because I only moved my lines 2 DAYS ago, they cannot yet find my number in their system. No number, no winback deal...
Jan 21, 2018
223 posts
57 upvotes
syncmaster wrote: Hello

For B.C./AB people formerly on Fido, as a competitive answer to Shaw mobile, there is now a $45 25GB plan.

I'm from Vancouver

(sept 5) port out from fido to competitor (Freedom)
(sept 7) received email from fido ambassador of a an exclusive offer which can only be discussed on phone...
(sept 10) received a call today from fido winback

mention i have port to shaw mobile $45 - 25gb, came back few minutes with the plan match!
** rep then offer $5 credit for 24 month! (starting at 2 - 3 billing cycle)
$40 activation charge will be waived (at 2 - 3 billing cycle)

The other thing is the $200 hardware credit (I didn’t need it) which is another cherry on top.
*must decided the phone during activation

sim card will be mail in

currently waiting for account to be update so no screenshot

Good luck. YMMV.
Hi OP! I tried asking for the $5 credit and they said it’s only if I got a hardware upgrade. Is that the same with you? Did you get a hardware upgrade too?

Also they only can offer me $50 15gb deal :( gonna try to call back to get $45/25gb!
Aug 21, 2019
50 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
question, do you have to use Shaw internet before you can apply for Shaw Mobile?

i am currently with Telus
Jun 26, 2009
111 posts
110 upvotes
If anyone was wondering, no the reps can't push the deal to Ontario. Rep said it only applies to certain provinces and can't put an Ontario number to it.

Overall, got through to the line right away, and took 10mins of my time. Didn't hurt to ask.
Aug 21, 2019
50 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
justlooking90 wrote: Hi OP! I tried asking for the $5 credit and they said it’s only if I got a hardware upgrade. Is that the same with you? Did you get a hardware upgrade too?

Also they only can offer me $50 15gb deal :( gonna try to call back to get $45/25gb!
when you got the offer for $50/15GB did you already port out to another provider?
i just went through a 30min chat with live-chat and the guy would not offer me anything.
i am currently on $60/10GB plan.

thanks!
Jan 21, 2018
223 posts
57 upvotes
Overmydeadbody wrote: when you got the offer for $50/15GB did you already port out to another provider?
i just went through a 30min chat with live-chat and the guy would not offer me anything.
i am currently on $60/10GB plan.

thanks!
Yup I’m already ported out to Koodo. I read somewhere that they are only gonna offer you a deal based on the $ you’re currently paying per month. Is your current phone plan $60?

Not sure if the $50/9gb is still around but you may want to port out and try again.
Feb 23, 2007
88 posts
36 upvotes
GVA
Ported out to Shaw Mobile on Sunday morning, got a Winback Ambassador email on Monday. Phoned the Winback department, offered $45 for 25GB plan with a $10 credit with BYOD for 2 years and I took the deal.
Jan 21, 2018
223 posts
57 upvotes
fatjoe wrote: Ported out to Shaw Mobile on Sunday morning, got a Winback Ambassador email on Monday. Phoned the Winback department, offered $45 for 25GB plan with a $10 credit with BYOD for 2 years and I took the deal.
May I know what # you called for winback?
Nov 11, 2013
742 posts
741 upvotes
Calgary
fatjoe wrote: Ported out to Shaw Mobile on Sunday morning, got a Winback Ambassador email on Monday. Phoned the Winback department, offered $45 for 25GB plan with a $10 credit with BYOD for 2 years and I took the deal.
Nice deal
That’s better than what I got, they only gave me a $5credit over 2yrs.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1362 posts
4221 upvotes
syncmaster wrote: Hello

For B.C./AB people formerly on Fido, as a competitive answer to Shaw mobile, there is now a $45 25GB plan.

I'm from Vancouver

(sept 5) port out from fido to competitor (Freedom prepaid)
(sept 7) received email from fido ambassador of a an exclusive offer which can only be discussed on phone...
(sept 10) received a call today from fido winback

mention i have port to shaw mobile $45 - 25gb, came back few minutes with the plan match!
** rep then offer $5 credit for 24 month! (starting at 2 - 3 billing cycle)
$40 activation charge will be waived (at 2 - 3 billing cycle)

Available $200 bill credit for new phone (I didn’t need it) which is another cherry on top.
*must decided the phone during activation

sim card will be mail in

Good luck. YMMV.

==Edited==

plan details from email

Your plan: 25GB, Talk & Text - BYOP^^- 25GB Data/
/- Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and International Mobile Numbers/
/- Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes/
/- Call Display//- Voicemail//- Call Waiting//- Conference Call/
/- Data Overage Protection. Data is paused once you hit your plan's limit. To unpause, you can add more data.
So you’re with Freedom post-paid, but you told them you’re on Shaw, and they gave you no issues with that?

Thread Information

There are currently 16 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 8 guests)

MalayT55490, mrspark991, Idontneedit, superskid, Samevolution, rcheung28, waleedhk, k2theman