Hot Deals

[Fido] BC/AB - Fido Winback $45 25GB (+5gb) + bonus offer -- YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 12:13 am
Newbie
Dec 16, 2006
61 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks for all the information everyone. I was able to make the switch earlier this week.

Ported out on Sunday and called the Ambassador line Monday morning and was offered all the winback plan details as mentioned throughout this thread. Originally opted for the iPhone XS for resale, but seems like my order was not processed correctly as I did not receive any confirmation email. Called again today with another rep and the iPhone 12 and 12 Pros were available which can be ordered in conjunction with the $200 handset credit. I had a good rep who was very patient and went through all the phone options for me and I ultimately ended up with a CPO iPhone 11 256gb for personal use for 0 down and $30/month (same cost as the CPO 11 128gb) and can be used with the $200 credit. She noted the iPhone 12s were going to be a ~2 week wait or so.

For the iphone 12s, here are the respective down payment plus $33.24 plus tax *24 months:
  • iphone 12 64gb $364
  • iphone 12 128 $436
  • iphone 12 pro 128 $640

Hope this helps.
Member
Oct 25, 2019
216 posts
73 upvotes
many of us have got just the plan without a phone.. if in future we do want to get a phone, I dont think a plan change is required, correct? Since its all a Payment Program now.. so basically even though you may loosely call if BYOP now, it is as good as getting a phone with whenever one wants.. correct?

Although I doubt i will ever get a phone from a carrier ever.. for one they are always overpriced (compare their full cost with manufacturer's) second, just not worth getting tied in a contract and not be able to jump onto such hot deals when they happen. There are hardly any savings on a contract phone anyway..
Jr. Member
Nov 6, 2015
113 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto, ON
redflag0 wrote: how did you get this in ON?
I ported over to Freedom last weekend. Received a winback call from Fido and the ambassador gave me those deals I mentioned.
Newbie
Oct 5, 2020
7 posts
2 upvotes
darkness2505 wrote: Thanks for all the information everyone. I was able to make the switch earlier this week.

Ported out on Sunday and called the Ambassador line Monday morning and was offered all the winback plan details as mentioned throughout this thread. Originally opted for the iPhone XS for resale, but seems like my order was not processed correctly as I did not receive any confirmation email. Called again today with another rep and the iPhone 12 and 12 Pros were available which can be ordered in conjunction with the $200 handset credit. I had a good rep who was very patient and went through all the phone options for me and I ultimately ended up with a CPO iPhone 11 256gb for personal use for 0 down and $30/month (same cost as the CPO 11 128gb) and can be used with the $200 credit. She noted the iPhone 12s were going to be a ~2 week wait or so.

For the iphone 12s, here are the respective down payment plus $33.24 plus tax *24 months:
  • iphone 12 64gb $364
  • iphone 12 128 $436
  • iphone 12 pro 128 $640

Hope this helps.
That was a great deal. There is only iphone 11 64G on their website, and it is 33.34 with $75 down. I was wondering how you negotiated that. Thanks,
Jr. Member
Dec 13, 2009
166 posts
38 upvotes
update on my order: iphone cpo not available through winback. iphone 12 not available as well. order cannot be processed. im not sure how other people are able to put orders for iPhone 12 or CPOs.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2117 posts
1480 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My iPhone 11 pro max has be pending since oct 8
I've contacted them several times. they just tell me its pending. Usually they ship within 48 hours . I'm gonna wait another week then I'll just cancel the $45 - $5 = $40/25gb and the phone altogether
Newbie
Dec 16, 2006
61 posts
8 upvotes
Polosc wrote: That was a great deal. There is only iphone 11 64G on their website, and it is 33.34 with $75 down. I was wondering how you negotiated that. Thanks,
Keep in mind my phone is CPO, so it should be cheaper, but not sure why the 256 is the same price as the 128 as I didn't want to pry too much. I just asked directly what CPO phones are available, and she listed them out, so no negotiations needed for that point.

As for the order, it seems like it is confirmed this time around so far since I got the confirmation email shortly after today as per below. We will see if it gets shipped out next week.

We’re getting your order ready!
Great news! We’ve received your order for (XXX) XXX‑xxx. Below you’ll find a summary of your order and next steps.

Order Summary:
• Order date: Oct 23, 2020
• Customer contact number: (XXX) XXX‑xxxx
• What you ordered: Apple iPhone 11 256GB / Black
• Your plan: Fido Payment Program 25GB
• Shipping address:


Good luck
Newbie
Oct 5, 2020
7 posts
2 upvotes
darkness2505 wrote: Keep in mind my phone is CPO, so it should be cheaper, but not sure why the 256 is the same price as the 128 as I didn't want to pry too much. I just asked directly what CPO phones are available, and she listed them out, so no negotiations needed for that point.

As for the order, it seems like it is confirmed this time around so far since I got the confirmation email shortly after today as per below. We will see if it gets shipped out next week.

We’re getting your order ready!
Great news! We’ve received your order for (XXX) XXX‑xxx. Below you’ll find a summary of your order and next steps.

Order Summary:
• Order date: Oct 23, 2020
• Customer contact number: (XXX) XXX‑xxxx
• What you ordered: Apple iPhone 11 256GB / Black
• Your plan: Fido Payment Program 25GB
• Shipping address:


Good luck
That makes sense. I missed the word CPO in your original post. This was a good choice though. Thanks,
Jr. Member
Mar 28, 2012
166 posts
48 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Oct 23- 4:30 pm Ported my number to Freedom Mobile (250mb $15 plan). (Paid $28)
5:39 pm, once my number was ported over, I called 1855-343-6946 and was offered the $45/25gb Winback plan with $10 off for 2 years.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 20, 2004
3177 posts
759 upvotes
Calgary
I am porting in from Freedom for the $39/$34 plan. Maybe I should port back to Freedom and port back to Fido LOL
$35 for 25GB is all the plan I'll likely ever need
Member
Jan 18, 2017
393 posts
301 upvotes
ucsmfu1 wrote: Oct 23- 4:30 pm Ported my number to Freedom Mobile (250mb $15 plan). (Paid $28)
5:39 pm, once my number was ported over, I called 1855-343-6946 and was offered the $45/25gb Winback plan with $10 off for 2 years.
1 hour and 9 minutes

That’s a new record!!
Newbie
Jul 20, 2016
48 posts
74 upvotes
judgfm wrote: update on my order: iphone cpo not available through winback. iphone 12 not available as well. order cannot be processed. im not sure how other people are able to put orders for iPhone 12 or CPOs.
Oh, did you attempt to get an iPhone 12/pro and they wouldn't process it?

would love it if anyone can share whether or not they were able to get an iPhone 12 of some sort

appreciate it!
Newbie
Jan 10, 2016
42 posts
87 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: My iPhone 11 pro max has be pending since oct 8
I've contacted them several times. they just tell me its pending. Usually they ship within 48 hours . I'm gonna wait another week then I'll just cancel the $45 - $5 = $40/25gb and the phone altogether
I suggest you try to get them to apply the $10 discount instead of $5 since it’s taking so long to ship the phone. Maybe switch the iP11 max to an available phone.
Jr. Member
Feb 20, 2019
151 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
If you get the $35/25GB plan as discussed here without a phone. Will you be eligible for another Winback say in 2 months, assuming this or similar offer is available but this time with a device?
When you get the BYOP on this offer are you tied down with them for 2 years or not?

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)