[Fido] BC/AB - Fido Winback $45 25GB (+5gb) + bonus offer -- YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 3:45 am
[OP]
Apr 15, 2004
525 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver
phoreoneone wrote: So you’re with Freedom post-paid, but you told them you’re on Shaw, and they gave you no issues with that?
yes, i'm on the freedom prepaid plan (no credit check)
Jan 21, 2018
215 posts
53 upvotes
jmons20 wrote: did you actually port out from fido to shaw?
I ported from Fido to Koodo. I mentioned I will be porting to Shaw for their $45/25gb plan, and the rep said ok I can offer you this plan with Fido.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1466 posts
796 upvotes
KonstantinN wrote: Not starting an argument here but can you point to a few instances it took place in the last few years? I've been with Rogers, Fido, Koodo and now Shaw. The only time i hear friends complain about the price increase is when their temporary credits run out or they get a new device.
The only other time I recall was Koodo/Bell increasing their prices by $5 on certain plans but they stopped pretty quickly after a huge public backlash.

What are other examples of a carrier just increasing your plan price?
I personally left Fido due to price creep
No device subsidy either

Plan went up twice in four years
Add ons went up once in four years

Rogers is (probably) the worst for price creep
Bell is only one even close
I never had issues (beyond blocking upgrades) with Telus
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 13GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1102 posts
2202 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fatjoe wrote: Ported out to Shaw Mobile on Sunday morning, got a Winback Ambassador email on Monday. Phoned the Winback department, offered $45 for 25GB plan with a $10 credit with BYOD for 2 years and I took the deal.
So just to confirm, are you saying they gave you a 25GB plan at a $35 monthly rate???
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Feb 23, 2007
88 posts
36 upvotes
GVA
vancityguy0 wrote: So just to confirm, are you saying they gave you a 25GB plan at a $35 monthly rate???
Yes, the plan is $45 for 25GB, but Fido offered $10 credit for 2 years contract so net price is $35/month. This is BYOD with no device subsidy.
Oct 21, 2014
45 posts
234 upvotes
Just ported a line back to fido with $50 15GB before OP posted this....What should I do now ? Port out again ? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1102 posts
2202 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
aawen604 wrote: Just ported a line back to fido with $50 15GB before OP posted this....What should I do now ? Port out again ? Thinking Face
The exact same thing happened with one of my lines. The Winback team said they couldn't help, and that I should speak with Retentions and they should be able to match. If that doesn't work, I don't mind porting to Shaw to get this deal through Fido Winback. I think it is worth the savings.
Jan 4, 2016
124 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
called and they say its only SHAW customer that can get that specific deal.

did i get the wrong agent?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1102 posts
2202 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sipjd65 wrote: called and they say its only SHAW customer that can get that specific deal.

did i get the wrong agent?
You got the right agent. Please read the Original post to understand requirements to qualify for the promo.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2642 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
fatjoe wrote: Ported out to Shaw Mobile on Sunday morning, got a Winback Ambassador email on Monday. Phoned the Winback department, offered $45 for 25GB plan with a $10 credit with BYOD for 2 years and I took the deal.
Can you please advise on the rest of the plan details, thanks. Talk and Text? Features (Call Display, VM etc.)? Did you get all the usual benefits too: XTRA, Roam, 5 hours free data, Overage protection etc.?

I'm also BYOD so don't care about the device credit, but $10 plan credit I'll go through the monkey dance for.
Nov 30, 2016
829 posts
1042 upvotes
Mississauga
Here's what I was thinking.
1. Get a friend living in Alberta to open a Fido account, use my bank details for pre-authorized debit if needed.
2. Port out to Freedom or Shaw Mobile after a few days
3. See if I can get this deal from Fido after a few more days.
4. If successful, move my Ontario phone number to FONGO, then permanently forward all calls to the BC number.

The only question is whether it would raise a flag on Fido's end if I am permanently connected to their network on the east coast.
Nov 11, 2013
693 posts
643 upvotes
Calgary
frugal_fanboy wrote: Can you please advise on the rest of the plan details, thanks. Talk and Text? Features (Call Display, VM etc.)? Did you get all the usual benefits too: XTRA, Roam, 5 hours free data, Overage protection etc.?

I'm also BYOD so don't care about the device credit, but $10 plan credit I'll go through the monkey dance for.
Here’s mine from Fido, they never mentioned the Xtra or 5hrs of free roaming though.

Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1102 posts
2202 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
redblack wrote: Here’s mine from Fido, they never mentioned the Xtra or 5hrs of free roaming though.

The 5 hours extra is a standard offering to every postpaid voice/text/data line.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1102 posts
2202 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
frugal_fanboy wrote: Can you please advise on the rest of the plan details, thanks. Talk and Text? Features (Call Display, VM etc.)? Did you get all the usual benefits too: XTRA, Roam, 5 hours free data, Overage protection etc.?

Here’s mine. I’m still curious about what he needed to say to get $10 off each month tho

DFB90933-CF7F-4370-B97B-5CA75F1F23BF.jpeg
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2642 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
vancityguy0 wrote:
The 5 hours extra is a standard offering to every postpaid voice/text/data line.
Ah ok. Yes I see now where they specify that on their main plans page. Same with Roam etc. so that answers that.
vancityguy0 wrote: Here’s mine. I’m still curious about what he needed to say to get $10 off each month tho
Maybe they just got lucky and were offered right out of the gate. Otherwise hopefully can just haggle for it since not taking advantage of the $200 device credit.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)