Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

BC/AB - Fido Winback $45 25GB (+5gb) + bonus offer -- YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2022 9:36 pm
Aug 3, 2012
191 posts
214 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
I called this morning and got through. I had a Winback line already, and set up a new one today. However, the Fido order email I received today says "3GB, Talk & Text - BYOP", and mentions nothing about the 25GB. I'm wondering if anyone went through the same email?

When I set up my first line in December, that email had the correct "Fido Payment Program 25GB" in the plan details portion.

Update 4/13 1PM: I called again and they fixed it for me. They said the plan codes for the 3GB and 25GB are quite similar, so the agent probably punched in the wrong code by mistake.
Last edited by rcheung28 on Apr 13th, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
3494 posts
1911 upvotes
rcheung28 wrote: I called this morning and got through. I had a Winback line already, and set up a new one today. However, the Fido order email I received today says "3GB, Talk & Text - BYOP", and mentions nothing about the 25GB. I'm wondering if anyone went through the same email?

When I set up my first line in December, that email had the correct "Fido Payment Program 25GB" in the plan details portion.
I would call Fido ASAP.
Aug 3, 2012
191 posts
214 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
I actually called them right away and they just said they couldn’t access the details of that line and that there’s nothing they could do.
Nov 27, 2015
13 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton, Ab
rcheung28 wrote: I called this morning and got through. I had a Winback line already, and set up a new one today. However, the Fido order email I received today says "3GB, Talk & Text - BYOP", and mentions nothing about the 25GB. I'm wondering if anyone went through the same email?

Which number did you call? I've tried winback and ambassador lines but never get a human?
Aug 3, 2012
191 posts
214 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Pipingpiper wrote: Which number did you call? I've tried winback and ambassador lines but never get a human?
1 844 836 5948. Yesterday morning and this morning at around 8am, both calls went through right away. Yesterday's afternoon call took a bit of waiting.
Dec 29, 2018
56 posts
41 upvotes
Koodo offered me 10gb for 45 and 20gb for 55. It seems the other companies are offering better.
Sep 12, 2006
246 posts
176 upvotes
Pipersierra wrote: Koodo offered me 10gb for 45 and 20gb for 55. It seems the other companies are offering better.
I'm confused by this. How is what you've quoted from Koodo better than the winback offer of 25GB for $45/mth? Or maybe you are just saying that is something you could switch to, then wait for the winback call.
Sep 12, 2006
246 posts
176 upvotes
Question for people who have done Fido winback in the past. I did this first week of Jan and I'm on the 25GB/$45 offer now. I really wasn't looking for a device at the time so I didn't go with a new device. 3 year old S9 is working fine if sometimes a little sluggish. And they were offering the same as what on the website for anyone.

But now I'm looking at the Motorola Edge+, really good deal for a phone with flagship specs $0 down and $13/mth. Was able to get it for another family member and they were able to keep their current BYOD plan. Seems to be a great deal. Comparing to current iPhone or Samsung at the same price maybe it doesn't win, but at $13/mth for 2 years for a $1000 phone seems like a deal that won't last long.

Now to my question, has anyone done the winback leave and come back dance within the same year (or even 3 mths apart) successfully? When I try to do the upgrade online of via chat they make me sign up for a new plan. I'm thinking of doing the dance again just to get this phone. Hoping winback doesn't have much history and just starts contacting numbers that leave, but not sure.

Thoughts?
Sep 27, 2004
105 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Hey folks,

I was offered the $45/25gb plan after I switched over to Telus. Currently waiting for the sim to arrive, so I can port back over to Fido.

As my Telus plan is similar/comparable, would I be able to port over my spouse's line (Zoomer) instead of the # I originally had with Fido? Or is this offer tied to the phone # that was ported out?

Thanks,
Oct 25, 2019
492 posts
212 upvotes
imhere wrote: Hey folks,

I was offered the $45/25gb plan after I switched over to Telus. Currently waiting for the sim to arrive, so I can port back over to Fido.

As my Telus plan is similar/comparable, would I be able to port over my spouse's line (Zoomer) instead of the # I originally had with Fido? Or is this offer tied to the phone # that was ported out?

Thanks,
It is tied to the phone number that was ported out. That is why when people called themselves they were asked to provide the phone number that was a Fido phone in the past. But then again, may be someone has found work arounds and they can tell you any better.
Dec 11, 2009
22 posts
6 upvotes
I moved to Koodo from Fido on Feb 20 - was on $50 10gb (16gb after several rounds of bonus data) - plan that was going up to $60. My wife got a callback within a few days for her account but she told them to talk to me, my number hadn't been ported yet due to a glitch so didn't hear back.
Got a win back callback this last Friday, April 16! A full 2 months after leaving.
Was offered $45 for 25gb that most are getting here. She asked if i was interested in upgrading my phone and i declined.
I asked for additional discounts that others were getting $10 off for 2 years. She said no dice, that is now over.

So these win backs are still happening, but that 2 month delay is quite something!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2466 posts
788 upvotes
i tried calling fido and just asking for this $45 25gb plan and they said they dont have it (just didn't want to port out and wait for a callback)
i was however offered a 30gb for $60 and even a 50gb plan for $70
currently i have 7gb and i never go over so no need to spend the extra ca$h
but after asking if she could do anything else she ended up adding 3gb of free data to my plan for the same price :)

while on the call, my 50% off for the tablet data plan expired, so i got that renewed for another 2 years
btw, there's an ongoing national issue with fido right now
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Mar 30, 2013
568 posts
228 upvotes
Can I still do the Prepaid freedom or does it needs to be on a Freedom post paid line to be able to qualify for a winback offer?

*My situation is that an agent already called me from the winback depart with the $45-25gb plan. When I asked her for the $10 discount for 24 months, she suggested to go through the freedom route to be eligible for the $10 discount*.

syncmaster wrote: Hello

For B.C./AB people formerly on Fido, as a competitive answer to Shaw mobile, there is now a $45 25GB winback plan.

I'm from Vancouver

(sept 5) port out from fido to competitor (Freedom prepaid)
(sept 7) received email from fido ambassador of a an exclusive offer which can only be discussed on phone...
(sept 10) received a call today from fido winback

mention i have port to shaw mobile $45 - 25gb, came back few minutes with the plan match!
** rep then offer $10 credit for next 24 month! (starting at 2 - 3 billing cycle)
$45 - $10 (bill credit) = $35

$40 activation charge will be waived (at 2 - 3 billing cycle)

also available $300 bill credit for new phone (dec 07 2020 updated) (I didn’t need it) which is another cherry on top.
*must decided at the time of activation*

call customer services to port your number back to Fido, once you received the sim card (from courier)

Good luck. YMMV.

==Edited 1==

plan details from email

Your plan: 25GB, Talk & Text - BYOP^^- 25GB Data/
/- Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and International Mobile Numbers/
/- Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes/
/- Call Display//- Voicemail//- Call Waiting//- Conference Call/
/- Data Overage Protection. Data is paused once you hit your plan's limit. To unpause, you can add more data.

DATA BYTE is included in the plan (1 hours of unlimited data X 5 times a month)

== EDITED 2 = BONUS 5gb =

Thanks to kennaley @ [Fido] Fido - 5GB free data bonus. YMMV

got the extra 5gb so i'm now at 30gb
Just login to your fido account and a popup offer appears, YMMV

data point, i'm at my second billing cycle on the winback plan, DID NOT get a new phone for $200 credit

YMMV

--== edit 2 ==--
Went ahead to grab a s20 today for black friday
sales rep call to fido back end and switch my BYOD plan to an financed plan... so it is possible just need to find the right person
new plan details is not updated, that why it is still byod

fido 111.jpg

--== edit 3 ==--
friend received the winback offer today (dec 07 2020)
same 35 - 25gb, but with $300 device credit !
Thanks!
Mar 30, 2013
568 posts
228 upvotes
Somvanshi wrote: Can I still do the Prepaid freedom or does it needs to be on a Freedom post paid line to be able to qualify for a winback offer?

*My situation is that an agent already called me from the winback depart with the $45-25gb plan. When I asked her for the $10 discount for 24 months, she suggested to go through the freedom route to be eligible for the $10 discount*.
Thanks!
Oct 27, 2013
262 posts
163 upvotes
drgrittani wrote: Question for people who have done Fido winback in the past. I did this first week of Jan and I'm on the 25GB/$45 offer now. I really wasn't looking for a device at the time so I didn't go with a new device. 3 year old S9 is working fine if sometimes a little sluggish. And they were offering the same as what on the website for anyone.

But now I'm looking at the Motorola Edge+, really good deal for a phone with flagship specs $0 down and $13/mth. Was able to get it for another family member and they were able to keep their current BYOD plan. Seems to be a great deal. Comparing to current iPhone or Samsung at the same price maybe it doesn't win, but at $13/mth for 2 years for a $1000 phone seems like a deal that won't last long.

Now to my question, has anyone done the winback leave and come back dance within the same year (or even 3 mths apart) successfully? When I try to do the upgrade online of via chat they make me sign up for a new plan. I'm thinking of doing the dance again just to get this phone. Hoping winback doesn't have much history and just starts contacting numbers that leave, but not sure.

Thoughts?
You should be able to get the hardware upgrade through CHAT without having to change the plan. Keep trying different agents, until you get one who is able to preserve your Winback plan. The other option - which I've mentioned in my previous posts - is to add a new line to your existing account. Port this new line out, and go through the Winback process. The only caveat is that you need to jump through a few hoops to port back your initial phone number.
Apr 4, 2007
77 posts
40 upvotes
drgrittani wrote: Question for people who have done Fido winback in the past. I did this first week of Jan and I'm on the 25GB/$45 offer now. I really wasn't looking for a device at the time so I didn't go with a new device. 3 year old S9 is working fine if sometimes a little sluggish. And they were offering the same as what on the website for anyone.

Thoughts?
You may also want to consider that even though the phone is discounted don't forget each month you're paying the tax on Fido's full monthly price of the phone ($1000/24 = $41.67 *0.13 = $5.42. May impact your decision for the Edge phone.

I got a Moto Stylus G when they offered it at a discounted $1/month. The price is only $360 for the phone so I sold it to keep my current Pixel 3XL. Also got the winback device credit to help too.
Jan 11, 2015
5 posts
52 upvotes
alberta
Does anyone know if the win back offer is still going on? I was hoping to sign up for Fido then port over to Freedom and then get a win back offer. Thanks
Nov 27, 2015
13 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton, Ab
lverma wrote: Does anyone know if the win back offer is still going on? I was hoping to sign up for Fido then port over to Freedom and then get a win back offer. Thanks
It's still going on, I just missed a winback call last night. Believe they only try to winback accounts that are more than 6 months old, so opening an account and immediately porting probably won't generate a winback offer.
May 10, 2019
2 posts
lverma wrote: Does anyone know if the win back offer is still going on? I was hoping to sign up for Fido then port over to Freedom and then get a win back offer. Thanks
Yes it is. I called Fido customer service on Monday about wanting to speak with the winback department and the rep put in a callback request for me. They called me on Wednesday and offered the $45/25GB plan instantly and I accepted. I recieved my sim in the mail today.

Btw I did previously have an account with them before i ported out to freedom back in Aug 2019. So my account was known to the winback department, which probably helped.