Hot Deals

[Fido] BC/AB - Fido Winback $45 25GB (+5gb) + bonus offer -- YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 11:42 pm
Oct 25, 2019
212 posts
69 upvotes
guys please share if any existing customer is able to get this deal.. really a PITA to go through all the port-out port-in hassle. hot deal nonetheless but just ridiculous that Fido would only give it if you port out... Called and live chatted 3-4 times.. they keep offering more horrible plans than what I currently have.
Feb 14, 2019
956 posts
925 upvotes
mythical wrote: guys please share if any existing customer is able to get this deal.. really a PITA to go through all the port-out port-in hassle. hot deal nonetheless but just ridiculous that Fido would only give it if you port out... Called and live chatted 3-4 times.. they keep offering more horrible plans than what I currently have.
Why would they give you more data for less money if you weren't actually serious about leaving? They're doing this to add users and to take away from their competitors.
Jun 17, 2007
230 posts
83 upvotes
mythical wrote: guys please share if any existing customer is able to get this deal.. really a PITA to go through all the port-out port-in hassle. hot deal nonetheless but just ridiculous that Fido would only give it if you port out... Called and live chatted 3-4 times.. they keep offering more horrible plans than what I currently have.
Same experience. Absolutely garbage run around the mill. They keep telling me you’ve been such a loyal customer we’ve got this great loyalty plan $50/9GB. How is this loyalty when it’s plastered on your own front page for everyone. Been with Fido for two decades and this is how they treat loyal customers. I’ve decided to port and try my win back luck.
Feb 29, 2012
355 posts
114 upvotes
Overmydeadbody wrote: question, do you have to use Shaw internet before you can apply for Shaw Mobile?

i am currently with Telus
No, but you will pay much higher rates ($85/25GB or $95/25GB cross border plan)
Nov 19, 2015
39 posts
37 upvotes
White Rock, BC
vancityguy0 wrote: Hey no problem.

I’m 99% certain you qualify. The only possible disqualifier I see is that you’re already on a winback deal which is why I thought you’d be better off trying this with a second line.

You could try with your first line, but I don’t see a documented case anywhere of anyone with a $50/15GB plan getting the $35/25GB deal after porting out. That’s really my only hang up. Again I’m not a Fido rep or anything. I only know what I know because I’ve ported out 3 times this month and have had some good exposure to the subject.

I also have a $50/15GB line that I had decided not to touch but it was an easier decision for me as I'm not really married to any of the numbers on my Fido account and most people I know have iMessage/WhatsApp.

So if you follow the steps in my previous post, you’re likely going to be left with this:

Fido Line 1: $50/15GB BYOP
Fido Line 2: $45/25GB BYOP + $10 monthly discount for 24 months.

After this, you *could* try to port out line 1 to another freedom prepaid sim and then port it back to line 2 so you are left with just Line 2 and your $35/25GB plan. I'm afraid it's not possible to just move a number from one line to another whilst being with the same carrier.

Again, I don’t know if it’ll work but you could do this if you’re really attached to your old number at your own risk.

What and ass backwards dance they're having us perform here eh?

Good luck bud!

EDIT: Missed this part, sorry!

Yes, with Shaw mobile you will be a postpaid customer. They will do a credit check and your final charges will be prorated to the day you are ported-back into Fido. Also, Shaw charges a $20 connection fee. Make sure they waive that upfront or provide something that says you are not going to be on the hook for it.

If you move to Freedom, there's no credit check if you sign up for a prepaid line (cheapest talk/text plan is $15/month) but you will not get any money back when you port back into Fido as prepaid payments are non-refundable.

Just remember that when you are dealing with Fido winback, just tell them you moved to Shaw Mobile ($45/25GB) regardless of the route you take as that's really all they care about and they cannot see what plan you have or whether you're prepaid or postpaid.

You CAN get the 2nd line with the temp number that you just ported back with the winback offer on your Original line, it’s called a TRiangle swap. I got the 50/15gb with Rogers on a new number. Transferred it to my brother on his exiting account so he had two lines now his existing TN and plan and the new TN and winback offer, and then he did a TRIANGLE SWAP and got his existing line with the new plan, and canceled the other line.
Nov 26, 2019
23 posts
5 upvotes
Should’ve seen this thread earlier. Gonna go to Shaw to port my number and see if Fido gonna give that winback deal.
Dec 18, 2010
508 posts
346 upvotes
Vancouver
Can anyone confirm if add a line then port works? I too am on the $50 15gb but don’t want to risk losing it. Thinking of adding a line, waiting a few days, and then porting to Freedom prepaid. I’m worried that a 2 day old line won’t get the Winback call.
Sep 14, 2018
139 posts
139 upvotes
Do u already need to be a shaw internet customer to get the 45$/25gb mobile plan?
Oct 25, 2019
212 posts
69 upvotes
Ashock wrote: Same experience. Absolutely garbage run around the mill. They keep telling me you’ve been such a loyal customer we’ve got this great loyalty plan $50/9GB. How is this loyalty when it’s plastered on your own front page for everyone. Been with Fido for two decades and this is how they treat loyal customers. I’ve decided to port and try my win back luck.
are you porting out to Shaw? Because apparently people are only getting this deal if they port to Shaw.

Same experience with Fido. Also, it appears they have become very rigorous in their note taking process. I've called a few times now and I could hear the keyboard clickering right away as I speak. Also, each of the next times I called, they had it all documented.. I think finally have to go through with my 'threat' of porting out because they are not budging..
Oct 25, 2019
212 posts
69 upvotes
Majokito wrote: Why would they give you more data for less money if you weren't actually serious about leaving? They're doing this to add users and to take away from their competitors.
They aren't really adding users. Just bringing back the ones they are losing within a day or two to Shaw.. Net-effect is practically zero from what it appears.

If you read the thread, people port-out from Fido to Shaw, get a winback call and jump right back. Where do you see the net addition here?

Pretty stupid move on Fido in my opinion. Save themselves and everyone the time and paperwork and just give it to current customers as well. They don't leave.. 'winback' does not have to make that many calls.
Nov 26, 2019
23 posts
5 upvotes
LukeDoky wrote: Should’ve seen this thread earlier. Gonna go to Shaw to port my number and see if Fido gonna give that winback deal.

I tried to contact Fido first to see if they can match the plan right away. Only got an offer for $50 9GB deal. So have to go for the port out and port in route.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1133 posts
2281 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mythical wrote: They aren't really adding users. Just bringing back the ones they are losing within a day or two to Shaw.. Net-effect is practically zero from what it appears.

If you read the thread, people port-out from Fido to Shaw, get a winback call and jump right back. Where do you see the net addition here?

Pretty stupid move on Fido in my opinion. Save themselves and everyone the time and paperwork and just give it to current customers as well. They don't leave.. 'winback' does not have to make that many calls.
If they didn’t put up the hurdles, they would just have to offer it to every single customer they have. End result would be way worse as they would have given up too much.

So no, the net result would not be the same from their point of view.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1133 posts
2281 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
iN10Se wrote: Can anyone confirm if add a line then port works? I too am on the $50 15gb but don’t want to risk losing it. Thinking of adding a line, waiting a few days, and then porting to Freedom prepaid. I’m worried that a 2 day old line won’t get the Winback call.
I had the $50/15GB plan, added a $45/11GB line, ported out a week later and got the $45/25GB deal when I called winback.
Dec 18, 2010
508 posts
346 upvotes
Vancouver
vancityguy0 wrote: I had the $50/15GB plan, added a $45/11GB line, ported out a week later and got the $45/25GB deal when I called winback.
Awesome! Did you port to Shaw or Freedom? I don’t have Shaw internet so thinking of doing Freedom prepaid.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1133 posts
2281 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
iN10Se wrote: Awesome! Did you port to Shaw or Freedom? I don’t have Shaw internet so thinking of doing Freedom prepaid.
Freedom prepaid.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)