• Oct 22nd, 2020 11:28 pm
[OP]
Apr 15, 2004
525 posts
135 upvotes
Vancouver

[Fido] BC/AB - Fido Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses YMMV

Hello

For B.C./AB people formerly on Fido, as a competitive answer to Shaw mobile, there is now a $45 25GB plan.

I'm from Vancouver

(sept 5) port out from fido to competitor (Freedom prepaid)
(sept 7) received email from fido ambassador of a an exclusive offer which can only be discussed on phone...
(sept 10) received a call today from fido winback

mention i have port to shaw mobile $45 - 25gb, came back few minutes with the plan match!
** rep then offer $5 credit for 24 month! (starting at 2 - 3 billing cycle)
$40 activation charge will be waived (at 2 - 3 billing cycle)

Available $200 bill credit for new phone (I didn’t need it) which is another cherry on top.
*must decided the phone during activation

sim card will be mail in

Good luck. YMMV.

==Edited==

plan details from email

Your plan: 25GB, Talk & Text - BYOP^^- 25GB Data/
/- Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and International Mobile Numbers/
/- Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes/
/- Call Display//- Voicemail//- Call Waiting//- Conference Call/
/- Data Overage Protection. Data is paused once you hit your plan's limit. To unpause, you can add more data.
Last edited by syncmaster on Sep 11th, 2020 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
790 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1094 posts
2176 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Here we go again I guess!!!

HOT 🥵!
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Dec 2, 2019
125 posts
280 upvotes
syncmaster wrote: Hello

For B.C./AB people formerly on Fido, as a competitive answer to Shaw mobile, there is now a $45 25GB plan.

I'm from Vancouver

(sept 5) port out from fido to competitor (Freedom)
(sept 7) received email from fido ambassador of a an exclusive offer which can only be discussed on phone...
(sept 10) received a call today from fido winback

mention i have port to shaw mobile $45 - 25gb, came back few minutes with the plan match!
** rep then offer $5 credit for 24 month! (starting at 2 - 3 billing cycle)
$40 activation charge will be waived (at 2 - 3 billing cycle)

The other thing is the $200 hardware credit (I didn’t need it) which is another cherry on top.
*must decided the phone during activation

sim card will be mail in

currently waiting for account to be update so no screenshot

Good luck. YMMV.
I was offered a similar deal (only difference being 6GB data instead of OP's 25GB data) by fido rep on call. However, I rejected the offer and will wait for black Friday offers. I still have one and half months left on my current contract.

fyi, I currently have a corporate plan from Bell which is/was $65+tax for 10GB data, USA calling and a Huawei P20pro ($35 for device is included in that $65 every month i.e. $70 device balance outstanding).

Any pro tips on how I should be switching or getting a better deal (by black Friday) than the current plan I have?
May 24, 2017
622 posts
423 upvotes
GTA
SindbadRFD wrote: I was offered a similar deal (only difference being 6GB data instead of OP's 25GB data) by fido rep on call. However, I rejected the offer and will wait for black Friday offers. I still have one and half months left on my current contract.

fyi, I currently have a corporate plan from Bell which is/was $65+tax for 10GB data, USA calling and a Huawei P20pro ($35 for device is included in that $65 every month i.e. $70 device balance outstanding).

Any pro tips on how I should be switching or getting a better deal (by black Friday) than the current plan I have?
If you are happy with Bell, negotiate with them first. Saves you all the porting. If they don't give you same or similar deal that Shaw is offering, then port out to Freedom in November. Wait for Winback. Once with Freedom you can see what other carriers are offering if porting from Freedom. Especially Black Friday deals.
Sep 16, 2014
102 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
super hot, did this with Fido last time to get on the 15gb plan and will gladly do it again

Thanks OP
Apr 30, 2020
55 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
if you port to freedom and say you went to shaw to get them to match shaw's deal, no problem?
don't they do the porting back from shaw for you, so they'd know you're on freedom not shaw?

i havent changed phone providers in so long. when you switch to freedom do you have to pay to get a sim from them, then when you switch back to fido can you just use your old sim again?
Nov 11, 2013
662 posts
596 upvotes
Calgary
Just got off the phone with Fido winback and got offered the same deal.

$45 for 25gb
-$5 for 24 months

Phone 11 64GB for $30/month, 24month tab
- $200 device credit
- $40 activation credit on 3rd bill

Solid deal!
Mar 19, 2016
19 posts
20 upvotes
I'm on the Fido $50 for 15GB winback and I called to ask if I could get this. They didn't offer it but they said they'd give me 3GB extra for 3 months. I took and it I'll call again for a permanent extension once it runs out. In ON BTW.
Jun 7, 2016
32 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal,QC
ChillbroSwaggins wrote: I'm on the Fido $50 for 15GB winback and I called to ask if I could get this. They didn't offer it but they said they'd give me 3GB extra for 3 months. I took and it I'll call again for a permanent extension once it runs out. In ON BTW.
I did this when they offer 3gb or 5gb for 24 months and i didnt receive that offer. so i called and and they gave me 3 gb for 3 months, 3 months passed, i called and got a bad rep, lol she told me what i was looking for is free stuff and we dont offer that here :( lmao i cried that day haha . Jokes aside, gotta try again later tho
Jun 2, 2019
84 posts
121 upvotes
Since Fido is owned by Rogers, would switching to them not warrant a winback offer?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6195 posts
5354 upvotes
Calgary
If I don’t want to port back the old number, will they ever just issue you another number instead?
Sep 20, 2007
847 posts
304 upvotes
GVRD
HaterTots wrote: Since Fido is owned by Rogers, would switching to them not warrant a winback offer?
I did port from Rogers to Fido, and did not trigger any Winback offers. I would suggest to migrate to other providers.
May 31, 2009
101 posts
15 upvotes
BC
EDIT: Found out from another rep that basically you have to be porting in from Shaw. That is the only way to get it, says the rep. If anyone has any other information proving this wrong, I would love to hear it, as I am utterly frustrated with their customer service.

Very YMMV. I might have gotten a really bad rep, but here is my story. I was a former Fido customer for 13 years, transferred to Telus 6 months ago.
1) Called Rogers winback team after hearing about their $45/25gb plan in the other thread.
2) Got transferred to Fido winback team.
3) After the rep "pulled all strings", I could not get the deal. Settled for $50/15gb.
4) Saw this thread the next day
5) Called back, but could not get the deal.

Sad to say, I will be switching to Shaw and waiting for the winback call.....AGAIN.
Dec 20, 2012
963 posts
775 upvotes
Surrey
Gazorcoop wrote: EDIT: Found out from another rep that basically you have to be porting in from Shaw. That is the only way to get it, says the rep. If anyone has any other information proving this wrong, I would love to hear it, as I am utterly frustrated with their customer service.

Very YMMV. I might have gotten a really bad rep, but here is my story. I was a former Fido customer for 13 years, transferred to Telus 6 months ago.
1) Called Rogers winback team after hearing about their $45/25gb plan in the other thread.
2) Got transferred to Fido winback team.
3) After the rep "pulled all strings", I could not get the deal. Settled for $50/15gb.
4) Saw this thread the next day
5) Called back, but could not get the deal.

Sad to say, I will be switching to Shaw and waiting for the winback call.....AGAIN.
Shaw is the only one with the deal, so I can understand why Rogers and Fido are only offering it based on that.
Jan 18, 2017
367 posts
282 upvotes
Great timing.

I will be switching to Shaw once my winback contract expires in October.

This is the way of Canadian cell phone carriers.
They say dance and we are the monkeys dancing for a treat.

We need more competition like Shaw mobile to create better offers. They say they need to charge so much for offering so much data but all of a sudden then can give us 25gb for $45?!?! They’ve been lying to us the whole time!

Thread Information

There are currently 15 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 8 guests)

Shearer, ffarooq, Ph7nam, mythical, ludishomi, jakemtl, blindemboss