Hot Deals

[Fido] BC/AB - Fido Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 4:58 am
Nov 11, 2013
663 posts
599 upvotes
Calgary
It really does seem like different agents are offering different plans. There’s so many variables on who’s allowed and who’s not able to get it and how much a the additional discounts are.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1435 posts
305 upvotes
Edmonton
That's a crazy cheap plan.
Apr 29, 2020
30 posts
9 upvotes
Did anyone try to get this deal after already getting the $50/15gb winback deal yet?
Feb 23, 2007
88 posts
36 upvotes
GVA
There is nothing special that you have to say to get the $10 credit per month. The agent asked whether I need a new phone and I said no, then the agent just offered $10/month off for 2 years. I thought the agent said it's a 2 years contract but when I called again, another agent said it's not on contract so I'm a bit confused on the term. But $35 for 25GB, I will take it contract or not.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1094 posts
2177 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ilovesushi12 wrote: Did anyone try to get this deal after already getting the $50/15gb winback deal yet?
🙋🏻‍♂️

I had two lines:

First line was ported to Koodo 2 weeks ago, and then got ported back to Fido @ @$50/15GB deal.
Second line was ported to Shaw last Thursday and I got a call yesterday with the $45/25GB deal plus $5 off for 24 months.

I have half the mind to port out the first line to Shaw to see if Fido will suck it up to give me the $45-$10/25GB deal.

My lines are such a mess I feel like I’m staring at 2 half eaten spaghetti bowls and don’t know which ones mine anymore.
Last edited by vancityguy0 on Sep 16th, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1435 posts
305 upvotes
Edmonton
fatjoe wrote: There is nothing special that you have to say to get the $10 credit per month. The agent asked whether I need a new phone and I said no, then the agent just offered $10/month off for 2 years. I thought the agent said it's a 2 years contract but when I called again, another agent said it's not on contract so I'm a bit confused on the term. But $35 for 25GB, I will take it contract or not.
You are lucky sir.
I want to port back to Fido from FM; they only offered me $50/9G, with or without contract. Even I considered to tie with them for 2 years, and hoping to get $5 or $10 credit a month of some kind, they only can give me $50/9G.
It is definitely depends on the agent on your luck on that day.
Jan 21, 2018
215 posts
53 upvotes
I got $10 credit for two years too. BUT I don’t see it in my email confirmation. Anyone else had the same issue?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1094 posts
2177 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
justlooking90 wrote: I got $10 credit for two years too. BUT I don’t see it in my email confirmation. Anyone else had the same issue?
Did you sign a 2year agreement to get the $10 off?

I’m on the phone with them right now and they said that’s only available to users who sign an agreement.
Jan 21, 2018
215 posts
53 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: Did you sign a 2year agreement to get the $10 off?

I’m on the phone with them right now and they said that’s only available to users who sign an agreement.
Nop, i wasn’t given anything to sign.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1094 posts
2177 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
justlooking90 wrote: Nop, i wasn’t given anything to sign.
Shit that’s good but I’m fuming over this situation!!!

You know this country’s telecom sector has us by the balls when I have to port out yet again (third time) and play spin the wheel to see it I can save the family $120 a year per line.

And they still want to charge you $11 a month for basic shit such as visual voicemail when the rest of the developed world has included it in the base plans for years!

MVNOs NOW PLEASE!!!!
Feb 23, 2007
88 posts
36 upvotes
GVA
justlooking90 wrote: I got $10 credit for two years too. BUT I don’t see it in my email confirmation. Anyone else had the same issue?
You can phone again and confirm with a different agent for the $10 credit. The credit didn't show up on my Fido documentation and the $40 setup fee I have to pay upfront but will get it back on the 2 or 3 billing cycle, and that's also not on the New account confirmation documentation either. But I did get an Interactive ID # from the agent just in case.
Feb 23, 2007
88 posts
36 upvotes
GVA
vancityguy0 wrote: Did you sign a 2year agreement to get the $10 off?

Take the $10 credit and run. $35 after credit for 25GB, worth while to sign.
Jan 21, 2018
215 posts
53 upvotes
fatjoe wrote: You can phone again and confirm with a different agent for the $10 credit. The credit didn't show up on my Fido documentation and the $40 setup fee I have to pay upfront but will get it back on the 2 or 3 billing cycle, and that's also not on the New account confirmation documentation either. But I did get an Interactive ID # from the agent just in case.
I was on live chat with them and the rep said ya $10 credit isn’t in my account but he said the previous rep had it noted down. So he emailed the win back team to offer it to me. I got the reference # just in case. And screenshot. Hope it works! Will see once I get my SIM card and activate.
[OP]
Apr 15, 2004
525 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
frugal_fanboy wrote: Can you please advise on the rest of the plan details, thanks. Talk and Text? Features (Call Display, VM etc.)? Did you get all the usual benefits too: XTRA, Roam, 5 hours free data, Overage protection etc.?

I'm also BYOD so don't care about the device credit, but $10 plan credit I'll go through the monkey dance for.
yes you get the usual stuff (caller ID, mini voice mail (3 msg for 3 days) XTRA, Roam, 5 hours free data, overage protection, etc

the $10 credit and the $40 activation fee will be credit at 2 - 3 billing cycle
$10 credit will apply against your bill for next 24 months

no contract

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)