1059 posts
242 upvotes
ontario

Iphone XR / LG G8 ThinQ- $350 med tab $75 7gigs

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Fido.ca
checking fido today and the XR is down to 350 on medium plan
and theres a 5gig + 2gig bonus for 7gigs total for $75month with 500mins canada wide calling
Last edited by jordanr19871 on Aug 7th, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1059 posts
242 upvotes
ontario
also looks like the LG G8 ThinQ is also $350 on medium plan
Dec 13, 2016
373 posts
221 upvotes
GTA
jordanr19871 wrote: checking fido today and the XR is down to 350 on medium plan
and theres a 5gig + 2gig bonus for 7gigs total for $75month with 500mins canada wide calling
FM deal is far more better specially with $15 discount.
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1059 posts
242 upvotes
ontario
lol who voted not a good price?

koodo has the xr for $700 now and it seems they keep raising the price for some reason
retail is 1,060 and with tab its now its retail price 700 upfront and 360 on tab
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1059 posts
242 upvotes
ontario
smgksa wrote: FM deal is far more better specially with $15 discount.
yes but freedom network isn't as good

i tried freedom 1-2 years ago and couldn't get a signal at work in a warehouse in south london
and when i thought i had signal i was sending texts that they charged me for because i was on 'away' network

also there still is a gap on the 401 where there is 0 signal which is kind of scary if ever to get in an accident or break down
Oct 12, 2015
342 posts
369 upvotes
Ottawa
jordanr19871 wrote: lol who voted not a good price?
$75 for 500 minutes on the Rogers network, and you're wondering who downvoted? /facepalm

yes, it's better than Koodo atm but it's not noteworthy [generally speaking] for RFD'ers in my humble opinion.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7635 posts
5142 upvotes
Canada
jordanr19871 wrote: yes but freedom network isn't as good

i tried freedom 1-2 years ago and couldn't get a signal at work in a warehouse in south london
and when i thought i had signal i was sending texts that they charged me for because i was on 'away' network

also there still is a gap on the 401 where there is 0 signal which is kind of scary if ever to get in an accident or break down
They have Canada wide roaming included now
Aug 1, 2013
437 posts
347 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
RFDQ1016 wrote: They have Canada wide roaming included now
Does that mean I won't lose reception everywhere because they're using towers from the big 3?
Dec 13, 2016
373 posts
221 upvotes
GTA
jordanr19871 wrote: yes but freedom network isn't as good

I have no problem using it around London to all the way to Sarnia and Detroit uses Nationwide Roaming call and data.
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
Jul 15, 2018
33 posts
6 upvotes
Chris9446 wrote: Does that mean I won't lose reception everywhere because they're using towers from the big 3?
In places where you're not under Freedom's network, it switches to their "Nationwide" network which is essentially just roaming. I find that, typically, they use Rogers as their roaming partner in most areas. All the new Big Gig plans come with Nationwide data, text and talk so you should be fine if you sign up.
Aug 1, 2013
437 posts
347 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
Xyphen wrote: In places where you're not under Freedom's network, it switches to their "Nationwide" network which is essentially just roaming. I find that, typically, they use Rogers as their roaming partner in most areas. All the new Big Gig plans come with Nationwide data, text and talk so you should be fine if you sign up.
Oh that's interesting. I last tried freedom in 2015 but lost reception at friends homes and at work. I'm currently on the $40 6gb koodo plan but I was looking to get an iphone. I might hop on freedom to try things out again.
Jul 15, 2018
33 posts
6 upvotes
Chris9446 wrote: Oh that's interesting. I last tried freedom in 2015 but lost reception at friends homes and at work. I'm currently on the $40 6gb koodo plan but I was looking to get an iphone. I might hop on freedom to try things out again.
Freedom definently has improved over the past few years, night and day difference imo. Freedom offers a 30 day free trial sim w/ 10GB LTE, 1000 minutes of talk and 1000 text messages (all under the Freedom network, so no Nationwide).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1059 posts
242 upvotes
ontario
Xyphen wrote: Freedom definently has improved over the past few years, night and day difference imo. Freedom offers a 30 day free trial sim w/ 10GB LTE, 1000 minutes of talk and 1000 text messages (all under the Freedom network, so no Nationwide).

im with koodo and have 8 gigs for $65/month with tax

if i port number i'd lose this plan and if i don't like freedom i can do fido but thats $10+ more and 1gig less

and if u just do the trial and decide to stay with freedom can u still port over your old number? and just cancel the trial account?
Jul 15, 2018
33 posts
6 upvotes
jordanr19871 wrote: im with koodo and have 8 gigs for $65/month with tax

if i port number i'd lose this plan and if i don't like freedom i can do fido but thats $10+ more and 1gig less

and if u just do the trial and decide to stay with freedom can u still port over your old number? and just cancel the trial account?
I wouldn't recommend porting in (im not sure if they even allow it) to the trial plan, I would just sort of keep it to see if the areas you are at are covered. If you do decide to stay with Freedom, I would suspect that they would cut the trial account and you would essentially start "fresh" where you could port in your number and choose an in-market or current promo plan.