Expired Hot Deals

[Fido.ca] Pixel 2 brand new (128 GB) - $240 + tax

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2019 2:40 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 31, 2019
6 posts
205 upvotes

Pixel 2 brand new (128 GB) - $240 + tax

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 7, 2019
Retailer:
Fido.ca
Pixel 2 is on clearance pricing ( 240$ + tax) No contract Its a fantastic deal.
Last edited by Critic120 on Aug 2nd, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
1048 replies
Member
Dec 8, 2009
254 posts
146 upvotes
London
great phone. I have one and love it. Bought it at launch and normally I get a new phone every 6 months.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 31, 2019
6 posts
205 upvotes
$ 240 +tax is the outright price purchase. This phone is only available on Fido website
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1218 posts
913 upvotes
Whitby
Critic120 wrote: Pixel 2 is on clearance pricing ( 240$ + tax) No contract Its a fantastic deal.
How to buy it online without a plan? I should buy it on a plan and then cancel it?
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 31, 2019
6 posts
205 upvotes
Get a plan and call fido once you receive the phone. No penalty as you are buying the phone outright
Jr. Member
Jan 26, 2017
123 posts
41 upvotes
Huawei p20 is also the same price.
Jr. Member
Sep 13, 2018
129 posts
208 upvotes
That’s the only way to do any of these type of deals. No set up fee online so it would be 240+taxes + prorated bill till the day you cancel.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 8, 2013
568 posts
191 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Is it possible for a non fido customer to get this ?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1218 posts
913 upvotes
Whitby
TheGivingTree wrote: Is it possible for a non fido customer to get this ?
I just signed up for $15 plan, I will cancel once I receive the phone.
Jr. Member
Jan 24, 2007
147 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto
Thans OP!

I kept my existing plan and just purchased the device outright as an upgrade. It came down to $271 and a change with free shipping.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4845 posts
2426 upvotes
Toronto
If you have an existing data(tablet) plan, does that qualify as a plan?
Or do you have to sign up for a new voice plan?
Member
Jun 21, 2012
367 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
Do you transfer your existing phone number or create a new one?
I just want the phone and keep my Telus EPP plan (so transfer my sim card).
Sr. Member
Apr 1, 2013
754 posts
977 upvotes
Fredericton
I saw this yesterday and thought about posting but a nightmare it was to try to purchase. Credit check repeatedly failed until I switched from AMEX to MasterCard for one of the inputs. It worked over the phone, but I couldn't get the phone through the support channels (phone/chat). You MUST purchase via website. I finally got it purchased and had to contact support to delete the first "account" that was created during the sign up process so I could free up my email address for the new account.

Regardless, fantastic deal. Pixel 2 is better than the 3a in nearly every way and this is the 128 GB version which makes it an even more incredible deal.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
49687 posts
6008 upvotes
Toronto
ROYinTO wrote: If you have an existing data(tablet) plan, does that qualify as a plan?
Or do you have to sign up for a new voice plan?
Try it and let us know!
smoisan wrote: Do you transfer your existing phone number or create a new one?
I just want the phone and keep my Telus EPP plan (so transfer my sim card).
You activate a new account with Fido and cancel the plan when you get the phone. The monthly cost will be prorated and you'll only pay a few buck on top of the phone price. Make sure you select no term..

I don't think you understand what porting means, if you port from Telus to Fido to get this deal then your Telus account will be deactivated immediately. Once again, create a new Fido account and pick their cheapest plan plus the phone and checkout on a no term plan.
Member
Jun 21, 2012
367 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
Jimboski wrote: I don't think you understand what porting means, if you port from Telus to Fido to get this deal then your Telus account will be deactivated immediately. Once again, create a new Fido account and pick their cheapest plan plus the phone and checkout on a no term plan.
If my Telus account is deactivated I will lose my current plan which is quite good at the moment. It includes the EPP 30% saving that is not offered in Quebec anymore.

Top