Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido.ca

Pixel 2 brand new (128 GB) - $240 + tax

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2019 2:40 pm
Sep 9, 2007
159 posts
144 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: I called today and was told its backorder and that i should wait. So i'll wait but i will keep my expectations low.
I would not hold my breath on what CSR said. They are not aware of the situation. Just move on guys they don't produce this phone anymore, how can it be on backorder.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
bhug wrote: I would not hold my breath on what CSR said. They are not aware of the situation. Just move on guys they don't produce this phone anymore, how can it be on backorder.
I'm sure every Fido and Rogers employee is well aware of the situation by now.

If you scroll up you can see someone recently just received the device.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Just got a phone call from Rogers, woman named Kim. Will update when I call her back, told her I was busy AF.

EDIT:
MrFinancial wrote: Received a call from Rogers today, superintendent office or something?

Girl was very nervous on the phone about how calm I was, clearly I reacted different than what she expected. They are removing the credit bureau pull and she kept reiterating "out of stock" is always possible etc. I said I was clearly misled and was not aware of the out of stock until I created the account, however I'm fine with you resolving the credit bureau inquiry.

She said it was a really good deal and they received way higher responses than expected, basically sold out incredibly quick, I'm guessing within hours. I said that's still misleading and I am not interesting in an account with Fido if they can't hold their commitment.

She thanked me and that was it. Very interesting and slightly amusing call.
Basically this was my call as well.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
Still on the case with CCTS about this. Very likely in the end it will amount to nothing because it looks very plain from the responses I had with CCTS that they can't do anything meaningful. Not having any success despite them saying it falls under their scope of mandate. CCTS feels ok that it is a reasonable that Fido refunded the money and leaves everything else out of the equation. What a joke this has been.

The only thing one can hope for now is that the competition bureau nails their ass.

The monopoly and monopoly s**t continues.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
radeonboy wrote: Still on the case with CCTS about this. Very likely in the end it will amount to nothing because it looks very plain from the responses I had with CCTS that they can't do anything meaningful. Not having any success despite them saying it falls under their scope of mandate. CCTS feels ok that it is a reasonable that Fido refunded the money and leaves everything else out of the equation. What a joke this has been.

The only thing one can hope for now is that the competition bureau nails their ass.

The monopoly and monopoly s**t continues.
That and from my convo with them it looks like LOTS of us complained and that equals a TON of man hours on Rogers side pulling together case notes, calls logs ect ect. Hopefully that makes them realize the cost of errors like this vs having a better ecommerce portal at a minimum.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
Conclusion from CCTS: After analyzing both parties’ positions, we’ve determined that no further investigation is warranted.
Oct 9, 2016
42 posts
72 upvotes
My wife's CCTS claim got a promise of the credit check being removed. Time will tell how that plays out.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
I just noticed the Fido hard check on my CR is gone.

After the initial calls with Fido CSR and after getting them to "close my account" that was as far as I went, I didn't file anything with CCTS or any others so I'm guessing they're going through everyone and getting them removed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)