Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1335 posts
259 upvotes
Mimico

(Fido) Changing winback plan

Back in Dec 2019, I was offered the $50/15GB winback plan from Fido when I ported over to Freedom. At the time, I wanted the plan to be BYOP since I'd just bought my device used off Kijiji.

It's time to get a new phone (probably Fido CPO) and the only way Fido will let me add a phone to my plan is to change to a newer, in-market plan and it's a significant downgrade from the current one. Has anyone had success in getting Fido to keep the plan and change it from BYOP to financing-capable?

I tried calling the 1-833 number from 2019 that I had written down but I can't seem to get through to anyone.
1. Is there another number to try?
2. Is it better to just keep buying used and keep status quo with FIdo?
3. Should I just try porting out again, gamble on getting another winback phone call?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2228 posts
1369 upvotes
North Vancouver
I may be misremembering things but based on what I've read on RFD, I think that some of the Fido winbacks have improved since the $50/15GB you and I were offered about a year or more ago. I accepted the offer and also managed to get what I thought was a good deal for a Galaxy 10+. If I was in your position, once my contract was up I'd port out again and see what winback deals they offer including discounts on new phones.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2428 posts
172 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Same thing happened to me. I ended up going to rogers Face With Tears Of Joy

Only thing to do is Buy your own phone or take the risk and Port out and hoping for a win-back call.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5633 posts
1405 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
That's why I stay with freedom, they let keep my existing plan for the 2nd time.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1335 posts
259 upvotes
Mimico
d1ulove3 wrote: That's why I stay with freedom, they let keep my existing plan for the 2nd time.
I also spend a fair bit of time in a basement where freedom doesn't work (and no wifi to connect to) so it's not an option.