Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Check your account, fido may give away 5GB data for free, hassle free (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2021 2:50 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3176 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
anzvietboy wrote: Why I never offered this kind of deals for me like forever. Always provide a crappy deals. 20gb for $55 and I am paying $30 for 6gb now
I got 30GB for $55 offer, not taking. No point when I don't even reach 10GB per month.
I have the same deal as you EXCEPT they messed up on my account, extending my account by 3 months and they offered 3GB bonus on-going (since February)
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Jun 10, 2010
75 posts
124 upvotes
Mississauga
4flava wrote: Same here. Just made the switch to the $50/12GB plan. How long did it take to see the extra GB?
It is almost instantaneous.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
checked the app, nothing

only the 5 extra hrs which everyone gets

thanks anyways op
Sep 12, 2012
954 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
Got it. 4GB to 9GB.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1005 posts
590 upvotes
Mississauga
I’m on contract so got zilched but my second line which is BYOD got the 5GB bonus last month. I just saw you guys switched to the $50 12GB so I did the same just now. I was on a $55 14GB - one of those 2GB was bonus data for 24 months. I guess I lose that bonus 2GB, but been working from home and literally used 3GB last month.

Hopefully, this change doesn’t affect my free tablet.
HughZ wrote: I have been paying $55 for 10Gb plan. Switched to $50 for 12Gb plan a few minutes ago, Fido automatically added bonus 5Gb. So, I am paying $50 for 17Gb now. Nice Smiling Face With Open Mouth
4flava wrote: Same here. Just made the switch to the $50/12GB plan. How long did it take to see the extra GB?
Jul 1, 2013
75 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
ASIANDEALHUNTER wrote: Be careful - I did this and they removed my $10 a month credit for “changing my plan”. Lots of pushback after I did chat to add my discount back and calling was over 3hours.
I just got the offer today, extra 5gb for free, but I’m scared of accepting it now , really don’t want to lose my $10 credit from last year.
Aug 19, 2019
106 posts
85 upvotes
I couldn't find the offer in the app, but then saw my 4gb plan is now at 9gb.
Automatically applied it to my account I guess? Thanks Fido!
Apr 26, 2010
422 posts
302 upvotes
Vancouver
only got the offer on one of my lines... the line that uses the least amount of data as well....
Banned
Oct 30, 2021
171 posts
299 upvotes
legend23 wrote: I just got the offer today, extra 5gb for free, but I’m scared of accepting it now , really don’t want to lose my $10 credit from last year.
When a similar offer came up in early November, the same question came up in that Fido thread about what happens to existing discounts. 3 people responded saying accepting these free bonus data offers don't impact the existing discounts, you are still on the same core plan.
Jan 5, 2007
89 posts
95 upvotes
YWS & YYZ
I didn't see this offer on either of my two lines and I've been a Fido customer for over 20 years. wtf

Ugh. Off I go to live chat, begging for discounts and offers. I'm now on a $40/12GB plan (previously $45/6GB) in the form of a $50/12GB plan with $10 credit for 24 months. It seems equivalent to one of the recent new subscriber Black Friday offers.

It's disappointing to think that "loyalty" is almost meaningless these days. It's so much freaking work churning just to keep monthly expenses from creeping up -- mobile, internet, credit cards, and so on.
Mar 26, 2010
986 posts
191 upvotes
Scarborough
I've been with Fido for just an year and got an SMS for the 5GB addon, nice deal! I'm currently on the $55 for 25GB plan. I did also got the 40GB for $60 deal before but I don't even use my 25GB so I didn't end up taking it.
I took a little journey to the unknown
And I've come back changed I can feel it in my bones
I chased RFD deals that many can't see
Now the 50% off pizza deal got a hold on me
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1634 posts
9454 upvotes
MILTON
I think this is for new accounts
Dec 24, 2017
72 posts
98 upvotes
GTA
My accounts are relatively new (since August, 3 lines), but I didn’t get the 5GB on any lines. Wonder if there is a cut off limit. I have a $25/4GB, $30/6GB, and a $30/7GB plan with them…the only offer on each account is $55/30GB.
Mar 27, 2016
459 posts
411 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone who signed up for the recent back to school byod $35/10gb accepted this offer? Did it remove the monthly discounts?
Oct 4, 2016
373 posts
583 upvotes
GTA
Hey guys, I checked the app when OP first posted the deal but did not receive this offer.

I got a text message from Fido last night offering me an extra 5GB of data free with no contract for the next 15 months.
Jan 30, 2019
24 posts
40 upvotes
Lisameow wrote: Has anyone who signed up for the recent back to school byod $35/10gb accepted this offer? Did it remove the monthly discounts?
I got this offer in Nov and it didn't change my plan
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Just got a text last night saying holiday gift 5gb visit your account before dec 15th.
Went to account clicked offers and it was sitting there.Now 17gb data for $45 month not too bad but i dont even use 5gb per month as no service where im located and have wifi at office and home haha
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Nov 14, 2021
525 posts
1786 upvotes
Anyone have success getting Rogers to give extra 5gb? Anyone try?
Jan 8, 2017
10 posts
5 upvotes
Signed up for Fido in June and got the text this morning. Was a nice surprise.
After accepting, the app is still showing the $55 for 30gb offer.