• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 10:34 am
[OP]
Dec 7, 2013
39 posts
1 upvote
St-Eustache

Fido complaints

I bought a phone and opened a new line on Thursday, June 26, 2020. The promotion for the phone was that I would receive Galaxy Buds headphones as a gift. They took their time for about 3 days waiting the promotion to end, and they send me the phone without headphones. How is it possible for a company as big as Fido to behave like the last scammer. When I bought the agent, he told me they would send the headphones. How can they behave like thieves?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7899 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
ciobocle wrote: I bought a phone and opened a new line on Thursday, June 26, 2020. The promotion for the phone was that I would receive Galaxy Buds headphones as a gift. They took their time for about 3 days waiting the promotion to end, and they send me the phone without headphones. How is it possible for a company as big as Fido to behave like the last scammer. When I bought the agent, he told me they would send the headphones. How can they behave like thieves?
Do you have the promotion poster or did the document you received mention the headphones is free/gift?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25648 posts
22410 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ciobocle wrote: I bought a phone and opened a new line on Thursday, June 26, 2020. The promotion for the phone was that I would receive Galaxy Buds headphones as a gift. They took their time for about 3 days waiting the promotion to end, and they send me the phone without headphones. How is it possible for a company as big as Fido to behave like the last scammer. When I bought the agent, he told me they would send the headphones. How can they behave like thieves?
It would be more productive to call them and give them a chance to address the issue before you accuse them in public of intentionally delaying shipment waiting for the promo to end, let alone of being "scammers" and "thieves."

Have you called them and asked about what happened to your buds? If so, what did they tell you?

Some possible reasons why you didn't get the buds, all of which are legitimate:
1. They ran out of stock of phones. When more stock arrived the offer had ended and with it the supply of buds.
2. Your buds are being shipped separately. You may get them in a few days.
3. They ran out of buds. When they get more stock they'll ship yours.
3. The promo was limited to the quantity on hand. You signed up late in the promo by which time they'd run out. (What does the promo Ts and Cs say?)
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Dec 7, 2013
39 posts
1 upvote
St-Eustache
I called and they do not know if there are buds or not in the package. I must wait Purolator and see the next step. The promo was stopped yesterday. The phone was shipped yesterday. In the mail no mention about the buds. So... Concerning my language. I trusted Fido. I do not like to be cheated. I pay. I do the things on my side.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25648 posts
22410 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ciobocle wrote: I called and they do not know if there are buds or not in the package. I must wait Purolator and see the next step.
So why aren't you waiting before you conclude that you've been "cheated?"

And even if the buds aren't in the package you're waiting for why don't you call Fido to see what they can do before you conclude that they're "scammers" and "thieves?"

Maybe you're perfect. But the rest of us, including Fido, aren't. We do make mistakes. Assuming Fido made a mistake in this instance (we don't know yet that they did), at least give them a chance to correct it before jumping to conclusions and hurling accusations about their business practices.

Wouldn't you expect the same consideration from your customers if you were in Fido's shoes?
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Dec 7, 2013
39 posts
1 upvote
St-Eustache
Look. I'm not a deal expert. I'm not perfect. But you know that in the moment that you order, your account is active, Samsung register your phone , the bill start.
So if I'm good to pay since day one, why they send the item day 5 when the promotion is finished.
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark".
Maybe is a mistake maybe not.
To be continued.
Samsung has a strict policy for the returns. They give only 15 days. So if you receive the item after 6 day you have only 9 to change or return.