Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] DELETE Fido Tablet data only

[OP]
May 12, 2004
769 posts
74 upvotes

[Fido] DELETE Fido Tablet data only

Sorry just trying to help
Last edited by icu_nxtime on Dec 18th, 2020 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
4 replies
Oct 13, 2018
6 posts
5 upvotes
Few months back we got free tablet and free 4 GB data. $0 to pay...
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22088 posts
16665 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
icu_nxtime wrote: So I said fine cancel my 2 lines then and I will just get the tablets again if they come on Boxing Day. He said would still need a mobile plan to qualify. BUT offered to give me 50% off the 2 lines for 2 years instead.

Bottom line is the 3gb data only plan for $7.50 plus tax per line. Half off my previous bill.
All of this is quite normal. Some people have even gotten 100% off for 24 months. See the megathread: [Fido] 4GB LTE Data Plan $10, BYOD, no contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

BTW officially Fido will always say you "still need a mobile plan to qualify" but in practice you can skirt this. Again see the megathread, especially OP and Thread Summary.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1361 posts
434 upvotes
bylo wrote: All of this is quite normal. Some people have even gotten 100% off for 24 months. See the megathread: [Fido] 4GB LTE Data Plan $10, BYOD, no contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

BTW officially Fido will always say you "still need a mobile plan to qualify" but in practice you can skirt this. Again see the megathread, especially OP and Thread Summary.
Just cancel the 1st line.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22088 posts
16665 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
DealsHunterCo wrote: Just cancel the 1st line.
Yes, we could rehash the entire 400+ page mega-thread here. Yawn...

Or people could just read the OP and Thread Summary to learn all about these common workarounds.
veni, vidi, Visa