• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2016 12:36 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 22, 2008
63 posts
1124 upvotes

[Fido] Double Data (500MB and 1GB plans) on New Activation or Phone Upgrade

Did a quick search and didn't see this being posted.

Fido currently has some of its plans doubling the data for new activation or phone upgrade, with the following details:

Double your data

This weekend only! With select plans on new activations and phone upgrades. Hurry, offer ends Monday June 6, 2016.

(+) SEE FULL DETAILS

Offer ends June 6, 2016 and subject to change without notice. Not available with Fido Pulse Max plans. Only available with 500 MB and 1GB plans, excluding $47/500 MB Fido Pulse Smart plan in Quebec. Not available in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Eg. Under Data, Talk and Text Plans, currently there is a $40 Limited Time Offer BYOP plan for 500MB and 500 minutes, and this plan is also eligible with double data so you will get 1GB data and 500 minutes.

I am a new Fido customer of about 3 weeks and I tried my luck to see if I can get the double-data, the online chat rep won't budge. If anyone in similar situation successfully getting this double-data, please let me know how. Thanks!
127 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1197 posts
301 upvotes
Gatineau
Not too bad for 2Gb Unlimited for 40$ in Qc (even though I'm paying 34$ for 4Go). there hasn't been too many specials lately. Those in Qc, should my spouse wait for the 34$ special to come back?
Aug 5, 2011
525 posts
78 upvotes
NORTH YORK
$40 for 1GB and 500 minutes is pretty nice. (BYOP)

Better than my Koodo $33 for 300 mb and 300 minutes. Going to switch over to Fido! I've been hitting my caps a lot lately, so 700mb for $7 more is pretty nice.
Jun 11, 2015
15 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON
If you are on BYOP, what prevents you from going to Koodo and then back the next day (new activation) to have this promo? No cancellation fees on both so why not just leave and come back as a new customer...just warn them you can do this and maybe then they will give it to you....

I did this back in November with Koodo. I had just signed up with them 2 weeks before (BYOP) and they gave double data (2 gb for $34, same price I got 2 weeks before but for 1gb) on Black Friday. I told the rep that I could just leave (to Fido...with the same deal) and come back but why make me jump through those hoops (or risk losing me if I stay with Fido)...so they gave it to me (2gb for $34)
Jul 21, 2013
787 posts
473 upvotes
Calgary
Is this over the phone only? Or also in stores (walmart?).

And how long would this be valid for? Lifetime?
Jun 11, 2015
15 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON
Maybe on Black Friday? They don't come around often it seems
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1028 posts
138 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ck01 wrote: Not too bad for 2Gb Unlimited for 40$ in Qc (even though I'm paying 34$ for 4Go). there hasn't been too many specials lately. Those in Qc, should my spouse wait for the 34$ special to come back?
34$ for 4Go? Most got 34$ for 1gb + 1gb bonus last November, but unless you got a really good/old retentions plan you did good
[OP]
Jan 22, 2008
63 posts
1124 upvotes
macfisto1991 wrote: If you are on BYOP, what prevents you from going to Koodo and then back the next day (new activation) to have this promo? No cancellation fees on both so why not just leave and come back as a new customer...just warn them you can do this and maybe then they will give it to you....
I did try this tactic out, but I was told if I switch to another carrier and come back within the same week and still using the same cell number so they don't consider that as new activation... If someone else tries this with Fido and it works, please let me know, thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5692 posts
2917 upvotes
Winnipeg
Alastoris wrote: $40 for 1GB and 500 minutes is pretty nice. (BYOP)

Better than my Koodo $33 for 300 mb and 300 minutes. Going to switch over to Fido! I've been hitting my caps a lot lately, so 700mb for $7 more is pretty nice.
with zoomer promo, you can get 1 GB and 400 mins for 36$
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5692 posts
2917 upvotes
Winnipeg
daydreaming wrote: I did try this tactic out, but I was told if I switch to another carrier and come back within the same week and still using the same cell number so they don't consider that as new activation... If someone else tries this with Fido and it works, please let me know, thanks!
just activate a new number and port the old one a day later from Koodo...(i.e. don't port during sign up)
Dec 22, 2010
119 posts
7 upvotes
Wpegger wrote: with zoomer promo, you can get 1 GB and 400 mins for 36$
??
For me the Zoomer site shows 500 MB for 36 dollars, and the double your data promo only applies to the family/shared plans.
Dec 17, 2014
240 posts
123 upvotes
Roger21 wrote: Is this over the phone only? Or also in stores (walmart?).

And how long would this be valid for? Lifetime?
I had a double (1GB for 500mb) plan from them and kept it when I upgraded my phone just recently after two years. My wife didn't have the double plan and pays a little more for her 500mb.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1197 posts
301 upvotes
Gatineau
macfisto1991 wrote: If you are on BYOP, what prevents you from going to Koodo and then back the next day (new activation) to have this promo? No cancellation fees on both so why not just leave and come back as a new customer...just warn them you can do this and maybe then they will give it to you....

I did this back in November with Koodo. I had just signed up with them 2 weeks before (BYOP) and they gave double data (2 gb for $34, same price I got 2 weeks before but for 1gb) on Black Friday. I told the rep that I could just leave (to Fido...with the same deal) and come back but why make me jump through those hoops (or risk losing me if I stay with Fido)...so they gave it to me (2gb for $34)
Koodo did not play nice. I had signed with Fido for 1Go 2 weeks before BF, and when Fido put out their offer, they switched me to it no questions asked...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5692 posts
2917 upvotes
Winnipeg
Areyounoob wrote: ??
For me the Zoomer site shows 500 MB for 36 dollars, and the double your data promo only applies to the family/shared plans.
It's not available right now. But pops up periodically.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1197 posts
301 upvotes
Gatineau
Considering adding my wife brings an additional 10%, that would make her 36$ for 2 GO unlimited with Spotify. Time to switch!
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
665 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Thanks for the post. A very good deal on BYOP $ 40 plan, current with 2 GB data + UNLIMITED minutes/messaging
Oct 4, 2008
51 posts
5 upvotes
you mean to say 60$ not 40$ right? I dont see any $40 plan with 2 gb data...
Oct 4, 2008
51 posts
5 upvotes
carols110 wrote: Thanks for the post. A very good deal on BYOP $ 40 plan, current with 2 GB data + UNLIMITED minutes/messaging
you mean to say 60$ not 40$ right? I dont see any $40 plan with 2 gb data.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3408 posts
1066 upvotes
Public Mobile is $36 a month for 1.333 gb and unlimited minutes within the province. Not sure why most people don't use them.