Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[ON] Fido 150M for $37.50 plus $150 gift card (new client back again)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2021 12:13 am
Apr 27, 2007
353 posts
346 upvotes

[Fido] [ON] Fido 150M for $37.50 plus $150 gift card (new client back again)

Similar to the expire thread fido-fido-150m-37-50-plus-100-150-gift-card-2416205/

Looks like live chat now will offer easily the 50% off internet plans (12 months) for new customers PLUS a $150 mastercard gift card.

For 150M it comes to $37.50+tax for first 12 months

Go through products -> internet -> Live Chat
- Some have been successful calling in as well

For existing customers you can sign up with another name and cancel your service after you receive the new modem. After return your old modem.
  • You have 30 days to get your services installed. If you don’t install your services within 30 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.
  • Up to 6 weeks after your installation, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to register for your Fido Mastercard® Prepaid Card. The registration email will come from fido@e.helloworldmail.com.
  • You’ll have 45 days from the day you receive the email to register. If you don’t register within 45 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.
  • After you’ve successfully registered for the card, electronic gift cards take 1-2 weeks to arrive.
  • All the instructions for redeeming your Mastercard Prepaid Card will be in the email we send you.
  • Be sure to check your junk mail folder to ensure you don’t miss the email.
  • Your service must remain active for 30 days to be eligible for Prepaid card.
  • You can use your pre-paid Mastercard anywhere except in Fido retail locations or to pay your bill.

From @specialoffers to complain if you arn't getting your gift cards for those who applied to the previous deal a few months ago.
Here is a link for Fido's escalation process.

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/share-a-concern

Most of the time office of president should help you get the card quicker.

In my case I received a call from office of president within 24 hours after I escalated my issue.

At first agent from office of president told me that I have to wait for another 5 weeks. So, I told him that I am going to submit a complaint with CCTS. But then received a call back from the same agent in next two hours and he sent me and email with the link to redeem Amazon.ca Egift card.

So, you can use that method. But if you don't want to spend time dealing with them then just file a complaint with CCTS and they should resolve the issue within 30 days.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

Submit the complaint here.
Last edited by bbevol on Dec 11th, 2020 9:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
Making most of our dollars...
Thread Summary
Monthly bill calculations thx to @coriolis and ...
Ph7nam wrote: Yes, Fido applies tax on the amount after deducting the discount. Your first bill will be the [(regular price - discount) + (prorated amount from when modem ships to first billing date)]*taxes
How to setup your home internet, how to test your speed, how to bridge your router in one post. (#1121)
fido-fido-150m-37-50-plus-150-gift-card ... #p33645451

===================================
Gift Card (no email, not received, etc.)
+ should take about 2 weeks to get the registration email, complete the registration then another 4-12 weeks to receive an electronic or physical card (fido-fido-150m-37-50-plus-150-gift-card ... #p33696158)
+ gift card emails are supposed to start being delivered on 17Dec (fido-fido-150m-37-50-plus-150-gift-card ... #p33698436)

+ email comes from Fido Solutions fido@e.helloworldmail.com via bounce.m.helloworldemail.com (fido-fido-150m-37-50-plus-150-gift-card ... #p33680553)

+ if you do not receive the GC registration email then escalate (fido-fido-150m-37-50-plus-150-gift-card ... #p33679574):
Here is a link for Fido's escalation process (via office of the president):
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/share-a-concern

Submit a complaint here to CCTS (for resolution within 30 days, generally faster):
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/
===================================
2749 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1401 posts
747 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Might be worth it for me to do and save some money still. Was wondering if they would do a deal like this.
Aug 5, 2011
699 posts
423 upvotes
For those of us who signed up paying $45/month and already received a $150 gift card, are we allowed to switch to this?
Sep 6, 2010
231 posts
368 upvotes
Mars
"for the first 12 months"
Rogers and Fido are the worst
Stay away
Penalty Box
Jan 13, 2015
409 posts
213 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Yes I cancelled last week after getting gift card
And same day switched to this on my wife’s name
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2306 posts
3008 upvotes
zeeshee wrote: Yes I cancelled last week after getting gift card
And same day switched to this on my wife’s name
if the $150 wont show up on your bill in the next week or two, I'll cancel mine as well.
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Nov 7, 2009
10 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Just got via Live Chat on first try the following deal - $37.50/month for 12 months + $150 MasterCard prepaid. $32.50 for 75M was also available.

Tried to get the same deal ($37.50) over the last couple of days (after Nov 16), and it was no go.
Aug 4, 2019
145 posts
91 upvotes
Took advantage of the promo last year.

Anyone able to renew the deal?

Or should I do switch to another name?
Aug 29, 2017
771 posts
3194 upvotes
I'm very glad I switched to this about a week ago. I signed up for the 150M service, but have been getting 300+ consistently at all times of the day, and now on weekends. Can't beat that for $37.50/m PLUS $50 Walmart GC, and hopefully the $100 Fido GC. With the GCs it's like paying $25/m for 300+ service!
Last edited by BuciMaci on Nov 21st, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 26, 2010
921 posts
176 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Are there any other fees? Installation, etc.
Looking to switch out of Rogers.
Apr 27, 2007
353 posts
346 upvotes
SPSPSPSP wrote: Took advantage of the promo last year.

Anyone able to renew the deal?

Or should I do switch to another name?
Switch to another name it's simple.

Nothing for loyalty from them. Tried a few times but no go.
Apr 27, 2007
353 posts
346 upvotes
RedLego wrote: Are there any other fees? Installation, etc.
Looking to switch out of Rogers.
Don't believe so. Might depend on location but I've always done self install. Switched from Rogers long ago and all I did was plug in the fido modem.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3152 posts
1862 upvotes
lateapex wrote: Just got via Live Chat on first try the following deal - $37.50/month for 12 months + $150 MasterCard prepaid. $32.50 for 75M was also available.

Tried to get the same deal ($37.50) over the last couple of days (after Nov 16), and it was no go.
Is this for a renewal or new sign up?
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12837 posts
135172 upvotes
888888 upvotes
Tooo cheap
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3496 posts
2139 upvotes
Etobicoke
lostaccount101 wrote: Do you need to have a fido cell phone plan to get the deal?
I guess it's $100 gift card if you don't have cellphone plan.. And it's $150 gift card for existing Fido customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1401 posts
747 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
For anyone who is already with Fido and signing up for the new plan is it as simple as just using my wife's name and email? They won't questions the same address or anything? When the new modem arrives I just contact them under my account name and cancel that?
Aug 9, 2018
317 posts
271 upvotes
Installed the CGN3AMF Model Router - Speed and coverage are no where close to the CODA Modem. I am super disappointed. I am not even getting 150M consistently.

Just wondering if there is a better way out?
Last edited by Prats06 on Nov 21st, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2306 posts
3008 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: For anyone who is already with Fido and signing up for the new plan is it as simple as just using my wife's name and email? They won't questions the same address or anything? When the new modem arrives I just contact them under my account name and cancel that?
you can always use your own address to open a new account, all you need is a new email address.

What matters is if they will charge you for the gift card because of early cancellation. Nobody has the written terms regarding the GC.
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)