Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido 2022 New Year phone deals (ie: $0 down iphone 12 mini $190, S20 FE 5G $240) [YMMV, TARGETED]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2022 11:43 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1334 posts
3422 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: Not sure if Koodo allows wifi calling from a non-Koodo phon. There should be no other issue.

My case here is, FIDO doesn't allow wifi calling on my non-FIFO phones .
Oh shoot, I bought my Pixel 5 outright from LD. I should prob phone fido and get it set up as a fido phone?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
EmpressLisaSu wrote: Oh shoot, I bought my Pixel 5 outright from LD. I should prob phone fido and get it set up as a fido phone?
Not 100% sure. CSC code is only a Samsung thing.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1334 posts
3422 upvotes
Well, Fido did promise it'll be delivered to my door in 2-5 business days... Got the entire convo saved for future reference in case I have to wait months.

05:35:55 PM [Ashley] Hi, I’m Ashley from Fido in Montreal I see that I’m chatting with Redacted. I see you waited to speak with me today, thank you for your patience. Apart from having to wait, how are you and your loved ones doing?
05:36:04 PM [REDACTED] Yes i'm doing good
05:36:26 PM [REDACTED] I was promised by the previous rep i talked to that the new iphone 12 mini I ordered would be shipped in 2-5 business days
05:36:42 PM [REDACTED] but i'm having people tell me they ordered that phone back during black friday and thehy STILL haven't gotten it yet
05:37:06 PM [Ashley] Redacted, you’ve reached the right person. I can definitely help you with that.
05:37:12 PM [REDACTED] Great.
05:37:16 PM [Ashley]
I see you’re logged into your Fido account, your account is now secured.
To ensure that we get to the bottom of this for you, I’d like to ask you a couple of quick questions. Is that OK?

05:37:18 PM [REDACTED] Can I just choose to pick it up in store instead
05:37:21 PM [REDACTED] sure ask away.
05:39:10 PM [Ashley] Allow me one moment please to check the account please.
05:40:59 PM [Ashley] Thank you!
1. It's the order for the iPhone 12 Mini 128 GB Blue right?
2. You processed the order yesterday right?
05:41:19 PM [REDACTED] yes and ytes
05:41:52 PM [REDACTED] I ordered it thinking I will be able to start using it in 2-5 days time
05:42:10 PM [REDACTED] I don't want to be stuck in the situation like the poor black friday deal grabbers who are still waiting for their phone months later
05:42:34 PM [REDACTED] I want to get some reassurance I can get my phone in relatively reasonable time
05:42:41 PM [REDACTED] or pick it up in store
05:45:29 PM [Ashley]
Based on what I've verified on the account, I believe I have an explanation for you.
It looks like what happened is currently the status of your order is that it was staged/pick up is confirmed, once it will be shipped you will receive the tracking number and information via email. Our Hardware stock availability says that the device is in stock and that the Expected Delivery Timeframe is indeed 2 to 5 days.

Sadly the device can't be picked up in store because I don't see that the device is available in stock in any location near you, also the method chosen was delivery so we sadly can't change that. :(
Does this clarify?

05:48:48 PM [Ashley] The tool is updated and that website is from us so we can't verify informatin that don't come directly from Fido.ca.

As mentioned Redacted your order is already confirmed, if it would've been backordered the tool would've said it, the device is in stock and the Expected Delivery Timeframe is indeed 2 to 5 days.
05:49:20 PM [REDACTED] Okay. To clarify, what does the 2-5 days mean?
05:49:43 PM [REDACTED] " Expected Delivery Timeframe" = when the item is expected to reach my residence?
05:50:45 PM [Ashley] It means that it will take between 2 to 5 days after the device was ordered to arrive to your house.
05:51:05 PM [REDACTED] I see. So it would make sense that I should either get a tracking number either today or tomorrow right?
05:51:21 PM [REDACTED] And it wouldn't make sense for 4 days to pass without getting any sort of tracking number?
05:51:21 PM [Ashley] Yes because the order was already confirmed.
05:51:31 PM [Ashley] Exactly.
05:52:01 PM [REDACTED] also to confirm, a shipping number has not yet been emailed to me?
05:52:50 PM [Ashley] Not yet. The order is just confirmed, it must be picked up and released from the warehouse once that's done you will receive the tracking number. Does this clarify?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1080 posts
542 upvotes
GVRD
MrBigNose wrote: Not sure if Koodo allows wifi calling from a non-Koodo phon. There should be no other issue.

My case here is, FIDO doesn't allow wifi calling on my non-FIFO phones .
Koodo iPhone works fine on Fido WiFi-calling and HD calls (VoLTE). But Fido (and Rogers) seem to have more restriction on non-Fido Android phones (with VoLTE and WiFi-calling).
Sep 6, 2006
688 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
I have a pixel 3 bought from b&h, no problem enabling wifi calling on fido.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1334 posts
3422 upvotes
yesman wrote: I have a pixel 3 bought from b&h, no problem enabling wifi calling on fido.
Did you have to do. Anything special to get wifi calling?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
MrBungal wrote: LOL, what is CCTS going to do for you? Move the tower closer to your house?
Best comment of the year so far!
Sep 6, 2006
688 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
EmpressLisaSu wrote: Did you have to do. Anything special to get wifi calling?
nothing special, i just switched it on
Mar 12, 2013
27 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
I was able to get the Samsung S20 FE for $10/month = $240 + tax and got to keep my Black Friday deal $35 for 12gb 24 months + another $5 off per month for 12 months. I suspect this was YMMV because I wasn't able to keep my plan through self-serve, rather the online chat CSR had to complete it for me and I have to call back for activation fee waiver when next bill released. I asked to do the same for my other line to get iPhone 12 mini with a near identical Black Friday plan, less the $5 off, and was told it would be $23-24/month?? so I didn't push my luck.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1324 posts
1217 upvotes
secsbox wrote: I was able to get the Samsung S20 FE for $10/month = $240 + tax and got to keep my Black Friday deal $35 for 12gb 24 months + another $5 off per month for 12 months. I suspect this was YMMV because I wasn't able to keep my plan through self-serve, rather the online chat CSR had to complete it for me and I have to call back for activation fee waiver when next bill released. I asked to do the same for my other line to get iPhone 12 mini with a near identical Black Friday plan, less the $5 off, and was told it would be $23-24/month?? so I didn't push my luck.
Did you also receive a text with the deal or did you just ask the Fido rep for the $10/month Samsung S20 FE?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1885 posts
1292 upvotes
Manitoba
Wish I get an offer as I want to get a Pro Max phone but I am barely a month old since porting out from Bell.
Mar 12, 2013
27 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
I did get a text message for that deal. Click through had both offers for iPhone 12 mini and Samsung S20 FE, but only options were for new plan minimum $40/month for 15gb.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1361 posts
1297 upvotes
Toronto
I remember RFDers picking up the 12 mini for like $700+ from Costco few months ago and that was just the 64GB. The free mini offered from Fido for some was probably a 64GB. So OP paying a bit makes sense for the 128 model. Mini’s price dropped fast!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1334 posts
3422 upvotes
Day 2 of making the order. I have a Purolator tracking number given by asking the rep, but still haven't receive any email that the item will be shipped, and no info on the tracking number when searched in purolator tracking.
Oct 29, 2007
802 posts
147 upvotes
I have not tried WiFi-calling or VoLTE, what's the benefit of using it?
Nov 15, 2011
72 posts
19 upvotes
TORONTO
EmpressLisaSu wrote: It's too late. Locked in with them for 2 years due to this phone deal, and also due to their free 15 months of +7GB, effectively giving me $40 for 22 GB. Plus I'm not popular and no one phones me anyways, so it's fine.

Was getting tired of koodo anyway, needed to leave them to punish them for giving winback offers to those who leave them but doing nothing for those who were with the telus umbrella for nearly 7 years. If they treat loyalty like crap, then they don't deserve loyalty.
Hi, may I ask how you got 7gb free or a link to where it's being offered. Thanks. I got 3 lines right before the new year with Fido but through TMS. Wouldn't VOLTE use your mobile bandwidth? no clue how much.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11273 upvotes
andyhejob wrote: I have not tried WiFi-calling or VoLTE, what's the benefit of using it?
WIFI calling means you get calls in areas with poor/no cell reception, but have a connection to WIFI (assuming it's not blocked on the WIFI network you're connected to, hello TTC subway stations).

VoLTE means your phone stays on LTE during a call (vs dropping to HSPA/UMTS). Many would say you get better voice quality, but assuming your phone has support you should be getting HD Voice on 3G as well, so you might not notice that difference if it does.

Honestly, both aren't a big deal for many people.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1334 posts
3422 upvotes
Mythx00 wrote: Hi, may I ask how you got 7gb free or a link to where it's being offered. Thanks. I got 3 lines right before the new year with Fido but through TMS. Wouldn't VOLTE use your mobile bandwidth? no clue how much.
The 7 GB thing just popped up when I logged into my fido account one day. So I believe it's targeted but they targeted the wrong dude by mistake.
Nov 15, 2011
72 posts
19 upvotes
TORONTO
o haha lucky you. Hope you get your phone soon.
Oct 29, 2007
802 posts
147 upvotes
thanks for your info, I use fongo over fido tablet data, it looks neither WiFi-calling nor VoLTE is something I can use

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)