Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido $40 5GB Small Plan Targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2019 12:02 pm
Jul 16, 2013
517 posts
171 upvotes
thafreak wrote: Thanks OP, you made me check my account.
I didn't get the same, I got $35 for 3GB BYOD.
Do u mind sharing some details on this plan? 0i was trying to get the retention to give this but he said he couldn't find it. Thank you very much.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1376 posts
1216 upvotes
I contacted fido with regard to my account, they said they couldn't give me the plan.
Sep 4, 2013
51 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I have my own phone and I'm planning on switching to this Small plan.

If I were to get one of the $0 phones with a $100 amazon gift card promo that they have right now, which one should I get? Are there any fees for getting a $0 phone?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1376 posts
1216 upvotes
frozened wrote: I have my own phone and I'm planning on switching to this Small plan.

If I were to get one of the $0 phones with a $100 amazon gift card promo that they have right now, which one should I get? Are there any fees for getting a $0 phone?
lol
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1647 posts
3307 upvotes
Markham
Is the Winback Fido deal done? Because that deal kills this one. ($60 for the same plan, but with iPhone XS, which if you resell will more than compensate for the $20 x 24 extra)
Mar 6, 2011
12 posts
Peel, ON
husamus156 wrote: Thanks OP,

didn't get the deal but upgraded my BYOD 2GB 35$/month to 3GB for the same price :)
Is '3GB BYOD' a data only plan ...?
OrangeHoney
Mar 6, 2011
12 posts
Peel, ON
thafreak wrote: Thanks OP, you made me check my account.
I didn't get the same, I got $35 for 3GB BYOD.
What about 'Talk & Text' in your 3GB BYOD plan ...?
OrangeHoney
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1009 posts
701 upvotes
Westmount, QC
sukhdeep71 wrote: Is '3GB BYOD' a data only plan ...?
yes, it is. the equivalent is the small tab at 45$
May 21, 2007
247 posts
336 upvotes
Quebec

That's what I got.
Click on "change plan" to see what's offered.
YMMV
This is the way.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4533 posts
6168 upvotes
Vancouver
This is all I get:

' This is embarrassing.
We're working to improve this experience, but to continue right now you'll actually need to connect with us in person. '

And experience with their apps is really embarrassing for them in general... Nothing ever works...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Jul 2, 2018
93 posts
114 upvotes
I think they just target people who are currently on a lower priced plan regardless of the features, and as long as they can get you to pay more monthly they don't mind just adding in the data. I'm currently on the $60 10gb byod and I don't mind getting a plan like this for less money and less data.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4533 posts
6168 upvotes
Vancouver
LeaveEarly wrote: I think they just target people who are currently on a lower priced plan regardless of the features, and as long as they can get you to pay more monthly they don't mind just adding in the data. I'm currently on the $60 10gb byod and I don't mind getting a plan like this for less money and less data.
I have only $15/month data line [no hardware even] that is discounted 100% for next 5 months. Couldn't go lower than this [$0] I guess, and still they didn't offer me anything... :-)
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Sep 11, 2007
213 posts
31 upvotes
Brampton
LeaveEarly wrote: I think they just target people who are currently on a lower priced plan regardless of the features, and as long as they can get you to pay more monthly they don't mind just adding in the data. I'm currently on the $60 10gb byod and I don't mind getting a plan like this for less money and less data.
All the "exclusive offers" that Fido sends you will NEVER be for less $$ than you are currently paying. My wife is on a unlim talk n text for $25/mth and she has the $40 5gb offer when she logs in. If you are on a plan that is currently $50 or more, you will never be offerd a plan for less $$.
Feb 19, 2018
157 posts
144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
vonblock wrote: Koodo in Québec is also 3 GB for 35$
Is this with a tab?