Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] Fido $50/15GB unlimited Talk canadawide, unlimited text worldwide -YMMV (winback)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 10:53 pm
Jul 20, 2009
525 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
se@n wrote: No. I was more loyal than you. 16 years and paying close to $150/month for two lines. They would not give me $50/9GB unless I signup for 2 year contract. Then I came to know about this Freedom plans and I ported to Freedom and ported back to Fido on the same day and I am all set. It was faster to get it done at Walmart. Guy knew exactly what I wanted to do. Got 1000 international minutes too. :D Try your luck but remember loyalty does not mean shit. New member gets all the benefits.
Thank you for the advice? What do you suggest? Go to the walmart and port number to Freedom and wait for the call back from Winback or do you call in? What did you end up getting?

Thanks in advance
Apr 14, 2016
287 posts
47 upvotes
I am having an issue with my Fido service for over a week now and they keep telling me they are working on in. Apparently, there is an outage (something interfering with signal )in my area. I keep missing calls and I am unable to dial out. Today I spoke with CS and demanded answers as well as compensation and a deal for an upgrade. Brought Freedom Mobile to the table as a bargaining tool. I knew they cannot use FM week signal as an excuse because apparently fido is not any better in my area.
From the FM website, I quoted S10 with a Freedom 2GB plan
(4GB + 10GB Bonus Switch to Freedom) at:
Plan $45.00
Digital Discount -$5.00
Due Monthly $40.00/mo

Phone S10 $15 for 24 months

Total monthly $55 plus tax
OR I could go with S20 Fe 19 Gb plan with the phone at $70 plus tax.
After presenting this to Fido CS they told me that this is a good deal and I should switch if that offer is still available because they don't have anything to offer. I am with Fido since 2000 and went through several retention deals before but was never told to switch to another provider to get a better deal. Is that a new norm?
Jul 24, 2019
30 posts
25 upvotes
It has been a new norm for Kodoo, but first time hear that from Fido. Maybe you can escalating this to manager level or ask to transfer you to loyalty department ?
Oct 26, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
How did you port out? At store or online? Won’t you get charged by freedom for starting the service?
I have never switched my network service before.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2354 posts
145 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
GaneshD61989 wrote: How did you port out? At store or online? Won’t you get charged by freedom for starting the service?
I have never switched my network service before.
Just got to store or online and activate a plan you want (pick a plan you would want just in case they don’t callback)

While activating your new plan, tell them you want to bring your number over (porting over) and to keep same number like nothing happened but different provider. Usually the store doesn’t charge extra like sim or activation.
Sep 15, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
Ported out from Fido over to Freedom last Sunday (8 days ago). Still no call or email from Fido.
I am hoping that the reason is when porting out I had just received my bill so that was paid off today, and I can potentially be receiving a call soon. At least I am banking on that LOL

Has anyone had a winback call from fido take a little longer than usual? When I did this 2 years ago I got a call maybe 3 days later...
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1369 posts
838 upvotes
Near You
I had this winback plan originally.

I ported out to Shaw mobile last week Thursday. I called winback number Friday, verbally agreed to the 45$/25GB winback plan, with 10$ discount for two years.

SIM card shipped this week Monday. I went to the store to get it swapped over.

Waiting a day before I port back my number.

Thanks OP.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3210 posts
1588 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Guys, so update, I just called the Fido winback dept and got this offer:

$55 / 8 GB
-$10 discount per month
-2GB data extra per month
=$45 / 10 GB for 24 months (not the greatest compared to Virgin Winbak if that is legit).
$200 off on any phone

I had inquired about the iPhone 12 pro MAX and this is what they have for price plan (but not currently offered, due to not available yet):

Phone price ($793 + tax - $200 discount)

+

$33.94 per month for phone + monthly cost of plan (either $45/10GB or $50/15)

Rep said to call back in 2 or 3 weeks when they get official order to make placement.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Sep 14, 2009
689 posts
130 upvotes
My partner has a contract with fido which is terrible. She got it with her iphone 11 last boxing day. Any idea if she can somehow complain and get a better deal? I think it's like $60-$70 and 2gb data or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3210 posts
1588 upvotes
Toronto, ON
harryBMW wrote: Anybody got a deal with Iphone Pro Max ?.
Great News!!!!!

Fido now has the iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB on deal for Loyalty clients with winback offer! This is what I got:

Phone price: $793 - $200 (discount)
Monthly cost for phone: $33.34 + tax
Monthly cost for plan: $50/20GB + 5 Hrs extra data bytes
Activation charge of: $45 will be on the first bill, then credited on 2nd or 3rd bill

There is a 2 - 3 weeks wait because of the delay of accessing and shipping. Let the calling games begin!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Dec 18, 2017
34 posts
18 upvotes
Thank you lamboman. Will be ordering one soonSmiling Face With Smiling Eyes. BTW what did you do to get the deal?. Did you port to some other carrier?.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3210 posts
1588 upvotes
Toronto, ON
harryBMW wrote: Thank you lamboman. Will be ordering one soonSmiling Face With Smiling Eyes. BTW what did you do to get the deal?. Did you port to some other carrier?.
Yea I had initially ported from Fido to Virgin a while ago. All they do is ask for your Fido cell number and give you the offers.