Expired Hot Deals

Fido

Fido- $50 9gb, 45$ 11gb 2nd line, $200 bill credit per line.

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2020 8:08 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1004 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto

[Fido] Fido- $50 9gb, 45$ 11gb 2nd line, $200 bill credit per line.

Fido corporate stores only.
$50 9gb, 45$ 11gb 2nd line, $200 bill credit per line. 1000 LD min, Activation fee waived.
Activation fee credit and 200$ in 2-3 bill cycles.
Should be all Fido corporate stores per the manager.
Ends Sept 8, 2020
72 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1004 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
Hemustbeaboss wrote: Corporate store as in an actual Fido store?
Yes, like not those ones in a superstore or Walmart
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1131 posts
406 upvotes
Cambridge
Can the activation bill credit be had with $11 off per month for 24 months for line ported from Freedom?
Member
User avatar
Oct 15, 2015
224 posts
865 upvotes
BC
I live in BC.

Costco mobility was also offering a similar plan...not sure about the bill credit though, probably get costco cash cards instead. I just remember the plan was the same. $50 9gb for the 1st line, $45 11gb for the 2nd line

Oddly, i saw a facebook marketplace post from someone who works at Value Mobile and they said they could get both lines on the $45 11gb plan no bill credits though but yes 1000 LD mins. However, they said the 11gb plans are really 9gb with a 2gb bonus for 24 months and that i would have to call in after 24 months to get the 2gb re-added. I felt that was too risky so i passed. This was at the Surrey BC location.
Member
Sep 8, 2008
268 posts
75 upvotes
T.O
I just added a line last week I should call them tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2342 posts
2471 upvotes
Surrey
Does anyone know of any locations in Surrey that offer the $45 plan and the additional credits?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1495 posts
571 upvotes
Rudeepoo wrote: I live in BC.

Costco mobility was also offering a similar plan...not sure about the bill credit though, probably get costco cash cards instead. I just remember the plan was the same. $50 9gb for the 1st line, $45 11gb for the 2nd line

Oddly, i saw a facebook marketplace post from someone who works at Value Mobile and they said they could get both lines on the $45 11gb plan no bill credits though but yes 1000 LD mins. However, they said the 11gb plans are really 9gb with a 2gb bonus for 24 months and that i would have to call in after 24 months to get the 2gb re-added. I felt that was too risky so i passed. This was at the Surrey BC location.
I was thinking the same, this is probably to counteract the Gift Cards at Walmart/Best Buy, PC Points at The Mobile Shop or store credits at other shops.

At Virgin Mobile, the additional $5 off the second line states it is for 24 months, while the 2GB bonus does not state an expiry date and the phone rep said it did not expire. Not sure if Fido is different.
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 21, 2009
819 posts
724 upvotes
New customers or existing ones can get it too?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1004 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
meemo wrote: New customers or existing ones can get it too?
like all offers, this is for NEW customers only.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1004 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
jansh84 wrote: Can the activation bill credit be had with $11 off per month for 24 months for line ported from Freedom?
did not inquire about this as both my lines are not from Freedom.
Newbie
Jun 16, 2016
55 posts
33 upvotes
Pharmer wrote: like all offers, this is for NEW customers only.
Anyone know if you can port out of Fido, and then port right back in on the same day in order to qualify as a "new" customer and get this deal? Anyone ever tried that before with success?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1376 posts
1152 upvotes
Toronto
Passingbyhere wrote: Anyone know if you can port out of Fido, and then port right back in on the same day in order to qualify as a "new" customer and get this deal? Anyone ever tried that before with success?
Nope! You might even lose your number with that 'chaos'
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Newbie
Aug 19, 2020
38 posts
35 upvotes
pererac wrote: Nope! You might even lose your number with that 'chaos'
Thanks for the tip. A quick q since you seem to be experienced with this stuff: if I create a Freedom account today (with new numbers) and port them over to Fido later in the same day would there be similar chaos?

I want to see if I can combine this with the $11 off for Freedom customers deal mentioned in a couple of other threads.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1376 posts
1152 upvotes
Toronto
TheDolphin wrote: Thanks for the tip. A quick q since you seem to be experienced with this stuff: if I create a Freedom account today (with new numbers) and port them over to Fido later in the same day would there be similar chaos?

I want to see if I can combine this with the $11 off for Freedom customers deal mentioned in a couple of other threads.
Sounds good! When you're doing the port with fido, ask them to future date the port from freedom to fido for the next day. To avoid losing your number.

I just called mobile shop (loblaws)and was advised of this also.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3892 posts
3740 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Does this apply to Ontario as well?
******************************************************
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
******************************************************
Newbie
Aug 28, 2020
3 posts
3 upvotes
Called a dealer store and was told this offer is open to all Fido locations. However, the $200 bill credit is conditional upon also activating a tablet line. Or you can get $150 bill credit for adding on device protection (only needs to be on the account until you receive the bill credit, then you can cancel)
Newbie
Aug 19, 2020
38 posts
35 upvotes
pererac wrote: Sounds good! When you're doing the port with fido, ask them to future date the port from freedom to fido for the next day. To avoid losing your number.

I just called mobile shop (loblaws)and was advised of this also.
Awesome, thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1131 posts
406 upvotes
Cambridge
Asked about the $200 bill credit at Fido kiosk in mall.. no go!
Guy said you can only get the 200 credit when you bring in a second line (not even with a tablet line).

Anyone knows a place where once can get the 200 credit without any bs or unnecessary hoops?

Top