Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido- $50 9gb, 45$ 11gb 2nd line, $200 bill credit per line.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2020 8:08 am
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1335 posts
1045 upvotes
Surrey
pererac wrote: Sounds good! When you're doing the port with fido, ask them to future date the port from freedom to fido for the next day. To avoid losing your number.

I just called mobile shop (loblaws)and was advised of this also.
What if I port my number over to freedom first and then Fido today? Would that still work? I want to keep my current Number (Rogers) but want to somehow get the Freedom migration offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2016 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Why is everyone talking about porting in? Is a port in necessary?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1335 posts
1045 upvotes
Surrey
jansh84 wrote: Asked about the $200 bill credit at Fido kiosk in mall.. no go!
Guy said you can only get the 200 credit when you bring in a second line (not even with a tablet line).

Anyone knows a place where once can get the 200 credit without any bs or unnecessary hoops?
I don’t think it’s bs. It seems that the $200 credit really is only for additional lines, just like the extra $5 off monthly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6449 posts
5868 upvotes
Calgary
Guy said you can only get the 200 credit when you bring in a second line (not even with a tablet line).

Anyone knows a place where once can get the 200 credit without any bs or unnecessary hoops?
Add a 35$ line and they will drop it to 25$ a month with credit. Carry that line for 3 months until you get the 200$ credit then cancel it. Only if they waive all fees which they were doing last week.
Aug 1, 2012
931 posts
197 upvotes
Cambridge
henrik112 wrote: I don’t think it’s bs. It seems that the $200 credit really is only for additional lines, just like the extra $5 off monthly.
Oh is it? Didn't get that impression from OP..
Aug 1, 2012
931 posts
197 upvotes
Cambridge
SammyDavis wrote: Add a 35$ line and they will drop it to 25$ a month with credit. Carry that line for 3 months until you get the 200$ credit then cancel it. Only if they waive all fees which they were doing last week.
Yeah, that's an option.. thanks
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8705 posts
1402 upvotes
Can the 9 and 11 gig be shared so 2 lines sharing 20 gigs?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: What if I port my number over to freedom first and then Fido today? Would that still work? I want to keep my current Number (Rogers) but want to somehow get the Freedom migration offer.
Ports are a delicate process. One wrong move and the number goes to purgatory and the sales rep shrugs their shoulders (I used to be one of those reps, and have shrugged many a shoulder)
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
AFG786 wrote: Why is everyone talking about porting in? Is a port in necessary?
As per mobile shop, a port from freedom to fido is necessary to trigger credits (start on 2nd bill once verified)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1335 posts
1045 upvotes
Surrey
I called the Fido Store (Corporate) and they said you need to make 2 transactions to get 1 $200 bill credit (e.g. 1 HUP and 1 new act.). I thought only the add a line activation would be sufficient. Did anyone else experience this in BC?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2016 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pererac wrote: As per mobile shop, a port from freedom to fido is necessary to trigger credits (start on 2nd bill once verified)
But what about corporate Fido stores?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
Wal-Mart says the freedom phone number needs to have been active for at least 30 days before porting to fido for the $11 discount to be active
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
AFG786 wrote: But what about corporate Fido stores?
fido corporate stores (where ever they are) are likely the best bet for maximum promotions on BYOB - plan withOUT phones. With phones better to shop wirelesswave/walmart/mobileshop/etc
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto

$200 credit confirmed NOT at MobileShop or Walmart-Wireless Shops or Wirelesswave/Tbooth
Have not checked Costco/WirelessEtc
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
bobbings wrote: Can the 9 and 11 gig be shared so 2 lines sharing 20 gigs?
nope. no sharing.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
bbyu522 wrote: Called a dealer store and was told this offer is open to all Fido locations. However, the $200 bill credit is conditional upon also activating a tablet line. Or you can get $150 bill credit for adding on device protection (only needs to be on the account until you receive the bill credit, then you can cancel)
asking you to get device protection in exchange for credits is common....but not true! its like, help me get my commissions and I'll splash some credits your way.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1335 posts
1045 upvotes
Surrey
SammyDavis wrote: Add a 35$ line and they will drop it to 25$ a month with credit. Carry that line for 3 months until you get the 200$ credit then cancel it. Only if they waive all fees which they were doing last week.
Which $35 line are you talking about?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
meemo wrote: New customers or existing ones can get it too?
new customers are worth more to them. But I called and converted my $65/10gb line to $55/13gb - that was the best I got for an existing line. I wanted to save money so I rejected their $75/20gb offer.
May 16, 2017
95 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TheDolphin wrote: Thanks for the tip. A quick q since you seem to be experienced with this stuff: if I create a Freedom account today (with new numbers) and port them over to Fido later in the same day would there be similar chaos?

I want to see if I can combine this with the $11 off for Freedom customers deal mentioned in a couple of other threads.
Is it with contract or month to month?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9659 posts
62530 upvotes
Ontario
pererac wrote: asking you to get device protection in exchange for credits is common....but not true! its like, help me get my commissions and I'll splash some credits your way.
agreed. shady dealer rep = always do that