Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido- $50 9gb, 45$ 11gb 2nd line, $200 bill credit per line.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2020 8:08 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9659 posts
62541 upvotes
Ontario
pererac wrote: Sounds good! When you're doing the port with fido, ask them to future date the port from freedom to fido for the next day. To avoid losing your number.

I just called mobile shop (loblaws)and was advised of this also.
why future port? how long for the future port? 2 weeks? 5 weeks?

His new Freedom number is just a temp number anyway.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: why future port? how long for the future port? 2 weeks? 5 weeks?

His new Freedom number is just a temp number anyway.
24 hours or later tonight - NOTE: walmart had no idea how to future port - mobile shop confirmed it was possible. Wirelesswave/Tbooth will do it (might have to call into fido sales support)

Future Port in case youre doing some complex/chaotic porting. ie: porting from bell to freedom to fido etc. OR in my case - wife is using the phone at work, and dont want her disconnected until shes back home.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
777canadian wrote: Is it with contract or month to month?
$200 creidt appears to be with a newphone/upgrate contract/device-finance

$11 discount is with a freedom to fido port
Aug 28, 2020
3 posts
3 upvotes
Just to provide an update, the corporate store offers $200 bill credit but you must be adding 2 lines (or 1 new line 1 upgrade). so $200 bill credit each for $400 total. Note they mentioned each account is capped at $400 bill credit so I needed to split into separate accounts since I was activating multiple lines. Activation fee is waived on the second bill so you’ll still have to pay it for the first bill. You also get 2gb extra for 24 months, so 11gb in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1335 posts
1045 upvotes
Surrey
bbyu522 wrote: Just to provide an update, the corporate store offers $200 bill credit but you must be adding 2 lines (or 1 new line 1 upgrade). so $200 bill credit each for $400 total. Note they mentioned each account is capped at $400 bill credit so I needed to split into separate accounts since I was activating multiple lines. Activation fee is waived on the second bill so you’ll still have to pay it for the first bill. You also get 2gb extra for 24 months, so 11gb in total.
Fido Corporate store in Surrey told me that I need 2 transactions and only 1 gets the $200 credit. I thought Fido corporate stores all had the same offers in the province.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1506 posts
474 upvotes
bbyu522 wrote: Just to provide an update, the corporate store offers $200 bill credit but you must be adding 2 lines (or 1 new line 1 upgrade). so $200 bill credit each for $400 total. Note they mentioned each account is capped at $400 bill credit so I needed to split into separate accounts since I was activating multiple lines. Activation fee is waived on the second bill so you’ll still have to pay it for the first bill. You also get 2gb extra for 24 months, so 11gb in total.
Where did you do it? And first line is $50 for 9 gigs?
Aug 19, 2020
37 posts
34 upvotes
I went to Freedom this morning and activated 3 prepaid lines, then went to Fido and they combined this deal with the $11 off for former Freedom customers.

Ended up with 1 line for $39/month with 9 GB of data and 2 lines for $34/month with 11 GB of data plus $400 in bill credits. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1627 posts
194 upvotes
Was wondering i have Freedom plan. can i go Walmart signed up Fido to get the $11 discount by port-in Freedom than next day call fido to do finance a phone keep the plan? do that because Walmart don't have the phone i like but Fido on-line store has the phone i want.
POCO X3 NFC + Public Mobile 100 mins talk & Unlimited text $13 (Auto pay) + Fido data 4GB $0.
Aug 19, 2020
37 posts
34 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote: Was wondering i have Freedom plan. can i go Walmart signed up Fido to get the $11 discount by port-in Freedom than next day call fido to do finance a phone keep the plan? do that because Walmart don't have the phone i like but Fido on-line store has the phone i want.
I'd go directly to a Fido store, they're also offering the $11 off promo. I switched some Freedom plans over today and they told me I wouldn't be able to do a hardware upgrade for 30 days unless I did it directly with them today.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1627 posts
194 upvotes
TheDolphin wrote: I'd go directly to a Fido store, they're also offering the $11 off promo. I switched some Freedom plans over today and they told me I wouldn't be able to do a hardware upgrade for 30 days unless I did it directly with them today.
Great thanks for the info.
POCO X3 NFC + Public Mobile 100 mins talk & Unlimited text $13 (Auto pay) + Fido data 4GB $0.
Jan 4, 2004
422 posts
74 upvotes
Richmond
Are different Fido Stores different? I called one in whiterock, and he said its a $40 bill credit, not $200.
Jun 6, 2015
146 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just went to Dufferin mall after they confirmed its 200 bill credit per line added and when I got there she said it was only 200 total for 2 lines added.. What a waste of time
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3481 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
jansh84 wrote: Asked about the $200 bill credit at Fido kiosk in mall.. no go!
Guy said you can only get the 200 credit when you bring in a second line (not even with a tablet line).

Anyone knows a place where once can get the 200 credit without any bs or unnecessary hoops?
same here. went to the mall and it is 200 credit on second line
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1202 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
confirmed! $200 bill credit it for 2 lines min! NOT one line - great deal for those of you with 2 lines! last day today! go find a FIDO corporate store ie:non-multi carrier
Dec 11, 2005
121 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't have time to go today... any chance this deal will be extended another few days?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1335 posts
1045 upvotes
Surrey
mingo-jones wrote: Didn't have time to go today... any chance this deal will be extended another few days?
Store says it’s unlikely. I wished customer service would honour this.
[OP]
Jan 9, 2014
702 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
TheDolphin wrote: I went to Freedom this morning and activated 3 prepaid lines, then went to Fido and they combined this deal with the $11 off for former Freedom customers.

Ended up with 1 line for $39/month with 9 GB of data and 2 lines for $34/month with 11 GB of data plus $400 in bill credits. Thanks OP!
Glad it helped you, but you had to get all new phone numbers? Since you activate 3 new lines at freedom.
[OP]
Jan 9, 2014
702 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
mingo-jones wrote: Didn't have time to go today... any chance this deal will be extended another few days?
The manager told me promo was suppose to end sept 3 and got extended to sept 8, so who knows. May extend again?