Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[Fido] 5GB data for $50/month. Freedom Mobile match

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2017 7:18 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 26, 2017
22 posts
41 upvotes
asantha wrote: Hi

Is there a link to freedom mobile? I couldn't find it on there site. Can I call fido and just ask for price match with freedom mobile $50 5GB data with unlimited Canada wide?
I told them freedom has a 6gb plan for $45 per their website
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
12142 posts
111542 upvotes
Ontario
So I just asked my friend, a fido manager, he said this is a "Winback Offer".
It is in their system even for new customers so if you know anyone working at Fido, you can probably ask them to give it to you.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Member
May 25, 2008
341 posts
234 upvotes
Vancouver
My wife is having the same issue. She have Samsung S7 Edge. It's already been replaced but problem still persist. We were then told Fido knew of the problem and there was a software fix. We brought it in to the Samsung Store and they updated it. Worked for the first couple of weeks and then problem comes back. I'm pretty sure it's the network, not the phone.
chilli604 wrote: got this plan last time they offered it. I came from rogers. As soon as i switched over. i get alot of dead spots. My phone sometimes doesnt connect to data or i cant even make phones calls.
im using a Samsung note 3
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 13, 2005
7309 posts
1683 upvotes
Sorry... Meant $15 3gb data plan... Not 15gb
a1len437 wrote: I told them freedom has a 6gb plan for $45 per their website
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5327 posts
7186 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
mike74 wrote: My wife is having the same issue. She have Samsung S7 Edge. It's already been replaced but problem still persist. We were then told Fido knew of the problem and there was a software fix. We brought it in to the Samsung Store and they updated it. Worked for the first couple of weeks and then problem comes back. I'm pretty sure it's the network, not the phone.

Oh dang. i live in the lower mainland, british columbia. u? maybe it isnt my phone then. maybe i should call in and complain too haha
it will say i have 3 voicemails but my phone never rang, i cant use data 25 percent of the time, but hey for 50 bucks and 5gig.
Jr. Member
Oct 18, 2012
110 posts
18 upvotes
I currently have $50, BYOD plan with 3 GB data+Roam+Spotify (Pulse plan).
When I chatted with FIDO over the weekend , they offered to match Freedom mobile plan with the 5GB for $50 plan but I will lose out on Roam and Spotify. I wouldn't miss spotify that much, but I'm not happy losing out on $5/day Roaming option.
On the fence......Anyone able to get Roam added onto this plan??
Member
May 25, 2008
341 posts
234 upvotes
Vancouver
Same. In YVR. I brought it to Samsung Store in Metrotown since the manager knew of the issue. The manager was on vacation when we brought it in so one of his staff did the update. Now I don't know if the staff knew of the problem and that the software update he did is the same one his manager is talking about because the other staff we originally talked to didn't know anything about it. This was over a month ago already. We plan to bring it in and asking the manager to update it himself when we get a chance.
chilli604 wrote: Oh dang. i live in the lower mainland, british columbia. u? maybe it isnt my phone then. maybe i should call in and complain too haha
it will say i have 3 voicemails but my phone never rang, i cant use data 25 percent of the time, but hey for 50 bucks and 5gig.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1192 posts
619 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it just the Samsung & Fido combo that has an issue? I have a coworker who often complains about reception at work with Fido and her iPhone SE. I sort of thought she was exaggerating. I didn't think there would be much of a difference from Rogers (what i had last year) and Fido.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4447 posts
3800 upvotes
Ontario
Please edit the topic for only existing users 3+ months.
---
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 9, 2007
615 posts
143 upvotes
Does this plan have 10% of second line?
RFD makes me :lol:
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 26, 2017
22 posts
41 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: So I just asked my friend, a fido manager, he said this is a "Winback Offer".
It is in their system even for new customers so if you know anyone working at Fido, you can probably ask them to give it to you.
kanechart wrote: Please edit the topic for only existing users 3+ months.
looks like it's available to new customers as well?
Member
Sep 24, 2009
499 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: Rogers customers have priority first then fido then Chatr.

Try resetting your network setting. If that doesn't help, try changing the SIM card.
Do you have a source for that information or are you just speculating?
all expressed thoughts and opinions are strictly my own
Jr. Member
Jan 16, 2017
107 posts
232 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Just wondering, if I bought a chatr line then ask fido to port in, would they figure out if I'm three months or not with chatr?
Member
Mar 31, 2010
463 posts
342 upvotes
i have the same issue withS7 edge. basically unless when u bought the phone brand new and u insert a fido sim first, it will have this problem. it has to do with the inital firmware i think, which enables certain features.

i bought my phone through samsung store unlocked, i was using the bell sim card, no problem with reception. When i switched to fido, it would constantly drop singals, and drains the battery. i spoke with both fido and samsung, they are pretty much pointing finger at each other. no fix.

Did u try to turn off VoLTE, that may help.
mike74 wrote: My wife is having the same issue. She have Samsung S7 Edge. It's already been replaced but problem still persist. We were then told Fido knew of the problem and there was a software fix. We brought it in to the Samsung Store and they updated it. Worked for the first couple of weeks and then problem comes back. I'm pretty sure it's the network, not the phone.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 8, 2013
582 posts
344 upvotes
British Columbia
Wow.. if this had Fido Roam I would switch and immediately ditch my corp plan
Newbie
Aug 25, 2015
15 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
Bell network is the best network, they use mostly fiber, and have the largest LTE network that's why u get better signal with bell and virgin vs rogers/Fido

It's most likely not the phone but the service provider

Bell u do pay for it tho.. but if u want top tier u gotta expect to pay for it..
Member
Dec 25, 2011
269 posts
197 upvotes
Hamilton
SamK755 wrote: Bell network is the best network, they use mostly fiber, and have the largest LTE network that's why u get better signal with bell and virgin vs rogers/Fido

It's most likely not the phone but the service provider

Bell u do pay for it tho.. but if u want top tier u gotta expect to pay for it..
Or just go with Public Mobile and pay a fraction of the cost for the same network Winking Face
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 24, 2004
2058 posts
696 upvotes
Ottawa
not a bad plan.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Newbie
Jun 1, 2015
79 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Hmm... what about I'm on the 2 yr contract?

Top