[Fido] Fido- 5GB Small Tab $40 or Medium Tab $55- Targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2018 7:08 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3262 posts
3444 upvotes
So guys, don't know how valid this is, but this is what I got from one rep:

Targeted offers will only be higher than your existing plans, so for example, you have a 40$ BYOD plan, they will offer you 50$ 5GB small plan, or 55$ 5GB Medium plan, but will not offer you a 40$ 5 GB BYOD plan.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3262 posts
3444 upvotes
Alexios07 wrote: I was on the fence between the Huawei P10 and Samsung A8, and I decided to get the A8. Since this phone is for my sister, so specs is not the most important factor.

With the A8 you have thinner bezel, Super AMOLED screen, IP 68 water and dust proof. Plus Samsung's Touch Wiz is miles better than Huawei's iphone copy cat Emotion UI.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... hone2=8514

Two different price ranges, the A8 is for 299$ on medium tab, while P10 is 0$ on small tab.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Oct 20, 2016
48 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
hkintel wrote: On a 2 years contract?
That is correct, in the sense that you would have to pay the "free" device balance left if you break the contract.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5702 posts
1938 upvotes
Mort Réal
In QC, currently on 34$/4Gb BYOD. They are offering 58$/8Gb or 67$/10Gb small plans.

Pass...
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
Nov 23, 2013
313 posts
72 upvotes
Shawinigan
WHO wrote: In QC, currently on 34$/4Gb BYOD. They are offering 58$/8Gb or 67$/10Gb small plans.

Pass...
Same thing here ... Not interested neither :P
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5859 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
PriceHunter wrote: So guys, don't know how valid this is, but this is what I got from one rep:

Targeted offers will only be higher than your existing plans, so for example, you have a 40$ BYOD plan, they will offer you 50$ 5GB small plan, or 55$ 5GB Medium plan, but will not offer you a 40$ 5 GB BYOD plan.
Not true.

My wife is on the $39 600mb plan and her best offer online was $55 for 5GB.
May 6, 2014
75 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
PriceHunter wrote: Two different price ranges, the A8 is for 299$ on medium tab, while P10 is 0$ on small tab.
heyyahblah wrote: Is it different in BC? Because on the Ontario Fido page it says that the Samsung A8 is $0 with 2-year agreement on a Extra Large plan and the Huawei P10 is $0 on a Small Plan so for people in ON there is no comparison, you cannot get the A8 on the Small or Medium Tab, its only available on the Extra Large Tab, so of course spec wise the A8 will be superior. If you took an extra large tab, why not get the S8 instead for $80 more and get $50 back in credit? S8>A8
I was able to get the A8 for $0 for my $55 Medium tab plan. I'm in BC.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1705 posts
432 upvotes
Narci wrote: Not true.

Well what he said is still true. Like. your wife may or may not get an offer for a 40$ for 5gb plan but someone with a plan of 40$ and higher will never get an offer for a 40$ for 5gb.
Apr 9, 2018
1 posts
I'm currently trying to get it. On hold right now. They said that fido has nothing to do with the red flag deals. Once again fido screwing around with people.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3262 posts
3444 upvotes
Narci wrote: Not true.

If you have the code for the 50$ small, there is no reason for it not to be applied.
Nov 17, 2003
464 posts
41 upvotes
Davegn123 wrote: I work for Fido Customer Care. This is a loyalty retention plan, not an in market plan. It's a tool that we use to save long term customers with, and your account has to be tagged for it. It's not something that a customer can just ask for. And in fact very few customers are even able to get this plan. So please stop asking for loyalty plans advertised on here. It makes our job very hard when were trying to make sales, and keep our stats up. You can view all of our in market plans by going to www.fido.ca/plans thx.
I get you Dave, but sorry, I have RAN large support centers for tech companies for DECADES and if all management there is looking at are numbers, they're to put it bluntly; idiots! Short term forecasting helps no one and I've had to lay out the long term numbers for bean counters and marketers. This seems like something that would make yet another good CBC report for name and shame. If plans are available for even 1 customer in a province it should be available for ALL customers.

Folks, having said what I said, please do not poop on the front line guys and gals like Dave as they are just trying to survive and follow policy. Instead reach out to the Office of the President for Rogers and make them give you a sensible answer - not a marketing has determined this answer.
Oct 17, 2010
637 posts
298 upvotes
Terrace
Davegn123 wrote: I work for Fido Customer Care. This is a loyalty retention plan, not an in market plan. It's a tool that we use to save long term customers with, and your account has to be tagged for it. It's not something that a customer can just ask for. And in fact very few customers are even able to get this plan. So please stop asking for loyalty plans advertised on here. It makes our job very hard when were trying to make sales, and keep our stats up. You can view all of our in market plans by going to www.fido.ca/plans thx.
I hear you. At the same time when the general public see such a great offer we just can't help ourselves and just try. You would too if you were a customer? =)
Oct 17, 2010
637 posts
298 upvotes
Terrace
Tolo wrote: I get you Dave, but sorry, I have RAN large support centers for tech companies for DECADES and if all management there is looking at are numbers, they're to put it bluntly; idiots! Short term forecasting helps no one and I've had to lay out the long term numbers for bean counters and marketers. This seems like something that would make yet another good CBC report for name and shame. If plans are available for even 1 customer in a province it should be available for ALL customers.

Folks, having said what I said, please do not poop on the front line guys and gals like Dave as they are just trying to survive and follow policy. Instead reach out to the Office of the President for Rogers and make them give you a sensible answer - not a marketing has determined this answer.
I agree with you. If it's available for 1 customer it should be available to ALL period. Sask and Manitoba still has the best plans out there. The Freedom model for example is fair and square.
Dec 1, 2007
716 posts
122 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Wife was on $45 BYOP plan with 2 GB. (Minus 10% discount).
Switched using messenger chat to the $50 Small Pulse Loyalty plan with 5 GB.
Ontario.

Lost my 10% additional line discount that I apparently wasn’t supposed to be eligible for in the first place.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2110 posts
518 upvotes
Ottawa
User816709 wrote: I'm currently trying to get it. On hold right now. They said that fido has nothing to do with the red flag deals. Once again fido screwing around with people.
lol the first mistake you did is referencing redflagdeals and that would usually result in an immediate NO. Try something better next time but it doesn't matter in this case.