Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[ON] - FIDO - $60/10GB - possibly starts on Dec 16, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2018 1:01 pm
Tags:
May 13, 2015
281 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario

[Fido] [ON] - FIDO - $60/10GB - possibly starts on Dec 16, 2017

Just spoke to FIDO - mentioned koodomobile. They should be able to match koodo offer in Ontario (which is missing for the province today). I ported one line to koodo today since didn't want to misss on the deal. The Fido agent said to have put up a case internally to match it for BYOD. I will know in 24 hours as a callback is expected. So, if people aren't looking to move, they *might* be able to do it. I will update the thread with more info as I get it.
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Thread Summary
Fido's plan is actually $60/5GB plus 5GB data bonus for 24 months. See the footnotes:

(+) SEE FULL DETAILS
Offer ends December 19, 2017 and is subject to change without notice in participating Fido stores and call centre. A one-time $25 Transaction Fee applies for the processing of service request. Taxes extra.

1. 5 GB data bonus available with new activation or phone upgrade on in-market 5 GB Fido Pulse plans for 24 consecutive months. Change of plan or phone upgrade following plan activation before the end of the 24-month period will terminate data bonus.

2. Available on in-market Large 5 GB Fido Pulse plans only. Early cancellation fees apply.
954 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
hearing same thing from my sources.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1186 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is it going to be 10GB up front, or 5 + 5 bonus? I already ported out just due to the fact that the BC plans have bonuses that expire in 2 years, and they probably won't honour a 5GB bonus.
Nov 7, 2016
23 posts
2 upvotes
Spoke to a Fido rep via Facebook, was told they will have the 5G+5G plan for ONT starting from tomorrow.
Dec 30, 2012
459 posts
152 upvotes
Mississauga
pmehley wrote: Just spoke to FIDO - mentioned koodomobile. They should be able to match koodo offer in Ontario (which is missing for the province today). I ported one line to koodo today since didn't want to misss on the deal. The Fido agent said to have put up a case internally to match it for BYOD. I will know in 24 hours as a callback is expected. So, if people aren't looking to move, they *might* be able to do it. I will update the thread with more info as I get it.
Not to take away from the thread (thanks op) but A little late for fido imho. As I said in a previous thread,as a loyal fido customer of a LONG time... i was sick of these “targetted” offers that I would have to beg for (still not successfully get). A handful of friends/family have already made the switch. Hope fido works on this issue :)
Dec 2, 2006
594 posts
125 upvotes
Bradford
Trying to get this deal via Fido facebook messenger chat. Started chat 1:34 pm today and havent got anywhere yet 5 hours later. what a joke
May 13, 2015
281 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
I am hoping so. I asked for price match or I would march to koodo.
Jul 22, 2011
682 posts
143 upvotes
Carleton Place
This is from Twitter

I have some good news for you :) If you're looking for a Bring Your Own Phone plan, I would have an option for $60 with 10 GB available to you as well. :)

What do you think?

-Pamela
May 13, 2015
281 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
dzuydang wrote: Not to take away from the thread (thanks op) but A little late for fido imho. As I said in a previous thread,as a loyal fido customer of a LONG time... i was sick of these “targetted” offers that I would have to beg for (still not successfully get). A handful of friends/family have already made the switch. Hope fido works on this issue :)
Thanks. Fido worked out well on this line for me. I kept it for 5 years. Current plan I have is $50/5GB BYOD.i am looking a match since my data needs went up.
Last edited by pmehley on Dec 15th, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1186 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kimberlee1 wrote: This is from Twitter

I have some good news for you :) If you're looking for a Bring Your Own Phone plan, I would have an option for $60 with 10 GB available to you as well. :)

What do you think?

-Pamela
Ask if it's a 5GB bonus for 2 years, or permanent. In 2 years, the chances of Fido offering a 5GB bonus up again are very slight. They won't even honour the 2GB bonus they applied to their old loyalty plans 2 years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
I thought other thread mentioned it was a Fido Pulse Plan which would mean it is better as it comes with a phone subsidy (if you need a new phone that is)?
May 13, 2015
281 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
Kimberlee1 wrote: This is from Twitter

What do you think?

-Pamela
Is it 10GB flat or a bonus??
Nov 5, 2011
92 posts
52 upvotes
Markham
Anyone know if I am still have TAB balance. Can I pay off the remaining balance and switch to BYOD plan?
Last edited by teamwork1223 on Dec 15th, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1186 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RiftOfChaos wrote: I thought other thread mentioned it was a Fido Pulse Plan which would mean it is better as it comes with a phone subsidy (if you need a new phone that is)?
That's not what Fido Pulse means. It's a BYOD = No subsidy.
Last edited by DreamSanctuary on Dec 15th, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 13, 2015
281 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
teamwork1223 wrote: Anyone know if I am still have TAB balance. Can I pay off the remaining balance and switch to BYOD plan?
You can do that anytime I think. If you don't owe anything, they know you are free to leave them and usually you get good offers. Something I did earlier this year.
May 13, 2015
281 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
teamwork1223 wrote: Anyone know if I am still have TAB balance. Can I pay off the remaining balance and switch to BYOD plan?
You can do that anytime I think. If you don't owe anything, they know you are free to leave them and usually you get good offers. Something I did earlier this year.
Nov 5, 2011
92 posts
52 upvotes
Markham
pmehley wrote: You can do that anytime I think. If you don't owe anything, they know you are free to leave them and usually you get good offers. Something I did earlier this year.
Thanks for your info. So, I can just call in and tell them I want to pay off the remaining TAB balance?
Dec 2, 2006
594 posts
125 upvotes
Bradford
finally got a response from chat
"The BYOP $60/mo. 5GB+5GB (data bonus for 24 months) will be available tomorrow for Ontario residents. Can you please contact us tomorrow? Slightly Smiling Face"
May 30, 2006
277 posts
19 upvotes
It's already started. Same pulse plan. 5gb +5gb, second 5gb expires after 24 months. Live in-store since this afternoon.
Dec 23, 2010
293 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
Zat wrote: finally got a response from chat
"The BYOP $60/mo. 5GB+5GB (data bonus for 24 months) will be available tomorrow for Ontario residents. Can you please contact us tomorrow? Slightly Smiling Face"
lol fail.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)