Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido 75u Internet 50% off 12 months new customer eligible

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 9:23 pm

Poll: What modem model did you get with this deal?

• Total votes: 87. You have voted on this poll.
CGN3U

51%
CGN3A (variants)

26%
CODA4582

23%
May 31, 2018
27 posts
308 upvotes
o0vL wrote: hi i noticed my internet promo is about to expire at the end of the month and was wondering if you guys can extend the promotional rate for another year before i start shopping around for a new ISP
I'm on the same deal that would expire end of month, went into a Live Chat on the Fido website and literally pasted in the text above. I got the deal pretty much right away. No hassle at all.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1358 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
o0vL wrote:
hi i noticed my internet promo is about to expire at the end of the month and was wondering if you guys can extend the promotional rate for another year before i start shopping around for a new ISP
Exact same words here as well without "before i start shopping around for a new ISP". I like to keep threat/competition part for second kick. Got it pretty much right away in like 5.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2005
1649 posts
300 upvotes
Ottawa
I was at fido store after talking to a rep on chat a few days ago. I was told today that the 50% off on 75 is only for a new/exisitng fido customer only. No idea what their definition of new customer is.
Sep 12, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Got renewed for 32.50 at 50% starting Sep 30, 2019.... Since rogers in-store kiosk was offering 24.99 for same 75U, didn't want to change and miss out on higher pricing probably next year for both rogers or fido. Am existing cellphone fido customer, internet promo was last year Sep 2018 50% off
Sep 6, 2012
131 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
What is the latest and best modem currently available for Fido Home Internet? I am getting mixed answers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3927 posts
845 upvotes
Mississauga
Shawzborne wrote: What is the latest and best modem currently available for Fido Home Internet? I am getting mixed answers.
They're not giving CODA anymore as far I know. Those are reserved for Fido customer unless you get in-home installation(which I'm not sure if there is extra charge).
Other than that, CGN3A is the next best one. It's grey colour.

The black one is mostly fine and if you have wireless coverage issue, then put it in bridge and get a better wireless router.
Sep 6, 2012
131 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
wing0 wrote: They're not giving CODA anymore as far I know. Those are reserved for Fido customer unless you get in-home installation(which I'm not sure if there is extra charge).
Other than that, CGN3A is the next best one. It's grey colour.

The black one is mostly fine and if you have wireless coverage issue, then put it in bridge and get a better wireless router.
Is the CODA4582 a newer or older model?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3927 posts
845 upvotes
Mississauga
Shawzborne wrote: Is the CODA4582 a newer or older model?
Newest model that is mainly Rogers offering. They gave some out to Fido customers when they ran out of the other 2.
I think now, they have enough black and grey ones that they're giving those out.
Sep 6, 2012
131 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
wing0 wrote: Newest model that is mainly Rogers offering. They gave some out to Fido customers when they ran out of the other 2.
I think now, they have enough black and grey ones that they're giving those out.
So the CODA4582 is newer than the CGN3U and newer than the CGN3A?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3927 posts
845 upvotes
Mississauga
Shawzborne wrote: So the CODA4582 is newer than the CGN3U and newer than the CGN3A?
CODA4582 is newer than the CGN3A and newer than the CGN3U
Sep 6, 2012
131 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
wing0 wrote: CODA4582 is newer than the CGN3A and newer than the CGN3U
Thank-you

CODA4582 is what I currently have, and being fed misinformation from Fido support on twitter...
Sep 6, 2012
131 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
Are there any new fido internet promos out, I believe my 12 month promo expires in december
Jan 23, 2012
137 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga, Canada
Shawzborne wrote: Are there any new fido internet promos out, I believe my 12 month promo expires in december
My promo expired they gave me $25 off this time. Not the $50%
Aug 31, 2001
495 posts
42 upvotes
How do you get the 50% deal again for another year if you're already signed up from a prior year (new customer)
Sep 6, 2012
131 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
Sedul wrote: How do you get the 50% deal again for another year if you're already signed up from a prior year (new customer)
You cancel account and make a new one since there is zero contract