Fido

Fido CPO Phone Deals: iPhone 12 mini 128gb, 11 Pro 5.79/mo, keep plan

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2022 8:31 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15257 posts
6274 upvotes
cy wrote: I think you don't understand how it works. You were able to get the $20/mth before because that's the new way of "committment" or "contract". It's how they subsidize you for your phone while you stick with their service. If you can just sign up for a $20/mth x24 mths deal on a $1k phone, pay it off like you said, that's a loophole that NO company would want to take on....except Koodo that did and stopped doing it.

It's not a rip off, I think you are trying to rip them off by "paying it off early" then take on another $5.79 x 24....then what? Pay it off "early" again in 6 months?

Some people just feel entitled lol.
Even when brand new purchased outright, the s21 cost ~$1000. To charge $1100 for it six months into the contract is absurd. Fido should not be allowed to charge more than MSRP as a device balance. I'm surprised this is even legal under Canadian law.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Jan 9, 2018
443 posts
536 upvotes
Just received Iphone 11 pro , too many dents and scratches on it . Not on the screen but I can easily count about 10 deep scratches on the side and back . Battery health 88% . Called customer service and asked them for replacement . They will ship a new lightly used one in 2 weeks . Customer rep also said that lightly used CPO devices are a HIT or MISS ..
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20810 posts
10331 upvotes
Oakville
SickBeast wrote: Even when brand new purchased outright, the s21 cost ~$1000. To charge $1100 for it six months into the contract is absurd. Fido should not be allowed to charge more than MSRP as a device balance. I'm surprised this is even legal under Canadian law.
The wireless code actually *does* have a provision that carriers can't sell devices for over MSRP, if memory serves. BUT, the problem with that is that there's no definition of what MSRP is. In theory one could make the argument that because Samsung never sold it for less than $1129, that should be considered the official MSRP. But I'm willing to bet (because the CRTC is the textbook definition of regulatory capture) that there is some hidden "official" MSRP of $1400 or whatever that Samsung provides to the carriers, and that's what the carriers actually use for determining device payouts.

If you're feeling real spicy about it, you can contact Fido and ask them to provide documentation on how they determine MSRP, and when they inevitably fail to do so, file a CCTS complaint. I don't like your odds, but you could always give it a try - but you have to work with Fido, first. Odds are that they'll say "You agreed that the MSRP was $1400 or whatever when you signed your contract" and tell you to shove off. BUT, if miracle of miracles happens and you have a successful CCTS complaint and manage to get your MSRP down to 1129, you're still looking at an $846.75 payout for your remaining 18 months.
Apr 21, 2006
805 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
Matrix_dot_ca wrote: when did you order? just wondering how long it would it take for them to ship out
I ordered Thursday night.
Apr 21, 2006
805 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
bizybe wrote: What size memory? 64 gb is too tiny this day and age.
256 or 512 but a lot more expensive $21 and $47.99 respectively.
Is it worth it to get the 512gb or 256 gb?
64 gb. I realize it’s not a lot, but since I don’t play games on my phone and all pictures are on iCloud, I can somewhat manage with 64 gb.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4664 posts
2725 upvotes
Milton, ON.
warthunder2k wrote: 64 gb. I realize it’s not a lot, but since I don’t play games on my phone and all pictures are on iCloud, I can somewhat manage with 64 gb.
And as an FYI, if you run out of room on iCloud and dont want to spend the extra $$$$, you most likely have Amazon Prime and photo storage is "free" and unlimited. Im not sure if there is a way to setup iphone NOT to backup photos or videos, but if there was a way, excellent.
Apr 21, 2006
805 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
cRaZyRaVr wrote: And as an FYI, if you run out of room on iCloud and dont want to spend the extra $$$$, you most likely have Amazon Prime and photo storage is "free" and unlimited. Im not sure if there is a way to setup iphone NOT to backup photos or videos, but if there was a way, excellent.
It’s true, but the iCloud way is much superior and simple, I prefer to do it that way.

Ps: I received my phone, battery is at 100%, BUT I have been trying to reset and when I get to the “update” to the latest version, the phone juste gets stuck there… I have been trying for 3 hours, not looking good.
Feb 16, 2016
854 posts
645 upvotes
warthunder2k wrote: It’s true, but the iCloud way is much superior and simple, I prefer to do it that way.

Ps: I received my phone, battery is at 100%, BUT I have been trying to reset and when I get to the “update” to the latest version, the phone juste gets stuck there… I have been trying for 3 hours, not looking good.
Try Recovery Mode, Restore the iPhone and then it will update it and reset it at the same time.
TELUS【 Mobility 】Unlimited 25GB | $30 | Unlimited US Calls & International Text, Visual Voicemail, for $0
◾Apple Watch
& Tablet access to data for $0
Bell【 Internet 】Gigabit Fibe 1.5Gbps | $44.95
Aug 7, 2017
406 posts
481 upvotes
warthunder2k wrote: It’s true, but the iCloud way is much superior and simple, I prefer to do it that way.

FYI I once got a CPO that looked perfect but would just restart randomly. Hours of pissing around restoring/resetting/etc led to me just returning it - there is such a thing as just straight-out defective iPhones and stuff like this doesn't always show up on diagnostics.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2670 posts
950 upvotes
sdg wrote: Looks like $60.

Cold deal imo.
So total comes to $1,578.72. Cold deal.
Aug 14, 2010
358 posts
680 upvotes
Ottawa
Thrasher wrote: So total comes to $1,578.72. Cold deal.
Almost ice cold.

But RFD thinks paying almost $100 a month for two years is a "Hot Deal".
He/Him

RFD: Paying $100 a month for a phone is a good deal.
Apr 21, 2006
805 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
illicit wrote: Try Recovery Mode, Restore the iPhone and then it will update it and reset it at the same time.
Thanks, this worked! So my iPhone 11 Pro Max is scratch free, battery is at 100%, everything looks great. Also, unfortunately there is no warranty left, but that was to be expected. The battery was the important part for me. I will use it for a few days to decide, but so far it looks like I will keep the phone. Ps: fido charges me for service since I ordered the phone, even though I only received it 4 days after, Seems weird to me because I didn’t even have a SIM card, how is it fair to make me pay for days that I couldn’t use? Anyway, not the end of the world, the important thing is that I’m very satisfied with the phone.
Apr 21, 2006
805 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
sdg wrote: Almost ice cold.

Here in QC I got the deal on a 12 go plan for 45$ A month, not so bad.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20810 posts
10331 upvotes
Oakville
Thrasher wrote: So total comes to $1,578.72. Cold deal.
sdg wrote: Almost ice cold.

$60 min is only for new customers. Plenty of existing customers with decent plans are eligible for this upgrade.
Aug 14, 2010
358 posts
680 upvotes
Ottawa
warthunder2k wrote: Here in QC I got the deal on a 12 go plan for 45$ A month, not so bad.
Yeah.

That’s much better.
He/Him

RFD: Paying $100 a month for a phone is a good deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4664 posts
2725 upvotes
Milton, ON.

Why do you think its superior? I have never used iCloud, maybe I am missing something?
Jan 9, 2018
443 posts
536 upvotes
Just received a replacement iphone 11 pro . No Scratches or dents this time but battery health is 84% ... should i request another replacement? 84% is like 700-800 charge cycles . How are they categorizing it as lightly used ???
Oct 6, 2020
550 posts
815 upvotes
EddandEddie wrote: Just received a replacement iphone 11 pro . No Scratches or dents this time but battery health is 84% ... should i request another replacement? 84% is like 700-800 charge cycles . How are they categorizing it as lightly used ???
84%...yikes. My 4-5 year old iphone Xs is at like 84%...and i abuse the hell out of the battery lol
Apr 21, 2006
805 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Why do you think its superior? I have never used iCloud, maybe I am missing something?
It’s because everything is centralized and automatically backed up every night, no need to do anything. Also it is automatically shared between the family, no need to configure anything.
Apr 21, 2006
805 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
teedomo88 wrote: 84%...yikes. My 4-5 year old iphone Xs is at like 84%...and i abuse the hell out of the battery lol
84% is terrible, my 2 year old phone is currently at 92%, and I use it everyday.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)