Expired Hot Deals

Fido

Fido CPO Phone Deals: iPhone 12 mini 128gb, 11 Pro 5.79/mo, keep plan

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2022 8:31 pm
Apr 8, 2007
860 posts
188 upvotes
On old 10 dollar 4g plan and not able to upgrade using same plan …

But I guess I have to order via apple …
Running on hackintosh in 2011: I5 ivy Bridge 3.10 HD3000, Zotac 1030 2G video card, HDMI 2.0 cable, 16G RAM( max out at 1600mhz) on a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Mobo with ITB Crucial MX500 SSD, With 4K 60HZ UM7300AUE as a monitor> Retina Display
May 11, 2018
124 posts
62 upvotes
Mtl
I got the iPhone 12 "used" and aside some scratches it's in a good state (apple warranty until Jan 2023, 100% battery).

Just if anyone is wondering (just got first monthly bill), even though the tax situation (on whole price bla) is confusing, the discount is applied on the pre-tax amount of my monthly cellular bill (not device finance part) , so my bill went up 5.87$ + tx, not more.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1947 posts
1291 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: Even when brand new purchased outright, the s21 cost ~$1000. To charge $1100 for it six months into the contract is absurd. Fido should not be allowed to charge more than MSRP as a device balance. I'm surprised this is even legal under Canadian law.
yeah, it's actually really annoying when trying to find out "true cost" or "true discount." Its not a Fido thing though, all the carriers do it... and yes, they're all annoying in that respect.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20810 posts
10331 upvotes
Oakville
ktkn wrote: yeah, it's actually really annoying when trying to find out "true cost" or "true discount." Its not a Fido thing though, all the carriers do it... and yes, they're all annoying in that respect.
Fido very clearly says what they consider the "retail price" of the device when you're signing up. That "full price" you see in the screenshot below is it. And the crossed out monthly payment price? That's what you would be paying for all your remaining months if you cancel early.

Dec 13, 2012
118 posts
80 upvotes
Ontario
Great deal, thanks OP for posting.

I upgraded my plan to $50/20GB plan + $6/mo for an iPhone 12 mini... 100% battery, no scratches, no issues, warranty until Nov 2022. Did it all online, no extra fees.

I'm happy.

Old plan in case anyone is wondering: $40/5gb BYOP, with an old Samsung S8 I bought in a different RFD thread 4 years ago (paid $300 back then)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5403 posts
1018 upvotes
acpartin wrote: Great deal, thanks OP for posting.

I upgraded my plan to $50/20GB plan + $6/mo for an iPhone 12 mini... 100% battery, no scratches, no issues, warranty until Nov 2022. Did it all online, no extra fees.

I'm happy.

Old plan in case anyone is wondering: $40/5gb BYOP, with an old Samsung S8 I bought in a different RFD thread 4 years ago (paid $300 back then)
But would you end up using more than 5gb on the new plan? Otherwise it's an extra $10 on the plan for nothing.

I have an offer for $55/30gb and currently on $40/5gb and $45/7gb lines. No sure I want to pay the 10-15 more per month without actually benefiting from the extra data..
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1947 posts
1291 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Fido very clearly says what they consider the "retail price" of the device when you're signing up. That "full price" you see in the screenshot below is it. And the crossed out monthly payment price? That's what you would be paying for all your remaining months if you cancel early.

Yes, all the carriers show clearly what their "full retail price is." What I meant is that you have to do your own research to see if the discount they are offering is actually a good deal. For example, Fido's "full retail price" is MORE expensive than the MSRP than the Applestore for a lot of the phones. So if Fido offers you an extra $50 off MSRP, you might be still paying MORE than he full retail price at the AppleStore, etc. You cannot use Fido's "full retail price" to make a decision. You cannot take 30% off at face value for example. You need to do additional research which is very annoying.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20810 posts
10331 upvotes
Oakville
ktkn wrote: Yes, all the carriers show clearly what their "full retail price is." What I meant is that you have to do your own research to see if the discount they are offering is actually a good deal. For example, Fido's "full retail price" is MORE expensive than the MSRP than the Applestore for a lot of the phones. So if Fido offers you an extra $50 off MSRP, you might be still paying MORE than he full retail price at the AppleStore, etc. You cannot use Fido's "full retail price" to make a decision. You cannot take 30% off at face value for example. You need to do additional research which is very annoying.
Ahh yes, absolutely. But also, never look at the % off, always just look at what your total outlay ends up being. In the screenshot I shared above, assuming your plan price remains the same, you're looking at $522.72 for an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Which is still pretty significantly discounted compared to the $1020 that Apple sells refurb units for. Granted, Apple's refurbs are basically like new and have full warranty, so one has to make the decision themselves if it's worth the savings in this case.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1316 posts
544 upvotes
Victoria
azncapcom wrote: But would you end up using more than 5gb on the new plan? Otherwise it's an extra $10 on the plan for nothing.

I have an offer for $55/30gb and currently on $40/5gb and $45/7gb lines. No sure I want to pay the 10-15 more per month without actually benefiting from the extra data..
That's exactly how I look at plan + discounted phone price. I always look at the cost of both together vs. my current plans. If I have to pay more for a plan (for more data that I won't use), to get a discount on the phone, then I really attribute it to the price of the phone. Maybe my data needs in the future change and that's money well spent... maybe not. Anyways, for me it always makes sense to look at total cost of ownership over two years for both the plan AND the phone. My data requirements are so small across the family that it's been a long time since a subsidized phone made sense for me.
Dec 13, 2012
118 posts
80 upvotes
Ontario
azncapcom wrote: But would you end up using more than 5gb on the new plan? Otherwise it's an extra $10 on the plan for nothing.

100% - $10 for an extra 15 GB was worth it for me and was not an option unless I got a new phone - which I also desperately needed. Win-win for me, but agreed it might not be for everyone.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2003
1139 posts
210 upvotes
I ordered 11 pro max on June 28. Looks like it is backordered, Phone still hasn't been shipped. Neutral Face
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20810 posts
10331 upvotes
Oakville
09halu wrote: outage again!!!Smiling Face With Horns
Again? When was the last one? I feel like it's been a while. 2020, maybe?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2003
1139 posts
210 upvotes
i got my 11 pro max. It is in great condition. no scratch or dings but the battery is at 82%. Looking at marketplace it cost around $60-70 for battery replacement. Not sure if i should just take the cost as CPO are hit and miss. :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)