• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2021 8:32 pm
[OP]
Dec 11, 2020
6 posts
22 upvotes

[Fido] Fido extra 2 gb for new activation

I activated 45$per month connection 2days back
I saw this adv and gave it a try the Fido rep activated extra 2 gb to my account.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210210-152757__01.jpg
21 replies
Sep 3, 2017
177 posts
203 upvotes
Vancouver
I opened 2 $50/10 lines on Koodo last weekend.

Hope they will match this offer.
Jan 20, 2018
66 posts
315 upvotes
Just called in the number on the website and signed up for a $45/8gb plan, agent was nice and easy to deal with. The 2gb bouns is a permanent add-on. But it do need a Credit check by the way.
He also mentioned if I add another line, I can get the same promotion and extra $5 off for the second line.
May 28, 2013
468 posts
266 upvotes
Laval, QC
mr2711 wrote: Do they waive off $45 activation fees if we get this promo over phone?
Usually activation fees are waived only if done via the website...
Sep 3, 2017
177 posts
203 upvotes
Vancouver
How did you navigate to this offer from the main page? It is not listed under their promotions page.

I want to have Koodo match this, but not sure if I can point them to the offer.
Oct 25, 2020
69 posts
95 upvotes
mr2711 wrote: Do they waive off $45 activation fees if we get this promo over phone?
yes they will. They are doing it for me. They can't credit it until its charged
Jul 23, 2018
422 posts
142 upvotes
mr2711 wrote: N00b Question. Looking into 1000 international minutes. Is it one time add-on or do I get 1000 international minutes per month.
Monthly.
Dec 7, 2020
59 posts
26 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: I opened 2 $50/10 lines on Koodo last weekend.

Hope they will match this offer.
I also recently opened 10gb for 50 account with koodo. Today I called them to match the offer. After a long discussion and also speaking with a supervisor they couldn't match the offer
Jan 19, 2021
10 posts
114 upvotes
Did not get this. I have actually talked to a rep and had everything lined up for a $45/8GB with $5 international preferred add-on (for US calls, not included in the 1000 minutes) + a 2nd $50/12GB line with a $5 discount for Family lines. He called me back a couple of hours later stating his backoffice said this offer was not valid and could not honour it. I am super pissed, as they did a credit check even, and that has CERTAINLY impacted my already struggling score (for a country so immigrant-friendly, the credit scoring system is surprisingly crappy)
Dec 7, 2020
59 posts
26 upvotes
mr2711 wrote: Got $45/8GB on first line and $40/8GB on 2nd line yesterday but I don't see extra 2 GB mentioned anywhere in the emails I received after opening account with Fido or in app. I see 6 GB mentioned everywhere. Is it normal? OR did my rep screwed up my account?
They didn't add 2gb bonus to your accounts. Chat with them and provide them the offer link from here. They will add 2gb for you
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
1143 posts
165 upvotes
Kinda pissed I didn't see this thread yesterday when I signed up with Fido. They didn't even bother to offer it.

Edit: Was able to get after chatting with a customer representative. Thanks OP
Heatware : Chuckdeg
Dec 7, 2020
59 posts
26 upvotes
Anyone from koodo got success matching this offer. I tried twice but no luck
Apr 7, 2019
815 posts
949 upvotes
scorpion85 wrote: They didn't add 2gb bonus to your accounts. Chat with them and provide them the offer link from here. They will add 2gb for you
Thanks. Reached out to Fido via chat.

"Our agent created a case to add that bonus data on your both lines and it will take 2-4 business days to add that as our back office team will add that for you."
Nov 7, 2014
156 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I added a new line under my existing account a day ago before I see this post but I was able to get this 2gb bonus added to my line through chat tonight.
Sep 3, 2017
177 posts
203 upvotes
Vancouver
I managed to call in to get $45/8

The first agent did not know about the offer. I called in again and the second agent knew about it. The $45 activation fee is applied for over the phone activations, but they were able to waive it after I showed some hesitation.

It was quite a bit of hassle, but activating online and applying the offer retroactively seems more risky (they say it is not possible)
Jul 20, 2013
9 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I switch from telus back to koodoo after almost a year to get the $55/12 gb. I originally called Fido on Thursday cause I saw this ad. Rep had no idea about it.. told him word for word what was on it but had no idea and said he couldn't find anything on it. Oh well.. under the telus umbrella I stay