Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido good, cheap, pre owned, no term phones.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2019 8:53 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3583 posts
1851 upvotes
Halifax

[Fido] Fido good, cheap, pre owned, no term phones.

If you are looking for good phones on the cheap, hard to go wrong here. They all come with a 1 year warranty.

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/ce ... anguage=en

LG G6
CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED
LG G6 32 GB Platinum
32GB
DETAILS
$0
with 2-year agreement on a Small plan
No Term:
$180

LG Q6
CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED
LG Q6 32GB Platinum
32GB
DETAILS
$0
No Term:
$120

Samsung Galaxy A8
CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED
Samsung Galaxy A8 32GB Black
32GB
DETAILS
$0
No Term:
$240

Huawei P30 lite
CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED
Huawei P30 lite 128GB Black
128GB
DETAILS
$0
No Term:
$190
30 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1499 posts
1135 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The G6 and P30 Lite are decent, the rest not so much
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3583 posts
1851 upvotes
Halifax
I am eyeing the Q6 for it's price and size. Good enough for a daily driver. Already own a G6, and have no desire to upgrade to something faster.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1343 posts
4139 upvotes
bridonca wrote:
LG G6
CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED
LG G6 32 GB Platinum
32GB
DETAILS
$0
No Term:
$180
🤢🤮
bridonca wrote:
LG Q6
CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED
LG Q6 32GB Platinum
32GB
DETAILS
$0
No Term:
$120
🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
May 11, 2011
678 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
chevyz07 wrote: The G6 and P30 Lite are decent, the rest not so much
Not really. You can get a brand new Huawei P30 Lite from Koodo for $240. Why would you get an used one for $190 from Fido?
Life is a play. Everyone deserves an Oscar.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1761 posts
930 upvotes
lunear wrote: Not really. You can get a brand new Huawei P30 Lite from Koodo for $240. Why would you get an used one for $190 from Fido?
Where are you seeing $240?
I see $470 for retail, unless what you quoted was through a 2yr plan.
Images
  • upload.png
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3583 posts
1851 upvotes
Halifax
lunear wrote: Not really. You can get a brand new Huawei P30 Lite from Koodo for $240. Why would you get an used one for $190 from Fido?
These phones are free if you want to add a Fido plan. None of that phone credit nonsense.
Sep 6, 2012
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any way to buy without plan ?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13564 posts
3775 upvotes
VANCOUVER
To save 50 bux? Also, are these used, or remorse returns (which are essentially brand new)?
Nov 10, 2011
610 posts
518 upvotes
St. Catharines
What is the battery situation with these? The LG G6 has a non-removable battery. Is the battery still reasonable?

My wife and I already own a pair of LG G6 phones that are just coming up on 2years old, but the batteries have not been too great. My wife's has needed charging every day since it was about a year old. I use mine less than her, but it needs charging too often.

Do I really want to move froma 2-year old phone with battery issues to an identical (possibly) 2-year old phone?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2908 posts
1585 upvotes
Pothole city
Bought the P30 Lite online. Took the cheap 15$ plan. There a 65$ credit that will apply on the phone when you buy online, plus they wave the activation fees.
I guess that I will get a credit back when I cancel my line. So If I get the credit, that can be a 150$ P30 lite. Not bad.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1499 posts
1135 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not anymore, it's$470 at Koodo now that you can't cancel phone service early
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5762 posts
5367 upvotes
cpfan wrote: What is the battery situation with these? The LG G6 has a non-removable battery. Is the battery still reasonable?

My wife and I already own a pair of LG G6 phones that are just coming up on 2years old, but the batteries have not been too great. My wife's has needed charging every day since it was about a year old. I use mine less than her, but it needs charging too often.

Do I really want to move froma 2-year old phone with battery issues to an identical (possibly) 2-year old phone?
Consider getting a V30 or V35, vastly better phones, and fantastic batteries. Check eBay.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3583 posts
1851 upvotes
Halifax
ens1986 wrote: Is there any way to buy without plan ?
Not sure. You should be able to just order it, and not activate. Worst case is to get the $15 plan, pay for the phone and cancel right away. Might be an opportunity to switch to the 4 GB $15 tablet plan, maybe.

EDIT: If it is true and you get $65 in activation credits, you might want to keep the plan for a couple of months, at no cost to you.
Last edited by bridonca on Nov 8th, 2019 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3583 posts
1851 upvotes
Halifax
cpfan wrote: What is the battery situation with these? The LG G6 has a non-removable battery. Is the battery still reasonable?

If you were happy with your G6 battery life when it was new, you will be happy with these phones.

I have a G6, for about a year, and the battery is still good, and will be, because I charge the battery slowly, and only when exhausted. Fast chargers kill the battery quicker, frequent charges kill the battery quicker.

I just installed the pie update, and it seems to help with the battery life.