Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido home internet - $32.50 / 75u and $37.50 / 150u

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2021 9:03 am
Jul 19, 2011
69 posts
13 upvotes
KANATA, ON
wing0 wrote: Let me know when you get the emailed agreement.
Mine says $4 more because they couldn't get the 50% to apply to the $8 modern rental fee. They tried 3 times. They kept cancelling the previous one and creating new order and when I get the email. It's still the same.
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep an eye on it.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
RubberCheese wrote: They sent me an email about how to claim the GC after around 3 weeks of service.

I selected virtual delivery and it arrived within a couple days.

Nothing like the nightmares i read about on here.

You definitely had them include a GC when you signed up?
When you say include , what do you mean by that?

I think virtually everyone who signed up around that time knew about the GC. I had the WM rep confirm it and said yes.

I will search in my email again but I think Im better off calling them about it.
May 10, 2015
329 posts
402 upvotes
Orillia, ON
I signed up around late November Black Friday. Still no gift card and I've been checking my junkmail. Did a live chat a couple days ago and was told they'd elevate my issue and I should have the email with gift card info within 10 days. What a ridiculous procedure, I don't know why they don't just say here's a $150 credit towards the service, it's like you have to jump through hoops and maybe they're hoping some people forget or just give up then they don't have to pay out the $150.
May 9, 2005
165 posts
46 upvotes
TORO
I'm a current Fido 75u user and I used to chat to get this discount.
Now I'm on 150u for 37.50

THanks OP

edit. i didn't bother asking about the Gift Card.
Last edited by speedyb on Jan 11th, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3612 posts
2222 upvotes
ryawesome wrote: I signed up around late November Black Friday. Still no gift card and I've been checking my junkmail. Did a live chat a couple days ago and was told they'd elevate my issue and I should have the email with gift card info within 10 days. What a ridiculous procedure, I don't know why they don't just say here's a $150 credit towards the service, it's like you have to jump through hoops and maybe they're hoping some people forget or just give up then they don't have to pay out the $150.
Not sure if I would want to just give money out freely as a business. Sucks as a customer, but if you think about it from their POV, this is exactly that. Hopefully the user forgets about it.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2613 posts
779 upvotes
Called in and was thankfully upgraded to 150u @ $37.50 on first try. No games.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
speedyb wrote: I'm a current Fido 75u user and I used to chat to get this discount.
Now I'm on 150u for 37.50

THanks OP
Stunt_101 wrote: Called in and was thankfully upgraded to 150u @ $37.50 on first try. No games.
do you know if your promo period was extended to 12 months from today?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3508 upvotes
Chat rep just told me that the offer isn't available today :/
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2613 posts
779 upvotes
BenK wrote: do you know if your promo period was extended to 12 months from today?
Good question, the rep wasn't specific. He just told me that my change is effective as of today. They would not upgrade me to the white COBA modem stating that those are only for rogers customers. Go figure.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3508 upvotes
Stunt_101 wrote: Good question, the rep wasn't specific. He just told me that my change is effective as of today. They would not upgrade me to the white COBA modem stating that those are only for rogers customers. Go figure.
Reps just make up whatever they want... like mine saying the promo isn't valid anymore. I'm currently on the 75u plan and they gave me the white CODA modem a while back and have never been a Rogers customer.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2613 posts
779 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: Reps just make up whatever they want... like mine saying the promo isn't valid anymore. I'm currently on the 75u plan and they gave me the white CODA modem a while back and have never been a Rogers customer.
Hate how they're so inconsistent and you have to play games just to get some "deals"
Dec 5, 2004
502 posts
607 upvotes
iusearayK47 wrote: Seems like a good short term internet provider vs the price/speed at Carrytel, but of course no gift card bonus.

It'll probably be what I will do since it's no contract, until Beanfield comes to my building
Be warned, as FIDO has made an intense push into non-LIVE-PHONE customer support.

There was a time when FIDO first entered the market with a Rogers-piggybacked service and customer support was reachable and fabulous.
Oct 27, 2012
110 posts
146 upvotes
Couldn't get the offer with chat for changing my current service. Was able to upgrade by phone to 150u for $37.50. Rep mentioned that today was the last day for the promotion.
Nov 3, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes
Managed to upgrade my current 75u to 150u ($37.50) via chat. Rep also mentioned it was the last day.
Nov 3, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes
BenK wrote: do you know if your promo period was extended to 12 months from today?
The rep told me the 50% discount would apply for 12 months
Dec 5, 2004
502 posts
607 upvotes
Oh my god, FIDO hasn't changed their Muzak music from Polaroid to something else in god-knows-how-long.
Apr 11, 2011
70 posts
39 upvotes
I have two separate accounts at two different addresses from last year's promotion 150mbps/$37.50. Thought there was a billing error, but dug up the email confirming 12 month promo.

I called into 1-855-821-2953, option #1. Was in queue for about 35 minutes. Explained to the rep I was surprised to see the home internet billing and was looking at options. I also noted that I am a wireless customer.

He was able to apply a 50% promotion for 12 months on both accounts after speaking to his support. Was on the call for another 30 minutes or so.
Sep 14, 2017
93 posts
214 upvotes
Interesting, I phoned in at 1-844-884-6141 and the agent I got wouldn't budge.

I was an existing customer on the 75 Mbps at $40 monthly, and asked to switch to the 150 Mbps at $37.50. Instead she offered a $25 monthly credit for 12 months, so $75 - 25 = $50 monthly. I rejected her offer and hopped back on to live chat, and this time it went smooth. The live chat agent was friendly and said he made an exception for my account to switch me into the $37.50 monthly for 150 Mbps
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3612 posts
115 upvotes
GTA
For those that upgraded from 75u to 150u ($37.50) did you have to return your existing modem for another one? TIA.
Jan 8, 2008
491 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Be sure you keep chat transcripts for the Gift Cards!! Inconsistency chat. I received the email but it was for $100 only. The offer that was given to me was for a $150 GC the chat person told me that is not the offer. After back and forth i told them i had chat transcript and voila they said i have to wait for another link

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)