[Fido] Fido Home Internet - $50 or $100 Amazon/Walmart Gift Card
More budget TPIAs like CarryTel and Cannet do have some promos going on, but I didn't want to risk the possibility of throttling.
Was able to get this promo with Fido over their online chat. The promo doesn't seem to available in store or over the phone:
I signed up for 150u at $75/mo, works out to be ~$67/mo for the first year after deducting the gift card. Seems to be similar price as other more highly rated (?) TPIAs like TekSavvy or Start, but minus the activation fees and modem rental.
- If you sign up for the unlimited 75 , we are giving away a 50$ gift card for Amazon or Walmart!
- If you sign up for the unlimited 150 , we are giving away a 100$ gift card for Amazon or Walmart!
The terms of the promotion provided by the agent (sorry I forgot to ask for the expiry date of the promo):
Not a great deal compared to their promos back in December/January, or if you are eligible for a retention deal from Rogers, but posting this in case anyone else is in a similar situation and want to get service from a Tier 1 provider.
- Up to 6 weeks after your installation, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to register for your physical or electronic gift card.
- You’ll have 45 days from the day you receive the email to do the registration. If you don’t register within 45 days, you’ll no longer be eligible for this promotion.
- Be sure to check your junk mail folder to ensure you don’t miss the email.
- Amazon Gift Card: Once we verify your eligibility; you’ll need to visit amazon.ca to redeem your gift card. If you don’t have an existing Amazon account, you’ll need to create one.
- Walmart Gift Card: Once we verify your eligibility, you can visit a Walmart retail location or walmart.ca to redeem your gift card.
- All the instructions for redeeming your gift card will be in the email we send you.
- If you do not receive the registration email after 4 weeks, contact us and we’ll investigate the status of the email.
- Your service must remain active for 30 days to be eligible for gift card.