Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Home Internet - $50 or $100 Amazon/Walmart Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 2:38 pm
Mar 11, 2020
107 posts
84 upvotes
some agents are telling me that you have to be an existing fido wireless customer to qualify
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
45 posts
70 upvotes
simplealgebra wrote: Is it still in the GTA only?
Thatdealguy wrote: I'm surprised I don't see any "please put location" post. oh right, it doesn't apply to ON deals. Winking Face
Fido Home Internet is basically identical to Rogers Internet, just with a different logo and price - so only available in Rogers Cable territory (i.e. mostly Southern Ontario). In my case I'm signing up for service in Ottawa. Didn't put "Ontario only" in my initial post because I assumed it is common knowledge around here, haha.

cream4389 wrote: I was chatting online and agent said if I go into store I can still get this promo. has anyone tried?
I went to two Fido stores near me and neither knows about this promo, but maybe YMMV.
That said, there isn't much advantage signing up in store rn, they aren't allowing in-store modem pickup due to COVID (at least, according to the agents I talked to).

cream4389 wrote: so you can sign up for 30 days and get net $25 if you get the 150mbps plan?
Closer to $15, because $75+tax. Probably not worth the hard credit check lol

cream4389 wrote: some agents are telling me that you have to be an existing fido wireless customer to qualify
I'm not a Fido wireless customer (I'm on Zoomer) and was able to get the deal. I guess try ending the chat and see if another agent says differently?
Mar 11, 2020
107 posts
84 upvotes
kevinkuo wrote:

I'm not a Fido wireless customer (I'm on Zoomer) and was able to get the deal. I guess try ending the chat and see if another agent says differently?
are you sure? I was able to get agents who told me I was eligible (even though they were aware I was non fido costumer), so I signed up. The next day I called and chatted to confirm my eligibility once again only to be told im not eligible because I am not an existing fido customer. and they aren't willing to honour it or do anything to rectify.

maybe just confirm again so you arent stuck paying for one month of over priced internet with no compensation
Sep 19, 2005
188 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
gmarkdotcom wrote: They pro-actively e-mailed me this deal. I did not need to do anything.
I got an email (Your Fido Internet order info ...) that auto-renewed for me.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy bunny into your
(o'.'o) signature to help him gain world
(")_(") domination.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3884 posts
801 upvotes
Mississauga
I have two accounts with Fido internet. First one they offered $35 off 12 months last Nov. Second one they offered $30 off 12 months from I think Feb.
I guess they are decreasing the discount, it's $25 now? Wouldn't be surprised by the time mine runs out, it's going to be $20 off...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4878 posts
905 upvotes
I just got denied renewal on 50% offer as well. Anyone know what the current area rep offers for internet are currently?
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Aug 8, 2007
427 posts
276 upvotes
wing0 wrote: Wouldn't be surprised by the time mine runs out, it's going to be $20 off...
I just renewed and only got $20! I tried to get more online but they wouldn’t budge.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3884 posts
801 upvotes
Mississauga
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: I just renewed and only got $20! I tried to get more online but they wouldn’t budge.
I'm not surprised. They probably also have an average revenue per user set for internet users and it's probably like $40-45 per user.
Jul 1, 2019
20 posts
6 upvotes
Signed up last year when they were offering 50$ best buy gift card and sportsnet subscription... never got it
Aug 30, 2018
280 posts
98 upvotes
I don't think they're going to have back to school promo this year. Coz internet page on fido already says "A great value for students" :(
Sep 13, 2018
31 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks OP, I was able to secure this offer when I called in requesting for a new Fido connection. I am on Rogers for cellular.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21537 posts
156483 upvotes
GTA
Demand is significantly up, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have the BTS offer this year.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1891 posts
159 upvotes
Ottawa
If you're stuck in a territory where your can only get Rogers (Fido) or Bell (Virgin) home internet you can get virgin 100mb internet for $55 promo or negotiate with Rogers or Bell (YMMV) to get 500mb or 1gb for similar pricing
Jun 24, 2016
306 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
SAN66 wrote: If you're stuck in a territory where your can only get Rogers (Fido) or Bell (Virgin) home internet you can get virgin 100mb internet for $55 promo or negotiate with Rogers or Bell (YMMV) to get 500mb or 1gb for similar pricing
I called virgin CS last week rep told me no promo going on. Where you find the 100mb for $55?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1891 posts
159 upvotes
Ottawa
Usher9387 wrote: I called virgin CS last week rep told me no promo going on. Where you find the 100mb for $55?
Screenshot_20200808-120933.png
This is what I get when I visit the Virgin home internet website?

Oddly if I visit the same page on my laptop it doesn't show?

Maybe it's location based? Or maybe someone forgot to remove the promo from the mobile site?

Edit actually no, they even mention back to school.
Screenshot_20200808-121423.png