Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Home Internet - $50 or $100 Amazon/Walmart Gift Card

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 2:38 pm
Member
Jun 24, 2016
306 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
weird i don't see this on their webpage. Thanks anyway,i will check the mobile site
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2018
157 posts
95 upvotes
they said its for Quebec only. Ontario they are providing $50 credit one time.
Let me know if you are able to get same in ON.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1225 posts
210 upvotes
ExtraHoardernaire wrote: i had the 50% off deal last year and also got an email offering me $25 off the $65 plan. waiting to see if virgin has anything better to switch.
I am on the 150-75$ plan wonder if they will give me 25$ off when offer expires in Sept?
Newbie
Dec 16, 2017
10 posts
5 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
My 50% offer was expiring this month as well. I spoke to Fido web chat, and they applied $25 off/month to my $65 Internet plan.

Thanks for the tip!
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2018
157 posts
95 upvotes
specterz wrote: My 50% offer was expiring this month as well. I spoke to Fido web chat, and they applied $25 off/month to my $65 Internet plan.

Thanks for the tip!
nice. Talked to 3-4 rep but no go for anything. I have put in cancellation for end of my cycle. Lets see if they want to retail the line.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1066 posts
822 upvotes
Everywhere
whuang03 wrote: Signed up last year when they were offering 50$ best buy gift card and sportsnet subscription... never got it
i spent almost the whole year trying to get the GC. went through online chat, phone, and finally facebook chat, and every time it was "oh we're looking into it, we'll escalate". finally they just offered me a $50 bill credit, which i took. they should've just led with that.

i would suggest using facebook for any issues since you can just send a message and reply later. the rep you're talking to will constantly change but at least you don't have to wait on hold or restart the conversation every time.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5542 posts
5188 upvotes
ExtraHoardernaire wrote: i spent almost the whole year trying to get the GC. went through online chat, phone, and finally facebook chat, and every time it was "oh we're looking into it, we'll escalate". finally they just offered me a $50 bill credit, which i took. they should've just led with that.

i would suggest using facebook for any issues since you can just send a message and reply later. the rep you're talking to will constantly change but at least you don't have to wait on hold or restart the conversation every time.
Honestly this goes with alot of companies this way. Contact through Twitter or FB is pretty much always faster. Stupid, I know, but if it works for the president of the US, well...
Newbie
Apr 12, 2020
20 posts
6 upvotes
Update to their promo: "Get a $100 Amazon Gift Card with 75u or a $150 Amazon Gift Card with 150u."
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1264 posts
693 upvotes
ottawa
Darn - just signed up for ebox because Fido had me on the line for 2 hours canceling then offering a discount and saying 'actually it doesn't apply'. I finally said you're not worth my time and canceled.

Maybe they're getting their act together now.
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2008
448 posts
95 upvotes
ankysrulz wrote: nice. Talked to 3-4 rep but no go for anything. I have put in cancellation for end of my cycle. Lets see if they want to retail the line.
Try logging a complaint to CCTS, they'll usually get better reps to respond to the complaint.
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2008
448 posts
95 upvotes
I signed up with Fido 30mbps plan last month, and wanted to take advantage of this promo.

The rep over the phone said if i were to take advantage of this, I'll have to return my modem in a store to trigger the cancellation and then at the same time create a new sign up.

Going to store today, will see how it goes
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33936 posts
19770 upvotes
Ottawa
erichau wrote:
Try logging a complaint to CCTS
, they'll usually get better reps to respond to the complaint.

Other exceptions

Other applicable exceptions are:

equipment
inside wiring
security services such as alarm monitoring
networking services
pricing of products or services

rights of way
plant, including (without limitation), poles, towers conduits, trenches and other support structures
claims of false and misleading advertising
privacy issues
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2008
448 posts
95 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Other exceptions

Other applicable exceptions are:

equipment
inside wiring
security services such as alarm monitoring
networking services
pricing of products or services

rights of way
plant, including (without limitation), poles, towers conduits, trenches and other support structures
claims of false and misleading advertising
privacy issues
Nevermind, I thought he/she was the poster that said the $50 sign up bonus gift card was never received. Yes then he/she will have to find a new provider.

For anyone that signed up for similar promos in the past and never received bonus, then CCTS is the correct way to go if reps arent budging.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2004
4878 posts
905 upvotes
anyone successfully get a retention or winback offer for Fido internet lately?
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2008
448 posts
95 upvotes
onquest wrote: Same offer with Rogers. Price is a little higher but at least you get a way better modem-router.
The 150mbps speed is $99.99/month @ Rogers.
- $29.99 activation fee ($0 with Fido)
- $100 Gift Card, (Fido is $150)
- $5 off monthly promotion for the next 12 months.

You're better off with Fido imo

Top