Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Home Internet - $50 or $100 Amazon/Walmart Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 4:05 pm
Oct 19, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone recieved the actual gift card? I got the email to 'register' for it a couple weeks ago, and yet, no gift card yet.
Nov 23, 2017
347 posts
141 upvotes
DavidM84357 wrote: Has anyone recieved the actual gift card? I got the email to 'register' for it a couple weeks ago, and yet, no gift card yet.
Did you register for the physical or electronic version of the gift card? The former takes 4-6 weeks to be mailed to your place while the latter supposedly takes 2-3 weeks for the code to be sent to your inbox.
Oct 19, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Ph7nam wrote: Did you register for the physical or electronic version of the gift card? The former takes 4-6 weeks to be mailed to your place while the latter supposedly takes 2-3 weeks for the code to be sent to your inbox.
I registered for the digital version. It's been exactly 2 weeks. I'll hold off a bit longer. This whole process seems excessively cumbersome!
Nov 23, 2017
347 posts
141 upvotes
DavidM84357 wrote: I registered for the digital version. It's been exactly 2 weeks. I'll hold off a bit longer. This whole process seems excessively cumbersome!
Just following up here, were you able to receive the gift card in the end? I've heard from some of my friends that they are being told there's also a delay to send the gift cards now, very disappointing if true. They were supposed to receive the gift card codes this week.
Oct 19, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Ph7nam wrote: Just following up here, were you able to receive the gift card in the end? I've heard from some of my friends that they are being told there's also a delay to send the gift cards now, very disappointing if true. They were supposed to receive the gift card codes this week.
Nope, no gift card here... I fully anticipate needing to converse with customer service shortly.
Nov 23, 2017
347 posts
141 upvotes
DavidM84357 wrote: Nope, no gift card here... I fully anticipate needing to converse with customer service shortly.
Dang that's unfortunate.
Jul 1, 2019
22 posts
8 upvotes
Still waiting for mine still! I'll probably talk to customer service tomorrow and see if I can get bill reduction instead
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
104 posts
135 upvotes
Still waiting for mine digital gift card more than 3 weeks later too.
I did receive an email about 2 weeks ago noting that there's an additional four-week delay due to "the value of the Gift Card in the invitation [being] incorrect".....so yeah....
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 3.27.34 PM.png
Nov 23, 2017
347 posts
141 upvotes
kevinkuo wrote: Still waiting for mine digital gift card more than 3 weeks later too.
I did receive an email about 2 weeks ago noting that there's an additional four-week delay due to "the value of the Gift Card in the invitation [being] incorrect".....so yeah....
Oh my god, and you were waiting since August right? This is just ridiculous of Fido. What was the amount you were supposed to receive? $150?
Apr 14, 2007
66 posts
6 upvotes
Contacted Fido and they said i was eligible for the GC but there has been delays on their side. The agent said he will escalate and it will take another 3-4 weeks. Looks like they want ppl to forget abt this GC so less ppl will claim them. Typical robbers
Jun 13, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
I'm yet to receive anything as well. Rogers (who owns Fido) has this behaviour. I disconnected my Rogers internet for this deal. When I receive the final bill from Rogers it was -$31 instead of -$119 so I had to contact them to get it corrected. I imagine lot of people won't bother to look into it.
Also I have to contact them again for them to mail me the cheque (which I'm yet to receive). Also, I have Fido mobile for which I was promised $200 credit. Guess what I have to contact them multiple times to have it applied.
So Rogers (and Fido) have pretty shady tactics.
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
104 posts
135 upvotes
Finally received my gift card! 3 months after the day i sighed up lol

FYI it’s sent from “fido@e.helloworldmail.com” with a link to “yourdigitalrewards.com”.
Jan 31, 2019
21 posts
6 upvotes
kevinkuo wrote: I've been assigned a Hitron CGN3U, which is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem with built in 802.11n (up to 450Mbps).
My parents' place (signed up for Fido 150u back in January) has a Hitron CODA-4582, which is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem with built in 802.11ac (up to 1733Mbps).

Honestly the range and speed of the built in Wi-Fi of either models are meh, so I put them in bridge mode and use my own router. Didn't notice any speed difference between the two modems in this setup (I'm able to get ~300M/16M, higher than what's advertised, which is really nice). I found that the CGN3U seems to be slightly more stable than the CODA-4582, though it might just be because the lines at my parents' neighbourhood is busier.

Note that Rogers/Fido doesn't allow you to bring your own modem, and modem rental is included in monthly fee. You don't really get to pick which modem you get - they send you whatever's available and suitable for your area.
Hi I was wondering how do you put the modem in bridge mode? Do you change this using the domain number?
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
104 posts
135 upvotes
YotinY73553 wrote: Hi I was wondering how do you put the modem in bridge mode?
It’s really simple just follow the instructions on this support page. After the modem is in bridge mode, it will have an IP address of 192.168.0.1, so just set your router’s IP range to something else (e.g. 192.168.2.x) if it doesn’t do so automatically.
May 11, 2011
4 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
I signed up on Sept 1st and to date, still no gift card. Online Fido support through their community has yielded no results whatsoever. Several escalations, and still not one step closer to this supposed gift card...
they even threatened to cut off my access to the forum for repeatedly posting how others can post a complaint on the CCTS website, and they told me as a result, 5 minutes lates, they were banning me from the site. They don't like to be called on their false promises...

file your complaint about the never received gift card here: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/
Nov 23, 2017
347 posts
141 upvotes
psoulliere75 wrote: I signed up on Sept 1st and to date, still no gift card. Online Fido support through their community has yielded no results whatsoever. Several escalations, and still not one step closer to this supposed gift card...
they even threatened to cut off my access to the forum for repeatedly posting how others can post a complaint on the CCTS website, and they told me as a result, 5 minutes lates, they were banning me from the site. They don't like to be called on their false promises...

file your complaint about the never received gift card here: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/
Have you contacted customer support through phone? It was not until I complained through phone about CCTS action did they really listen to me. I got $150 bill credit as a result of not receiving the gift card from that interaction.

Don't hesitate to file a complaint if they tell you to wait for a manager or someone else to contact you about your case. That is just them giving you the run around.